A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've pretty much given up on giving a fuck about this series. Given the length to release ADWD, combined with the overall quality of the release, I'm not really convinced that he has any fucking idea where he's going with this series. I'm basically expecting him to die and for them to find a cluster fuck of notes that basically all end in 'and then ?????'.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I've pretty much given up on giving a fuck about this series. Given the length to release ADWD, combined with the overall quality of the release, I'm not really convinced that he has any fucking idea where he's going with this series. I'm basically expecting him to die and for them to find a cluster fuck of notes that basically all end in 'and then ?????'.
Pretty much, the last book consisted of a great deal of padding (I'm looking at you especially Jon and Danny) to stall up until the last chapter of each PoV. It got to be a bit ridiculous reading through realizing that yes, nearly every character is going to end the book on a quasi cliffhanger or transition and no, nothing much of interest is going to happen (with some exceptions) until the last chapter of each PoV... see you in a few years! That said there were some things to enjoy, namely the chapters that were obviously written several years before the more recent ones.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dance with Dragons was really pretty good. If you didn't like it I have to wonder what attracted you to the series initially. Perhaps Dragonlance or some more Drizzt would tickle your fancy.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
rrr_img_55638.jpg

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sort of an over the top response to a barely controversial position. I'm not sure if I've met anyone who considers ADWD to be a strong point in the series. Good slam regarding Drizzt, though. I'll remember it for next time I see someone neckbeard enough at Barnes and Noble to get the reference.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It wasn't as bad as people credit it for. If it wasn't for the huge lag between books I don't think people would have the negative opinion that they do, for the most part. I mean, it was a good book and advanced the story well. It jut wasn't really worth the 5 year wait plus a 5 year wait after, I think. People wanted more and expected more and when they got what they got it was disappointing and that turned toward vitriol. Unjust vitriol.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know how someone could read A Storm of Swords then Dragons and see them anywhere close to the same level.

Sterling

El Presidente
There's a good chance the next book or any other book he ever writes isn't going to be as good as A Storm of Swords.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did I say they were just as good? No. Storm of Swords is the third book in the series so its not like you started with it. Not sure what kind of silly point you were after there.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Dance was solid but colored by nerd jimmies being rustled. However it was approaching Tolkien levels of walking forever to get to places.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I assume there is still no official timeline for the next book? I just can't imagine it taking another 5 years for the next book, but I suppose I should prepare for that

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was hoping that the HBO series would expedite the writing process, but it hasn't seemed to be the case at all.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Fuckin nerd doesn't even bang skanks, he made a god damn movie theater for people to come hang out with him and watch free shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was hoping that the HBO series would expedite the writing process, but it hasn't seemed to be the case at all.
He had a choice between expediting the writing process and giving up and just finishing the HBO series first. He chose the latter.