A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
George R.R. Martin knows how to stop from catching up to his books | The Verge

Much has already been said about George R.R. Martin not having a whole lot of time to finish his A Song of Ice and Fire series before the HBO adaptation eventually catches up. (Or, if you're a more morbid member of the fandom, you're hoping hard he doesn't actually die before spring finally comes.) Now, even though he's still not your bitch, the author himself is expressing concern, telling Vanity Fair this week that the pace with which the show is moving up on him is "alarming." Not very encouraging. But, even though he's spent much of his career "trying to avoid deadlines," he has a detailed plan for how the next few season can be stretched to give him some more time. Read on at Vanity Fair, but only if you don't fear spoilers.
George R.R. Martin Has a Detailed Plan For Keeping the Game of Thrones TV Show From Catching Up To Him | Vanity Fair

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good article, thanks for sharing. I'd be pissed if they split a season into two but if they do that and plug in Dunk and Egg or something else on that year off, then I'd be decidedly less annoyed.

I guess you could take a kind of hiatus, the way Mad Men is going to do, by splitting a TV season in two.

As did Breaking Bad. There are various things. Spartacus went back and told a prequel season. That?s also an option. We have prequel. We have the Dunk and Egg novellas, which take place a hundred years before. And I?ve just published The Princess and the Queen, which takes place two hundred years before. So there?s lots of Westeros material out there, if we want to keep doing Westeros projects, but not necessarily that. But, you know, I realize ? I don?t want to sound too glib about this. This is a serious concern. We?re going forward, and the kids are getting older. Maisie [Williams] was the same age as Arya when it started, but now Maisie is a young woman and Arya is still eleven. Time is passing very slowly in the books and very fast in real life.

dolaan_sl

shitlord
You could probably make the Dunks and Egg books take a full season easy and I would LOVE to see it. There is also easily a season in the back story.

I just want everything to keep progressing and everything so far in the HBO adaption is as good as could be expected and I still love the books, so I will consider anything short of cancellation a bonus.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Bran, Arya and Rickon (lol who?) are going to be well into their late teens/early 20's if you start splitting and stalling too much.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
easy solution.

kill all the children characters early in book 6.

make book 7 a trilogy of big screen movies.

i r geneyus

iannis

Musty Nester
Well the crazy people in the UK think that gay marriage causes flooding, not volcanoes.
Not a lot of volcanoes in America (those gay fucking Grizzly bears skew the curve)... but there is a lot of flooding in France.

I think your crazies might be onto something.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
easy solution.

kill all the children characters early in book 6.

make book 7 a trilogy of big screen movies.

i r geneyus
What he really needs is some timeskips. He should have had a couple timeskips in the books already.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just got the app but there's no way to copy/paste the text. It would be at least twenty screens worth of pictures. If you really want to see it I can probably upload them to imgr and make it readable.

Edit: I'm on my phone now and uploaded the first screen to give you an idea of what the sequence would look like.

rrr_img_63124.jpg

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I just got the app but there's no way to copy/paste the text. It would be at least twenty screens worth of pictures. If you really want to see it I can probably upload them to imgr and make it readable.

Edit: I'm on my phone now and uploaded the first screen to give you an idea of what the sequence would look like.

rrr_img_63124.jpg
I for one would be glad to read the rest of the chapter if you feel like loading it up Dandai
smile.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
[A little of the top was cropped]

"They use slave soldiers, why not slave commanders? That would ruin the
pmQJJlA.jpg

PTfAN1u.jpg

X0fqDS2.jpg

ozqK7Vl.jpg

oLlRyVe.jpg

BqNtAHo.jpg