Abacab's sick ass festival thread!

I'd prefer no one even list the local festies they'll attend this summer because they're going to turn into Bonnaroo.

Any of you attend Bonna the past 3 years? It sucks.

One I will name because it needs to get bigger is Harvest Fest in Maine.

No one has ever been able to tell me exactly what Burning Man IS. "Oh it's great man a ton of people get together and people are there with their art and..." then I stop listening because it turns into hippy rambling.

P.S. My ass is healthy
Also, to directly answer this - Burning Man is literally what the title implies. A gigantic figure will be set on fire after people dump anything they wish to free themselves of.

Pictures, diaries, ashes from urns... anything goes.

Burning Man has turned into an alternative outdoor art gallery, though.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Evernothing_sl said:
Shambhala for my 8th year.
I've heard that it's one of the best places to do a lot of hallucinogens and get STD's. Sadly I've never made it, and I think I'm rapidly getting too old to. Shame.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also, to directly answer this - Burning Man is literally what the title implies. A gigantic figure will be set on fire after people dump anything they wish to free themselves of.

Pictures, diaries, ashes from urns... anything goes.

Burning Man has turned into an alternative outdoor art gallery, though.
Actually, the place where they dump that stuff is at The Temple. Which is burned on the final night of the festival. The Man is burned the previous night and is more of a party atmosphere. Along with some crazy fireworks beforehand.

I've heard that it's one of the best places to do a lot of hallucinogens and get STD's. Sadly I've never made it, and I think I'm rapidly getting too old to. Shame.
This is the exact type of mindset that should not attend...

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd prefer no one even list the local festies they'll attend this summer because they're going to turn into Bonnaroo.

Any of you attend Bonna the past 3 years? It sucks.

One I will name because it needs to get bigger is Harvest Fest in Maine.
I recall the Bonnaroo lineup looking pretty good last year, what makes it suck? I haven't been since the year Pearl Jam headlined.