A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Sterling

El Presidente
I tried reading the graphic novel. I thought it was going fine until they had Tyrion leap and flip off a roof during his first meeting with Jon Snow like a damn ninja. I know they need to spice things up for a visual retelling, but I had a hard time picking the books back up after that.
He actually did that in the actual novel as well.

He actually did that in the actual novel as well.
Well shit. I guess it's time to re-read. It was ages ago when I read Game of Thrones, and it just seemed so out of character for Tyrion to flip like a ninja when I remember him complaining about being in pain so often. Back to the beginning, I suppose.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wasn't there some shit about him tumbling as a fool (and he enjoyed it but his father HATED it)?

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Yea its stated a few times on AGoT about Tyrions tumbling skill. He even does it on the boat in ADWD, when the stonemen attack IIRC

Ah yes, I recall those bits now. I suppose my memory of the books may be skewed a bit by the show, and a re-read should be in order.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah in the book Tyrion is a bit of an athletic super hero. Not only is an excellent tumbler but every combat scene shows him destroying people. I'm kind of glad they didn't try to make Peter Dinklage obliterate fools like it was an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Coldhands could also be the precedent needed to keep Jon sentient and a main focus in the story. Coldhands-ify him and send him into the north. He will be The Last Hero of this generation.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is Coldhands Benjen Stark?
am i the only person who when they think about slavers bay and all the strange characters there imagines them as the baddies from raiders of the lost ark and temple of doom?

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I think Coldhands is Benjen. Id like to know exactly what made him the way he was though, why he's a "good wight" and not just a zombie. Blood of the Starks maybe?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think Coldhands is Benjen. Id like to know exactly what made him the way he was though, why he's a "good wight" and not just a zombie. Blood of the Starks maybe?
Thought coldhands was older than benjen was missing...

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bloodraven did some magic that transferred Benjen's consciousness to somewhere else before he died, then moved it back? Or maybe Bloodraven warged into Coldhands/Benjen after he was ressurrected as a wight?

I assumed it was Benjen until the Children of the Forest spoke with Bran about Coldhands as well. It's likely a character that has been mentioned previously, but I was in too much of a rush through a first read-through to piece it all together.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I posted this in a different thread, but I think an anime of ASOIAF would probably be off the hook. Unlike the live action show, it would be much easier to do scenes like the many flashbacks/backstory history, exposition, and stuff like the House of the Undying. Ive been reading this series for years and I still cant get enough of it.

I must needs read the next edition with mine own eyes, the Others take you right to the seven hells Martin.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I posted this in a different thread, but I think an anime of ASOIAF would probably be off the hook. Unlike the live action show, it would be much easier to do scenes like the many flashbacks/backstory history, exposition, and stuff like the House of the Undying. Ive been reading this series for years and I still cant get enough of it.

I must needs read the next edition with mine own eyes, the Others take you right to the seven hells Martin.
This is going to be fucking old ass thread on Rerolled v. 4 by the time the next book comes out.

Painful to think about.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord

Do it like Batman Gotham Knight or the Animatrix and you've got yourself a deal.