8-Bit Christmas (2021)

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Gamestop, Computer Warehouse Depot, there were a few who allowed opened returns. Glorious times as I was able to play so many games on the free rental program.

Cybsled

Electronics Boutique used to be the same for a while. I used to call the bullshit on people that tried to return MMOs, though. I had a phone list handy that would let me terminate the account associated with the codes in the box. Surprise surprise, virtually every return turned into a “nevermind” when I mentioned what I was gonna do.

They probably just went to another store with someone who didn’t play MMOs to do it there lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was only kid in my area with Sega CD as well, and let me tell you the nostalgia from playing Night Trap at 12 years old is legendary. That, Sewer Shark, Corpse Killer and Snatcher shaped my childhood.

My playstation 1 was stolen, I remember being devastated. I had to wait 2 long years until I got my first pc until I could game again. I came back with a vengeance with Rainbow Six ( one of first real fps online shooters. It didnt even have gun models ffs, you only had a picture of your gun and a reticle lol) and Asherons Call in 1999.

Also, this movie was bad. Only redeeming quality is the blatant and random assault commited throughout.
yeah, there werent many games. i had all those, including the boxing game which was fucking terrible.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Prize Fighter was hard as fuck. Did you ever play the Kung Fu master game where you had to punch and kick and block? It was a cheesy FMV game I forgot the name of it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Prize Fighter was hard as fuck. Did you ever play the Kung Fu master game where you had to punch and kick and block? It was a cheesy FMV game I forgot the name of it.
it was hard as fuck because the controls were terrible., no never played the kung fu one. i had Kung Fu on NES which was a lot of fun
iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone remember this old gem :)

View attachment 385263
i remember it so well, i don't even need sound, every sfx is play in my mind
chup
chup
chup
chup

climb

tippy taps

dead silence free fall

tippy taps

shaswish- jump kick
shaswish- jump kick

man did that bull light up or something after you collected all the lanterns?

• 1Solidarity

kroenen

Regimen Morum
karate kid gave me kung fu game ptsd to this day, haven't had to prerss start to launch a crane kick since.
Karate Kid game for NES?, wasn't that released '87 or something? Had already moved on to Amiga 500 by that time so I only came In contact with that console at work where we were selling them.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I kind of forgot about the 3DO. My cousin had one and at the time the games it had were impressive but the game selection was fucking horrible. We played need for speed and some really shitty fighting game. I also remember it was $700. We were poor and it was just mind blowing to us they bought that. It still blows my mind, that was expensive as fuck back then, especially for how shitty of a game lineup it had.
I enjoyed the 3DO system I owned. It had a lot of good games. The Horde was one of my favorites. Samurai Showdown was a great fight game for its time. Star Control 2 was awesome as was Cannon Fodder. That does not even include the classics Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Wolfeinstein 3D and Wing Commander 3. Hell the race game Crash and Burn that came with the system was pretty awesome for its time. It might have been overly expensive but there were a lot of fun games to play with it.

I have owned many systems in my time. I started with the 2600. From there it went through a nice process of the Intellivision ( Astro Smash and Tron's deadly Disc), then the NES system followed by the sega genesis, Turbografx 16, and then the 3DO. I did actually own the Atari Jaguar. It was not all that great. Play Station became the next Juggernaut.

One of the better systems that got surprisingly very little traction was the Turbografx 16. It was actually the best system for its time. It just lacked big name games. The games it did have were plenty fun. I loved the Pinball on it along with all of the great shooters it had like R-Type.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Turbo has no real titles of note and it released at an odd time. Pre-snes but post genesis. Once snes launched its fate was sealed

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
did any of you nerds play Shining In "The Darkness" on Genesis? i was pretty amazed by that game. at the time it was miles ahead of a game like Dragon Warrior.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Finally got around to watching this. I thought it was legitimately funny. Very much a modern take on A Christmas Story.

If you're a father with a son I highly recommend.

not gonna lie...the ending hit my right in the feels. I didn't expect it take a turn from wacky capers to tugging on your heart strings.

• 1Like