90s songs that were OK the first time, but gave you cancer after they were played nonstop for months

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I double-checked the thread, and I can't believe that no one has posted one of the worst earworms of the 90s:

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I double-checked the thread, and I can't believe that no one has posted one of the worst earworms of the 90s:

yea, but the first criteria is that it had to be good to listen to at first.

boom boom down, was never good

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I got so tired of hearing this shit

I swear to God, the station I listened to would play this hourly, sometimes

nonstop for YEARS

My very first computer used onboard audio back when that was garbage (it's much more viable now). Early EQ sounded like ass. Almost like midi music. Right before Kunark, my dad bought us a P2 200MMX for the family (read: my) computer. And I invested in a Sound Blaster audio card. Suddenly the EQ music sounded like real instruments. I was amazed.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Early EQ sounded like ass. Almost like midi music. Right before Kunark, my dad bought us a P2 200MMX for the family (read: my) computer. And I invested in a Sound Blaster audio card. Suddenly the EQ music sounded like real instruments. I was amazed.

That's because it was MIDI and why upgrading the sound card improved it.

Back in the day there were times when I regretted changing sound cards due to how it affected the MIDI music in some games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
n'sync is my jam when we karoke

and Chukzombi Chukzombi 's king of jersey, bon jovi
him , Springsteen and Sinatra are probably the worst representatives of this state, or the best depending on your pov i guess. i rather have crackhead Whitney than Bonjovi or "The Boss". fuck those guys.

this was actually a hit song in the 90s

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember when this song first came out. I was very early into my "I like techno" stage, and this always gave me a techno vibe. I didn't even realize it was Cher until years later. I always imagined that it was a black chick singing. This song is also what officially started off the AutoTune craziness that has since taken over the music industry.

Anyway, I remember driving around in my '97 Chevy Cavalier blasting bullshit music and this came on and I thought it was cool. I really dislike it now, though.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
him , Springsteen and Sinatra are probably the worst representatives of this state, or the best depending on your pov i guess. i rather have crackhead Whitney than Bonjovi or "The Boss". fuck those guys.

this was actually a hit song in the 90s
ah, another faggot ass song, no one wants to hear again

• 1Like

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider

I admit that I set myself up for that. Snow - cursed with the terrible sin of being a white Canadian doing rap - was never good.

You know what was good, though? Suzanne Vega. In keeping with the spirit of this thread, the ubiquitous DNA remix of her 90s song, Tom's Diner, got pretty annoying after a while. However, I submit that her original version still kicks total ass:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I remember when this song first came out. I was very early into my "I like techno" stage, and this always gave me a techno vibe.

😂😂😂 well you must have never heard any actual techno to think that song was techno r😂fl

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
😂😂😂 well you must have never heard any actual techno to think that song was techno r😂fl
I was a dumb motherfucker, yeah. I was listening to Paul Okenfold a lot at the time, but this was a "real" song instead of something I downloaded an mp3 of on Napster. Paul Oakenfold.exe
wtf, another virus? MOM, THE COMPUTER'S BUSTED!!!

yeah, anyway. I was thinking it was "like techno" for normal pop radio. Just because of the autotune voice.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I was a dumb motherfucker, yeah. I was listening to Paul Okenfold a lot at the time, but this was a "real" song instead of something I downloaded an mp3 of on Napster. Paul Oakenfold.exe
wtf, another virus? MOM, THE COMPUTER'S BUSTED!!!

yeah, anyway. I was thinking it was "like techno" for normal pop radio. Just because of the autotune voice.

Man, Paul Oakenfold. That's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

Remember Beck?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Remember Beck?

I always remember Beck when I go back and listen to the White Stripes awesome cover of Death Letter that they did at the Grammy's in 2004. Beck introduces them and it's like "Oh yeah, that guy was a real weirdo".

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I dunno if it was posted but here we go

I love Nine Inch Nails and I have seen them live several times. Industrial is my favorite kinda music. My friend Vonpol Vonpol and I were pretty young when we got into Nine Inch Nails and we did so I believe 2 years before Closer (Downward) came out. My favorite song is probably Only Time off of PHM. Anyways I'll never forget seeing these cheerleaders running down the hallway holding hands saying " I WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE A ANIMAL"

Oh man the mainstream feels still hurt. Took awhile for me to overcome the shitters singing that in middle school.

Great song but it was Waaaaaaaaay overplayed in 1994-1995. The radio edit even made it worse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dunno if it was posted but here we go

I love Nine Inch Nails and I have seen them live several times. Industrial is my favorite kinda music. My friend Vonpol Vonpol and I were pretty young when we got into Nine Inch Nails and we did so I believe 2 years before Closer (Downward) came out. My favorite song is probably Only Time off of PHM. Anyways I'll never forget seeing these cheerleaders running down the hallway holding hands saying " I WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE A ANIMAL"

Oh man the mainstream feels still hurt. Took awhile for me to overcome the shitters singing that in middle school.

Great song but it was Waaaaaaaaay overplayed in 1994-1995. The radio edit even made it worse.
i loved Closer, but my god. The radio absolutely bukakkied your ears with it. They tried that with Head Like a Hole. Luckily it was such a badass song that it weathered the storm. Even luckier, Trent Reznor released so many remixes of his albums that us cool kids had different versions of all these songs that the radio never played. Further Down The Spiral comes to mind.

• 1Like