A Million ways to die in the West

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I watched this today - it's exactly what you'd expect from the trailers and Seth MacFarlane in general. Everyone I went with found it very enjoyable.

Small Spoiler:

A LOT of good cameo's that you wouldn't expect. It's written like a Family Guy episode. Hey, you want to be in the movie but we don't have a role? No problem... We'll throw you in somewhere!
so a pile of shit?

Xevy

Log Wizard
7/10. Had some great cerebral jokes and then a bunch of shit/fart jokes. Everyone wins. Romance part kinda ehhhh, but I hate romance in all fucking non rom-com/romance movies.

The 'dad' character was great.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
It's currently sitting at 33% on Rotten Tomatoes. For comparison, Ted is at 68%. Most of the reviews I've seen since Friday are negative. I'm still going to watch it. It probably has enough dick jokes to warrant that.
For me it's at the point where I can't go online and figure out a damn thing. Like by this thread...you'd think it's a great movie.

Sometimes just have to risk the 20-$40 bucks and go see it.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's currently sitting at 33% on Rotten Tomatoes. For comparison, Ted is at 68%. Most of the reviews I've seen since Friday are negative. I'm still going to watch it. It probably has enough dick jokes to warrant that.
Ted is bad,really bad. First i thought it was a comedy but then it turned out to be a drama. But i think that is a problem of recent "comedies", they all want to be dramatic and have a moral story at the end.

spronk

FPS noob
thats the popular opinion, you are supposed to say he is a genius did you post on the wrong account

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife and I weren't really impressed by it. Seth himself was probably the weakest part of the movie, as well. There was some solid humor but way too much of the standard stupid stuff that's in every single modern comedy movie nowadays. You also see like every random death in the movie in the trailer which I thought was stupid, seemed like the whole premise of the movie was underutilized. Those sheep never even killed anyone!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People slammed the shit out of Ted when it debuted, as well, though it did not have Jolie's cancerous mamaries to compete with. Despite all the hipster hate he gets, McFarland has been consistently entertaining in what he has done over his career, so I will give this a shot, regardless. Besides, the people slamming this movie (both here and elsewhere) are ones with opinions I have consistently found to be wrong in the past, anyhow.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I thought Ted was pretty funny, but far too reliant on his pop-culture reference shtick. If he can bust out of that habit and be consistently funny without relying on that crutch, I'll be sold on him being truly talented.

Saw this on Saturday with the GF. I was hoping for it to be funny but not expecting a ton due to the trend of showing all the funny parts of movies in the trailer, but we both thought it was hilarious. Far better than I expected, though I realize the McFarlane/Sarah Silverman brands of humor aren't really for everyone.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Was funny. Would watch again. Parkinson's joke was the best joke.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Beginning was slow, but it ended strong. So reverse of ted,. Wife liked it more than Ted, I liked it about the same maybe slightly less. Mustache song owned.

Sterling

El Presidente
I thought Ted was pretty funny, but far too reliant on his pop-culture reference shtick. If he can bust out of that habit and be consistently funny without relying on that crutch, I'll be sold on him being truly talented.
This sums it up pretty well.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was pretty good, but not as good as ted.

Seth would probably make better movies if he weren't the star. He should limit himself to smaller parts like Mel Brooks tended to do.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's what my wife said, too. Seth just always comes off as Seth, especially when he's writing for himself. The mustache song was awesome. To be fair, the jokes I thought were good were spaced pretty evenly throughout the movie and across multiple characters so I wouldn't say the movie was unbalanced, just a lot of the exact same humor he always does. The different humor was by far the best.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The scenes where he got to play off of NPH and Theron he nailed. The ones with his pal and Sarah Silverman, not so much.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did they fuck up Seth's teeth for the movie? Whenever I see that dude his mouth looks like it has a spotlight shining out of it due to his huge, unnaturally white teeth and I would think that would be even more distracting in an old western.