4Chan User Stephen Streams Suicide Attempt - Sets Himself on Fire

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
suicidal folks are all selfish fucks unless they go to a truly secluded place in the wilderness and die in an ant hill. otherwise some person has to clean them up and/or their mom has to see that shit.
Oh I agree it's stupid to do it in your house or some shit so your family walks in on it. I don't understand why people think it's so wrong to have an assisted suicide place or something tho or why they refuse to let someone die if they try to commit suicide and happen to be found before fully dead (like the failed shotguns to the face etc.).

As far as having to clean it up, those people have to clean up everybody that dies whether it's murders, people dying of natural causes, etc. it's their job of choice so i'm sure they don't mind it too much considering it keeps them employed...

It's selfish to kill yourself but it's not selfish to force someone to live an even shittier life if they fail?

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Just Google "failed suicide shotgun".

Without the quotation marks obviously.
My mom worked with a guy who survived such an attempt, he had barley a face left, 18-20 something, but survived. Another guy that hung himself in his 30's, failed somehow like collapsed his esophagus and/or fucked his neck up permanently. It's not as uncommon as you'd think, should always seek help, it's not worth it.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's not as uncommon as you'd think,should always seek help, it's not worth it.
Who else is there now that Kevorkian is dead?

Just took his face off.
Has to be done.

Sr2Q9T2.jpg

Xeldar

Silver Squire
It's not a question of seeking help, it's a question of having the financial means for help, as well.

http://globalizationofaddiction.ca/interesting book I read recently on treating addiction/depression as a symptom of alienation/dislocation/anomie instead of a disease in of itself.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm curious as to what you guys would consider "seeking help". Being arrested and sent to a mental ward because you tell someone you're thinking about killing yourself? Being forced to talk to people whose idea of helping is insisting that you're an idiot for not realizing how awesome your life is and you must be stupid to not realize it? Being told that things will magically get better someday despite the fact that they haven't for however many years it has taken to get to the point of suicide?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious as to what you guys would consider "seeking help". Being arrested and sent to a mental ward because you tell someone you're thinking about killing yourself? Being forced to talk to people whose idea of helping is insisting that you're an idiot for not realizing how awesome your life is and you must be stupid to not realize it? Being told that things will magically get better someday despite the fact that they haven't for however many years it has taken to get to the point of suicide?
God damn bro, pull your head out of the noose and calm down a little

Rime

<Donor>
If people want to die, that is their choice. Have them take a psyche test, make sure there is not some underlying issue that can be cleared up. If they still want to die, let them do it.

Make it legal. Make lots of paper work. Make sure there are multiple witnesses to the signing of the paperwork. A quiet room. The person is alone. Provide access to a fast acting pill. They either take it and die or walk out of the room. The end.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If people want to die, that is their choice. Have them take a psyche test, make sure there is not some underlying issue that can be cleared up. If they still want to die, let them do it.

Make it legal. Make lots of paper work. Make sure there are multiple witnesses to the signing of the paperwork. A quiet room. The person is alone. Provide access to a fast acting pill. They either take it and die or walk out of the room. The end.
Oh, I like that. Does that make me evil?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
So...exactly zero of those things are done in proper mental health care. You either saw a quack or you are making up everything.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I haven't seen anyone about suicide/suicidal thoughts or anything like that. The one time I spent a few days in a mental health clinic all they did was write everyone scrips for Risperdal because they were getting spiffs out the ass and all Risperdal did was make you pass the fuck out within 30-40 minutes. It pretty much consisted of sitting around all day doing nothing with 3 cigarette breaks if you smoked or 5 minutes outside if you didn't smoke and some "group therapy" that was comical at best.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
OK, this guy was pretty much an idiot.
More interesting suicide case was thesports writer who killed himself and left a web site describing how and why.
He knew what he was doing and planned it all out really well, minimizing trauma and difficulty for those who would have to "clean up" after him or deal with losing him.
Really, it was a best case scenario for suicide, and he still drew tremendous amounts of criticism just for killing himself at all. Honestly made me wonder why people are so quick to assume it's automatically wrong instead of considering the possibility that our ideas about life and death aren't necessarily as clear-cut as we like to pretend they are.