A Song of Ice and Fire - Book Spoilers Within

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I thought I saw GRRM outside a Walmart this afternoon. Turns out it was another fat guy with a white beard, dumb hat, and a vest.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I mean sort of. Like, we know the wall comes down but I doubt it's anywhere near as retarded as what happened in the show.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
And then there's this little nugget thrown in from his latest blog post:

On the other extreme, I don't consider A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE a series either; it's one single story, being published in (we hope) seven volumes. FWIW, Tolkien wasn't writing a series when he wrote LORD OF THE RINGS either. He wrote a big novel and his publisher divided it into three parts, none of which stands on its own.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yea, but his publisher hasn't cut ASOIAF into 7 books. Because that would mean the last 2 would be written.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
He can consider it whatever the fuck he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that he still hasn't written two of his "volumes" yet.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Do 7 first, then see if you need more published by your son after death. That's how you'll graduate from GRR to JRR!

(does he even have descendants?)

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Do 7 first, then see if you need more published by your son after death. That's how you'll graduate from GRR to JRR!

(does he even have descendants?)

Lol nope. After 17 years I'm done waiting for this shit. How hard can it be?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol nope. After 17 years I'm done waiting for this shit. How hard can it be?

Man i was like 13 years old when i first read ASOFAI and WoT. At that time WoT was far more popular and it was right abou the time Jordan writing slowed.

At least i got to read the ending of WoT, at this point i half hope GRRM does die so someone can finally finish the damn book. I mean it will be 20 years since i first started reading the series next year...

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
If I mind right he said years ago nobody would finish the books for him if he died before completing the series.

When I first got given for first three books back in 2001 or 2002 I assumed it was a trilogy. I was really confused getting towards the end of storm of swords and there was absolutely no resolution to anything. As someone said he's managed two books in 17 years - I'm not holding my breath anymore!

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I mind right he said years ago nobody would finish the books for him if he died before completing the series.

When I first got given for first three books back in 2001 or 2002 I assumed it was a trilogy. I was really confused getting towards the end of storm of swords and there was absolutely no resolution to anything. As someone said he's managed two books in 17 years - I'm not holding my breath anymore!

Yeah i've heard him say that a couple times also. I just think money will win out in the end and Brandon Sanderson or someone will get hired to finish the last two or three books.

The sad truth is i think it's very possible GRRM is no longer mentally capable of writing the final books to the quality he expects. He sort of indicated this when he said something about Niel gaiman helping him ad that was like.. Over a year ago? Have we heard anything sine then? i've pretty much given up waiting at this point.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Fuck this series. Seriously. Its dead. The TV show is canon now, and to be honest, it kind of pisses me off. He totally took a 'fuck it' attitude once the show became a hit. Love the show...resent the books/author.

• 2Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Keep hope alive!

463CFDCD-714E-4EE3-97A7-DB00EE88A052.jpeg

• 2Worf