5 Best Games of All Time

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
1. Starcraft/Brood Wars
2. Everquest
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Perfect Dark
5. Final Fantasy 4

Sad that only one of those games was released in 2000 or later. Also it's a tough decision to base games off of those that you played solo to those you played multiplayer as friends typically swayed a couple of my choices.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
1. Tribes 1
2. Everquest
3. Dota
4. Baldurs Gate 2
5. Freespace 2 / Fallout 2

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The distinct lack of Diddy Kong Racing mentions makes me think that nobody here actually played Diddy Kong Racing.

It was basically the ballinest shit eva
It was good but the "collect 8 coins plus win the race" just got cruel later on and the 4 player multiplayer in mario kart 64 beat it out on my list.

As for the mention of System Shock 2 a few posts ago, gog.com had a surprise announcement yesterday that it will be on their store from tomorrow.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Rare used to be so good before they got bought out by Microsoft. Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye, Battletoads...
You forgot Conkers. Big mistake. Huge.

Diddy Kong racing was simply not as accessible to your quasi or non-gamer friends. It was without question a much better solo playing experience but if you owned it and your friends didn't, forget playing it with them.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just reading all of the games listed so far has made it impossible for me to list a top 5. I feel like I have been gaming far to long for top 5 to have any real meaning. Now if it were top 50 or top 100......

I would have problems just creating a top 5 strategy game list: Starcraft series, Warcraft series, command and conquer series, total annihilation, m&m, ff tactics, Age of empires series, civilization series, dungeon keeper, startopia (ranked high for me), homeworld or whatever the name of that space one was

And their has to be a dozen others I am forgetting.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Just reading all of the games listed so far has made it impossible for me to list a top 5. I feel like I have been gaming far to long for top 5 to have any real meaning. Now if it were top 50 or top 100......

I would have problems just creating a top 5 strategy game list: Starcraft series, Warcraft series, command and conquer series, total annihilation, m&m, ff tactics, Age of empires series, civilization series, dungeon keeper, startopia (ranked high for me), homeworld or whatever the name of that space one was

And their has to be a dozen others I am forgetting.
Yeah it is indeed difficult and almost impossible to conjure a top 5 list if you actively play multiple genres of video games. Was ashamed that I didn't even think to add Mario Kart 64, and a dozen or so more but they never popped in the head.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
1.) EQ
2.) Baldur's Gate 2
3.) Planescape: Torment
4.) Starcraft: Broodwar
5.) MOBA-type games... I was partial to the original, but I enjoyed HoN, DOTA2 and League.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I'd like to say I bought Planescape: Torment around when it came out, but something about my computer wouldn't run it right, I think it crashed whenever it played videos, so I never played more than the first like 10 minutes. This has been the 5 millions thread on these boards alone to make me regret not playing it. I may have to see if I can play through today, not sure how well the oldness holds up.

Favorite game of all time: Thief 2
Really?

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears
Breath of Fire 3
Panzer Dragoon Saga
FF6

Honorable mention, FF7, Elder Scrolls, BGs.

No particular order

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Zhaun_sl said:
I may have to see if I can play through today, not sure how well the oldness holds up.
If you can get past the pixelated graphics, it should be fun. I played through BG2, Fallout1 and Xcom a few years back and enjoyed the hell out of them.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Supersmash Bros
2. Team Fortress Classic (Well the one on the HL engine)
3. CS 1.5
4. Final Fantasy 8 (And +internets for the other guy who said this. We 8s gotta stick together)
5. Starfox 64

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
1. Baldur's Gate Saga
2. Half-Life
3. EQ
4. Pools of Radiance
5. Starcraft/Diablo II

Just reading this thread reminds me why I come here to get game reviews/feedback - even those who list different games are still listing great games.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
1) Civilization
2) Command and Conquer and Red Alert
3) Half life + mods(counter strike, day of defeat etc)
4) GTA Vice City
5) Everquest

Runners up

Mass Effect Series
Dragon Age
World of Warcraft Vanilla - Wrath of the Lich King
Star Wars Galaxies Pre CU
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Wolfenstien 3D
Doom