A Million ways to die in the West

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The shots were all done pretty much with outdoor lighting. I think he was trying to have the movie look like a traditional western. So, no fucked up hillbilly teeth in it but no shining reflections of artificially whitened ones either.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Come to think of it, movie probably would have been better if seth had switched roles with the skinny dude.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Naw, skinny dude has the creepy vibe down to a science. Seth just needs to work on his acting when there is not dialog being delivered. The banter he had with most of the cast was pretty good. When it was just him reacting to shit without comment, he looked stiff. The scene where he is hiding in the sheep was probably the one he did the best at in that context.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
OK, then maybe neil patrick harris as the main character and seth as the proprietor of the moustachery.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The way my wife described it sums up the movie well I think.
"It's like he had a half decent stand up routine about the old west and they tried to film a movie around it"

Highlights for me :
1) The amount of sheep piss humor
2) My local theater has switched over to Eisenberg hot dogs.

iannis

Musty Nester
I take it all back. Seth is about 3 movies away from becoming Adam Sandler.

It's no ones fault but my own. In this world hope is a foolish liability.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Felt like an episode of Family Guy. The type of humor would definitely be funnier in animated form. That's why Ted worked better.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just watched a pretty good webrip of this (Chinese subtitles are easy for me to ignore), and while I love Charlize Theron and this movie wasn't terrible, it was completely not what I was expecting from the trailers. I sort of thought it would be a bunch of random funny shit about people dying, with a little story mixed in. What I got was a lot of story with a fairly small amount of (often repeated) humor. I'm not saying what I expected would have been better, but they didn't market it for what it was at all.

I found it mediocre at best. Some decent parts, some funny parts, but overall nothing to really make me tell anyone else they should go see it either.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Seth MacFarlane always looks like he has a bad facelift, a la Burt Reynolds? I realize he's pretty much always looked that way, so it is probably natural, but every time I see him I think he looks like a plastic action figure version of a person.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Movie was complete dog shit. Went with a chick last Saturday because she was cute and really wanted to see it. Got a handy in the empty theater and it still wasn't worth the ticket price.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
seth mcfarlane is not an actor, he's too ugly to be an actor, unless he gets to act like a creep, he has a good creepy face. it's not just that he's too ugly to be an actor, he also can't act, especially when he's around vets like neil patrick harris and charlize and sarah silverman and the doc from saving private ryan, he should not be in this movie.

not that the movie is any good, it's really bottom grade humor. if anything this movie is a good litmus test, if you know anyone that liked this movie one bit, do not associate with them, they'll make you dumberer.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I agree on the litmus test thing. Except I never saw this movie (nor do I intend on seeing it). However, my dad laughs at incredibly stupid "tv comedy" all the time. He seems intelligent enough in real life, yet him laughing at that type of shit made it really dawn on me that he is a full blown idiot. Thanks TV. I mean, who the fuck "liked" Paul Blart Mall Cop? I mean, if you're a 7 year old, that's one thing, but a 50-60 year old adult? Fucking idiot.

EDIT: I know that's a movie, but that's the caliber of TV show that he watches also. I don't give a shit if the Deviate Maids are some sharp cookies or whatever. It's mindless.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I agree on the litmus test thing. Except I never saw this movie (nor do I intend on seeing it). However, my dad laughs at incredibly stupid "tv comedy" all the time. He seems intelligent enough in real life, yet him laughing at that type of shit made it really dawn on me that he is a full blown idiot. Thanks TV. I mean, who the fuck "liked" Paul Blart Mall Cop? I mean, if you're a 7 year old, that's one thing, but a 50-60 year old adult? Fucking idiot.

EDIT: I know that's a movie, but that's the caliber of TV show that he watches also. I don't give a shit if the Deviate Maids are some sharp cookies or whatever. It's mindless.
I have the same problem. My dad is one of the smartest guys I know and yet he watches Big Bang Theory and all that CSI shit.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty average movie and waste of cast, but I did laugh hard at the Indian scene when Mila Kunis is translated as Fine!

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Movie was the opposite of good. I did laugh at Ryan Reynolds and django, , nph was OK also. As far as Seth's acting, I didn't see much of a problem