A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Wouldn't that make Old Nan like 120 years old?
Not quite but easily over 100. Her age isn't that hard to reconcile given her ancient description in the book (among other things it's said she may be the oldest person in Westeros) is given much more weight than Aemon's (102). Also we don't know how soon after TMK that Shewolves will take place (the Hedge Knight was about 100 years ago, subsequent books are obviously later). Also even if it doesn't happen during Shewolves Dunk likely visits WF more than once (on the way to the wall with BR). I had thought this theory before ADWD and then with ADWD we got Bran's vision of the tall knight embracing the pretty young girl, so I'm fairly eager to see if it's true.

Byddon

Molten Core Raider
According to Bran, Old Nan is Hordor's great great grandmother. If she was pretty young when dunk is in the north, the time line should fit. My only issue with the theory is that most the characters that are really big have some theory making dunk their ancestor. The cleagnes, Brienne and Hodor. If they are all true, dunk really was a traveling swordsman!

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
http://grrm.livejournal.com/

No Dunk and Egg. Bullshit. Don't know what this means.

Oh well, more Dance history, and Sanderson and Abercrombie.
I'm pretty convinced at this point that he just does not enjoy writing about ASoIaF any longer. If he did he could have been churning out D&E short stories left and right as they are fairly simple tales regarding the history of a world and characters that he has already created. Likewise with Dance, that book felt more like something he was compelled to do rather than anything that he took any pride in creating.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not Dunk and Egg which is awesome short stories.

It does include THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN, by George R.R. Martin which is about the Dance of Dragons. I find that interesting personally though would rather have Dunk and Egg.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Currently re-reading the series again and was wondering if anyone else think's Taena was playing Cersei like a fiddle?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
To what end?
Spying for Dorn. When Taena was there, Martell said he had an ear at the court...After she left, he said he no longer did. My guess, anyway. There weren't many clues. She's from Myr though, and she was egging Cersei into trouble all the time. She also avoided sending for her son, I'm thinking because he was at the pools in Dorn.

Currently re-reading the series again and was wondering if anyone else think's Taena was playing Cersei like a fiddle?
If someone is talking to Cersei, then you can just assume she is being played like a fiddle. The character has the absolute biggest combination of confidence and stupidity in all of literature.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Makes the most sense she's Doran's, but it is suspicious the Faith let her go without interrogating her and Varys is the only one we have reason to think has pull with the faith. Also on the Varys side of things Cersei thinks Robert would have found Taena attractive which leads to the theory that she may be the mother of one of Robert's bastards and we know Varys saw that Robert's bastards were provided for.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I need to reread, maybe after a few months of the book club stuff. I feel like there are soooo many details that I have forgotten.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
In the hopes of getting some discussion going I'll throw out a pet prediction of mine.

Sandor will kill Lyn Corbray.

Sandor's name means protector of man, but particularly he's been a protector of children, Joff, Sansa and Arya. Corbray is clearly a threat to children, he's conveniently located in Sansa's area who Sandor will no doubt reconnect with and he carries what I believe is destined to be Sandor's sword. Lady Forlorn, Sandor did all ready take the place of Sansa's Direwolf Lady and will be doing so again. It has a heart shaped ruby in its pommel which I think fits in with Sandor's re-emergences as a true knight and romantic interest for Sansa. There's a fair bit of foreshadowing portraying Sandor as the stranger, when he re-emerges from the Quiet Isle I think he will represent the warrior, and according to the song the warrior "protects the little children".

How it may come about I have a theory for, albeit not one I'm particularly confident in. LF obviously intends to kill Robert, perhaps he'll pass the job off to Corbray. Sansa however, despite not particularly liking Robert I think may not be down for child murdering even if it is to her benefit, enter Sandor to save the day.

I also think the valyrian weapons in the hands of minor characters (Harlaw, Tarly, the dothraki with the arakh) are going to wind up in the hands of some of the more major characters and be useful against the Others.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was thinking she was spying for Margery, but you apparently have a better eye for detail than me. Cersei is so easy to manipulate it's not even funny I just never thought of Taena playing for the other side until this read through.

That is quite an interesting theory Chrisd and I always had a hunch that Sandor and Sansa would end up togther.

mimirswell_sl

shitlord
Corbray is clearly a threat to children, he's conveniently located in Sansa's area who Sandor will no doubt reconnect with and he carries what I believe is destined to be Sandor's sword.
Corbray is clearly a threat toboys. The last Sansa chapter, Littlefinger states that Corbray can be controlled as long as he has opportunities for "gold, boys, and killing." I cannot think of an instance where its indicated Corbray is a threat to Robert as Littlefinger has already made it clear that Robert won't die by violence but because he is "sickly" (also from the last Sansa chapter).

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Corbray is clearly a threat toboys. The last Sansa chapter, Littlefinger states that Corbray can be controlled as long as he has opportunities for "gold, boys, and killing."
I'm not really sure what you're saying here, boys are children.

I cannot think of an instance where its indicated Corbray is a threat to Robert as Littlefinger has already made it clear that Robert won't die by violence but because he is "sickly" (also from the last Sansa chapter).
I'm confident LF could have Robert die in a manner that just looks natural and get away with it, but the death would raise some suspicions especially given Harry and Sansa are to marry and everyone in the Vale all ready doesn't trust LF. I'm proposing he may find a cleaner way, if he were to hand Robert over to his sworn enemy in the Vale as a sign of good faith, and then if Robert were to die (of natural looking causes) LF comes out of it with clean hands. I propose Corbray would go along with it because Corbray is in LF's pockets and would be paid for his services accordingly, just business as usual.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
It's pretty clear that Littlefinger is working on Robert Arryn dying "of natural causes" and having the poor child doped up such that it looks like his shakes are an illness that they're really not. There are hints about this, particularly the Maester's objections to the excessive doses of milk of the poppy. I'd have to go dig for the precise quotes, but it's suggested that Robert is dying of toxicity. He'll likely die after Littlefinger's wrapped up his plans for Sansa and the Vale. After all, he's betrothed her to Harry the Heir; guess who gets the Vale if the "sickly" child dies, as seemed to be commonly thought is likely?

Sterling

El Presidente
It's pretty clear that Littlefinger is working on Robert Arryn dying "of natural causes" and having the poor child doped up such that it looks like his shakes are an illness that they're really not. There are hints about this, particularly the Maester's objections to the excessive doses of milk of the poppy. I'd have to go dig for the precise quotes, but it's suggested that Robert is dying of toxicity. He'll likely die after Littlefinger's wrapped up his plans for Sansa and the Vale. After all, he's betrothed her to Harry the Heir; guess who gets the Vale if the "sickly" child dies, as seemed to be commonly thought is likely?
Sweetsleep not Milk of the Poppy but yeah.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not really sure what you're saying here, boys are children.
I think he's saying, and I got the impression, that he's fucking the boys and not killing them. I doubt Sandor would get involved in some random pedophile bullshit.