5 Best Games of All Time

friend of mine told me that to explore the walls as one of them was a solid illusion...I think that I fucking cried when I discovered the hidden wall...
part of the reason why these great RPGs died.. i don't know if anyone nowadays is looking to run-clip against the perimeter of an entire area to maybe find a hidden wall. things are just different, man

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everquest
Super Metroid
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Mortal Kombat (2 or UMK3 a close tie)
Diablo 2

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Everquest
Super Mario World
Professor Layton and The Curious Village
Kings Quest 5
Counterstrike
Super Street Fighter 2 (Yes mine goes to 6. Deal with it)

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everquest
Contra
Super street fighter 2 turbo
Super Mario World
WoW, despite it's up and down sub status, I have played it almost constantly since beta with a slight month or 2 break here and there.

If the list were longer I might throw in Diablo 1/2 and Starcraft 1 to the mix as well. While not as timeless as the console games I listed, they're both still great games to load up and play when you're bored.

Also super tecmo bowl, UN Squadron, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Battletoads, and Final Fantasy 7 are contenders as well.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1) Fallout (pick one)
2) Baldurs Gate 2
3) Wing Commander 4
4) Final Fantasy Tactics
5) Starcraft Broodwar

Caliane

as in league of legends? genre defining?
well, I listed several elements, of what would qualify a game to be ranked in that position.
I mean, Super Mario world was the first one I listed. SMW is probably the #1 platformer. but smb3 was both the breakout success and genre defining platformer..

League of Legends is one of the most all time played games now. Obviously breakout success... And dota wasn't really even its own game. So we kindof CAN say LoL is genre defining. Its defining how to do F2p right for sure. As well as esports.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
well, I listed several elements, of what would qualify a game to be ranked in that position.
I mean, Super Mario world was the first one I listed. SMW is probably the #1 platformer. but smb3 was both the breakout success and genre defining platformer..

League of Legends is one of the most all time played games now. Obviously breakout success... And dota wasn't really even its own game. So we kindof CAN say LoL is genre defining. Its defining how to do F2p right for sure. As well as esports.
they are doing it right because nobody else is doing it, dota 2 beta is "invite" it should have been open beta no keys needed, even though theres enough to go around, and i havent played HoN in a bit and i never had my own account because i wasnt going to pay for it so if both those games just went FTP right out the gate no bullshit, i think HoN / dota2 would be right there with the amount of attention it gets, i still wonder why dota2 decided to go with this type of beta when they seen how much attention LoL has gotten being ftp.

W

Wrathcaster

Personal faves, some are just nostalgia driven I fully admit.

5. Starsiege: Tribes
4. Everquest
3. Final Fantasy 7
2. Total War: Shogun 2
1. Fallout: New Vegas

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
they are doing it right because nobody else is doing it, dota 2 beta is "invite" it should have been open beta no keys needed, even though theres enough to go around, and i havent played HoN in a bit and i never had my own account because i wasnt going to pay for it so if both those games just went FTP right out the gate no bullshit, i think HoN / dota2 would be right there with the amount of attention it gets, i still wonder why dota2 decided to go with this type of beta when they seen how much attention LoL has gotten being ftp.
I played LoL until like 1.5 years back and dead servers or login queues were pretty common, whereas Dota 2 is up most of the time with no queues ever. Server capacity is the reason.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
1. Ultima Online
2. Champions of Krynn (D&D gold box...so addicting)
3. Ultima 7
4. Uncharted 2
5. King's Quest 5 (I LOVE the old Sierra games)

I couldn't get into Planescape Torment. Not sure what it is about that game, but I was pretty bored the whole time. To each his own I guess.

Sobaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
1. Half-Life (spawn of the modding scene)
2. Diablo II
3. Warcraft II + Expansions
4. Simcity (not the last two)
5. Age of Empires II (can't wait for HD Steam re-release)

clovell_sl

shitlord
5. Shadow of the Colossus
4. Medievil
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
1. World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Not necessarily the best games, but the ones that will always stick out to me as memorable in my life and best define me as a gamer:

1. Everquest
2. WoW
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Medievia (MUD)
5. Team Fortress 2

fucker_sl

shitlord
2. Champions of Krynn (D&D gold box...so addicting)
QFT

Death Knight of Krynn was the shit too. The Death Dragon fight was brutal....fuck you and your -11AC and 120hp (but you get the Dragonlance after it)

always prefered the Dragonlance games than the Forgotten Realm ones