65 (2023)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

opens next week and predictions have it bombing hard. reported budget of $90m. box office pro thinks it will make less than $38m

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
opens next week and predictions have it bombing hard. reported budget of $90m. box office pro thinks it will make less than $38m
I wish nothing but box office bombs on Hollywood for the next decade so they get their shit back on track.

John Wick can keep making all the money though.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish nothing but box office bombs on Hollywood for the next decade so they get their shit back on track.

John Wick can keep making all the money though.
Don't forget Tom Cruise. He can also keep making lots of money.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
it is interesting how ineffable it is to say what movie will get me to theaters and what won't.

if you said "theres a cool dinosaur movie with t-rexes that kill humans!" i'd be interested. but thats not enough to get my ass into a theater. I don't really care if it has Adam Driver. Not sure what else they coulda done but clearly I'm not alone in just saying "meh, I'll watch it when its on netflix"

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

watching youtube, one of them summed this up as, man and little girl talk with a few dinosaurs

1678549728407.png

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw a preview for this and thought holy shit, that ugly dude in star wars got another role. The plot makes me think it was made by M. Night S.

Goonsquad Officer
Kudos to them for allowing guns to harm monsters. Dude Yeets dinos left and right. Normally guns vanish near dinos in movies

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Out on the usual sites now.

Thought it was a decent watch. I liked the plot and concept. Could have used more dinosaurs and some of the cgi was bad. Would say you gotta watch it, but for 90 mins it was enjoyable.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
pretty bad but short, i guess you can watch while playing a video game - maybe Turok? 90% of the CGI budget was saved for the last 5 mins so you can just sorta zone out most of the movie, nothing happens

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this had zero content that you couldn't figure out or see somewhere else. Literally the only special thing about it was the 65 million years ago thing. Him finding meaning in saving the girl was obvious, as was the ending.

As ... said, at least guns worked on dinosaurs, so it had that going for it. Overall I didn't hate it, but I will never watch it again, and I will likely forget about it until someone specifically brings it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bodhy

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw this a few weeks ago, it's an interesting enough concept but even still it was a fucking rollicking onslaught of boredom and cliches and tropes. There wasn't even enough of a variety of interesting dinosaurs or exploration of the prehistoric world.

Should have mixed it up a little too. What about some prehistoric cave bears? Or some huge crocodilians? Or sea monsters? Awfully convenient too how this all happens right around the time of the asteroid which killed the dinosaurs. I guess the plot required something like that, but still.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
They will never sell Adam Driver to me as an action lead. It's just not going to happen.

P.S. Same goes for Jim from The Office

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Crash land on a planet that's just hours away from getting hit by an extinction level event. Talk about bad luck.