A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The beginning of the chapter felt very familiar so I thought this was just another recycled chapter. Hopefully with him hunkering down and skipping some of the cons and events we'll actually get Winds next year.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
With the fifth season of Game of Thrones set to premiere April 12th, Martin admits that it's important for him to complete The Winds of Winter prior to Season Six's arrival in 2016. "I wish it was out now," Martin told EW. "Maybe I'm being overly optimistic about how quickly I can finish. But I canceled two convention appearances, I'm turning down a lot more interviews-anything I can do to clear my decks and get this done."
Please make it so...

That being said, it ultimately won't matter much since there's very little chance they'll drag the show out enough that we won't get series-ending spoilers.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sansa chapter was money. Really hope in the end somehow Varys and Littlefinger have each known about and been playing against one another in such a large game we don't learn all of the pieces until the very end.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
With the show heavily departing from the books in certain plots, it makes me wonder if it's due to screen time constraints or simply because we can get from A to B another way with minimal effect on the ending.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can we agree to absolutely no discussion allowed here about anything from the show episodes that are not yet officially released? I'm already avoiding half the damn internet because of those.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can we agree to absolutely no discussion allowed here about anything from the show episodes that are not yet officially released? I'm already avoiding half the damn internet because of those.
Well the thread says released spoilers...

Maybe we need a 4th thread to discuss this.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I didn't mean to stir the hornet's nest. I was mostly fishing for how you guys felt about certain subplots that seem important in the books (Jeyne Westerling comes to mind) being completely rewritten or not addressed in the show. Does omission confirm that they're unimportant to the overarching plot, or is it merely a reality of telling the story in a different medium where you have to worry about screen time and budgets?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Personally I think a lot of the omissions/changes are plot elements that grrm decided weren't going anywhere or he changed his mind on, and the show made it easier to deal with since they could simply be omitted to start with.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm in the minority of book readers who can differentiate between extremely minor tying up of loose ends that is briefly mentioned in the books (ie jeyne westerling is a perfect example, but so is virtually everything else having to deal with north/riverlands etc including lady stone heart) and actual plot advancement.

Yeah that shit got cut from the show cus its irrelevant. It hits you right in the feels when it's a character you were interested in (greyjoy brothers for me) but yes, they are ultimately irrelevant.

People get these grandiose ideas in their head that ned starks bones matter or robbs will matters or great jon umber is going to be pivotal once he escapes the twins and rally's with blackfish or old too fat to sit a horse manderly is going to kill all the freys or whatever. its a bit of wishful thinking mixed with revenge fantasy and fanfic.

Arya bran dany jon tyrion. they matter. Everything and everyone else is backdrop. I have difficulty understanding how someone sees jeyne westerling as "important" in the books. which is why i love to rag on ppl in the tv thread who nerd rage at shit like that when it gets cut or changes entirely.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
lolz
rrr_img_94762.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remind yourselves that time travel would only work if he did actually finish the books in the first place.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Not if the 5 dimensional future humans gave him the books from the future. Unwrap your mind bro