Active shooter at Fort Hood, again

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I own several guns. I also have little to no desire to go shooting these days. I think last time I went to the range was 2 years ago, maybe 3. My primary sidearm would have an 1/8" layer of dust on it right now if I didn't keep it in a case.
Wanna sell them? PM me some pics.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Nah Marine.

I dont comprehend ptsd from just being over there. Youre supposed to be a god damn warrior and bringer of death as a Marine/Solider/Airman/Sailor. I can understand problems from seeing your buddy step on an ied or watching them bleed out after being shot by a sniper. I get that. But saying you have ptsd when you stayed on a very, very cushy and well furnished base that never was never attacked? Go fuck yourself for being a pussy and wasting resources that should be directed at those who actually need help.

I mean I know a guy I served with in Iraq who claimed to have ptsd, after he pushed his wife down some stairs. The biggest hardship he faced while we were over there? Us running out of his favorite brand of cereal.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah Marine.

I dont comprehend ptsd from just being over there. Youre supposed to be a god damn warrior and bringer of death as a Marine/Solider/Airman/Sailor. I can understand problems from seeing your buddy step on an ied or watching them bleed out after being shot by a sniper. I get that. But saying you have ptsd when you stayed on a very, very cushy and well furnished base that never was never attacked? Go fuck yourself for being a pussy and wasting resources that should be directed at those who actually need help.

I mean I know a guy I served with in Iraq who claimed to have ptsd, after he pushed his wife down some stairs. The biggest hardship he faced while we were over there? Us running out of his favorite brand of cereal.
I don't doubt that there are plenty of false claims of PTSD, but the armed services definitely don't represent the cream of the crop of American citizenry either.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Nah Marine.

Hate when I agree with Phoenix.

If just showing up is causing PTSD, you probably shouldn't have been cleared to even ship out.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Hate when I agree with Phoenix.

If just showing up is causing PTSD, you probably shouldn't have been cleared to even ship out.
The problem is there is a dollar value attached to being diagnosed with ptsd. A condition which is entirely mental.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The problem is there is a dollar value attached to being diagnosed with ptsd.
You're right, but it's a... I don't know, 'catch 22'?

People can exploit pretending to have it, but (like all mental illness) it is something we can't take lightly either and the past decade has proven we need to pursue it more actively as well. So I guess you gotta decide which is worse.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
So many factors here that are laughable:

88M aka truck driver or loader (88 series is generally for the least qualified applicants who manage to barely squeak into the Army)

34 y/o SPC (Sorry but an E-4 that old is a shitbag in 99% of cases, fortunately for them the Army has been extremely lax in enforcing it's quality control points)

4 Month Deployment (A fucking joke)

Iraq in 2011 (Basically drove pallets of furniture to an airfield to be flown back to the U.S. nothing was happening in Iraq in 2011)

Never saw combat yet yas PTSD (I've personally seen combat many times and most of the people in my unit have as well, I've only met one soldier I legitmately think had PTSD and he was in denial about it for some time)

PTSD has generally became a go to excuse for current or former service members to justify doing retarded shit, or so they can attempt to collect benefits they don't deserve.

Of the many people I know who have been in legitimate close combat fire fights or IED attacks almost nobody developed symptoms of PTSD, I honestly believe in order for someone to have developed it to a point of consideration they probably had to have some serious mental issues beforehand.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I don't think you need actual combat for PTSD, anything horribly traumatic will do. Watching a beloved pet get horribly mutilated in a car accident right in front of you may do the trick.

I'm not sure how much trauma a truck driver in 2011 Iraq will find. Bad hooker? ... do they have hookers in Iraq? I'd think "bad hooker PTSD" would be more likely in Vietnam.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I don't think you need actual combat for PTSD, anything horribly traumatic will do. Watching a beloved pet get horribly mutilated in a car accident right in front of you may do the trick.

I'm not sure how much trauma a truck driver in 2011 Iraq will find. Bad hooker? ... do they have hookers in Iraq? I'd think "bad hooker PTSD" would be more likely in Vietnam.
Hookers never existed in Iraq.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
lol dude, hookers got replaced with female service members; the dirtiest, easiest sluts on the planet.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
lol dude, hookers got replaced with female service members; the dirtiest, easiest sluts on the planet.
Haha, fair enough.

I'm just not sure I'd be comfortable fucking around with chicks with such easy access to such substantial weaponry.
biggrin.png

Grumath_sl

shitlord
Know what fixes PTSD far more effectively and cheaper than the "treatments" we have now? Drugs that are highly illegal for no reason. Get a couple of Peruvian shamans on each military base and take vets on a few Ayahuasca trips and reboot their psyches.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Know what fixes PTSD far more effectively and cheaper than the "treatments" we have now? Drugs that are highly illegal for no reason. Get a couple of Peruvian shamans on each military base and take vets on a few Ayahuasca trips and reboot their psyches.
You know what alternative treatments that have been proven to work are called? Medicine.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Joe Rogan podcast!