Active shooter at Fort Hood, again

Grumath_sl

shitlord
You know what alternative treatments that have been proven to work are called? Medicine.
So you trust that the FDA has 100% accurately categorized every drug as a medicine or not a medicine? All drugs in the medicine category are proven to work and all those outside that category don't work? Are you certain? Isn't marijuana still categorized as having no medicinal benefit at all?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So you trust that the FDA has 100% accurately categorized every drug as a medicine or not a medicine? All drugs in the medicine category are proven to work and all those outside that category don't work? Are you certain? Isn't marijuana still categorized as having no medicinal benefit at all?
Gawd you're an idiot. That's not how it works at all - new medicine gets tested else it's not approved. What we already have approved undergoes regular testing, rct's in clinic as we become wiser on metabolic pathways, enzymes etc. That's how it gets taken off the market if shit don't work. Is it a perfect system? No. Are you a moron for thinking we don't use the non-psychedelic parts of weed for medicinal purposes, yes - go google Marinol. There are more at stake than simple efficacy - adverse effects like psychedelia f.inst. That's not even getting into Medicine being more than simple pharmacology - surgery, procedures etc.

Get a grip.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I am with grumath on this. There is plenty of shit that works that FDA hasnt approved yet either because it doesnt know about it, or because it legally can't.

MDMA has been repeatedly proven to help with PTSD and other psychological treatments but the federal government classifies it as a Schedule I drug back from the early 1980s

Grumath_sl

shitlord
Gawd you're an idiot. That's not how it works at all - new medicine gets tested else it's not approved. What we already have approved undergoes regular testing, rct's in clinic as we become wiser on metabolic pathways, enzymes etc. That's how it gets taken off the market if shit don't work. Is it a perfect system? No. Are you a moron for thinking we don't use the non-psychedelic parts of weed for medicinal purposes, yes - go google Marinol. There are more at stake than simple efficacy - adverse effects like psychedelia f.inst. That's not even getting into Medicine being more than simple pharmacology - surgery, procedures etc.

Get a grip.
So there's no work in progress regarding DMT or MDMA to treat PTSD or other psychological problems right now? No positive results in regards to those issues and many others like dementia and alzheimers? Just because it hasn't finished testing and green lit by the FDA already doesn't mean that it won't be in the future. Or that there isn't a built in standard bias against any psychedelics. Its not a black and white of if something is medicine or not medicine. Some stuff is in progress and in testing still. There are a lot of things that you take for granted and are considered medicines now that were where DMT or MDMA are now. Give it time.

It only makes sense to work with the natural drug your brain produces every night to regenerate itself in order to heal severe psychological trauma. That makes WAY more sense than some crazy synthetic anti-psychotic that your brain doesn't know wtf it is. Unless you have a built in systemic hatred for anything that causes hallucinations; which we all have every night...

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i think izo is suffering from PNSD: post nets stress disorder.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
i think izo is suffering from PNSD: post nets stress disorder.
Hehe, Araysar
smile.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So there's no work in progress regarding DMT or MDMA to treat PTSD or other psychological problems right now? No positive results in regards to those issues and many others like dementia and alzheimers? Just because it hasn't finished testing and green lit by the FDA already doesn't mean that it won't be in the future. Or that there isn't a built in standard bias against any psychedelics. Its not a black and white of if something is medicine or not medicine. Some stuff is in progress and in testing still. There are a lot of things that you take for granted and are considered medicines now that were where DMT or MDMA are now. Give it time.

It only makes sense to work with the natural drug your brain produces every night to regenerate itself in order to heal severe psychological trauma. That makes WAY more sense than some crazy synthetic anti-psychotic that your brain doesn't know wtf it is. Unless you have a built in systemic hatred for anything that causes hallucinations; which we all have every night...
Abusers have been trying to justify their drugs for ages - but don't realize what and why drugs and therapies are or aren't approved. It's much the same with the 'natural remedies' crowd. Stop trying to push words down my throat - doing so doesn't make them mine, mkay? mkay. DMT, MDMA are not new substances. Neither is THC. You're barking up the wrong tree here. Ofcourse there are work in progress, pharmacology research is not instantaneous. But something being researched does not mean it merits research or is even worthy of it or FDA or EMEA (The European equivalent) approval. Get it? If it worked, it would be marketed. If it doesn't, it doesn't get approved. Anything beside this is conspiracy theories and speculations you can take up with Fox News. There have been decades of less strict, non-EBM approval where this shit could have been approved. Did it? No. How many years must pass till we get over this 'wonder drug' misconception? I don't think you know what a double blinded RCT is nor why it's important. That's not even getting to the fact that chemical form dictates function, receptor selectivity and specificity. You seem very hooked on the former instead of the later, ignorant of how pharma development and testing works.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
can someone recommend something FDA_approved for Izo's severe case of butthurt?

khalid

Unelected Mod
can someone recommend something FDA_approved for Izo's severe case of butthurt?
Can someone recommend some FDA_approved treatment for your lack of scientific knowledge?

Izo is 100% in the right here. The FDA and science in general aren't perfect, but they sure as shit are better than bro-science.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Can someone recommend some FDA_approved treatment for your lack of scientific knowledge?

Izo is 100% in the right here. The FDA and science in general aren't perfect, but they sure as shit are better than bro-science.
what is this bro-science. is there any classes for that.

Grumath_sl

shitlord

Science certainly is better than br0-science. Can't figure for the life of me why you would put the FDA in the same breath as science in that comparison though. Their decisions are determined more by lobbying and money than hard science. All you have to do is read up on why most of these drugs were made illegal a few decades back to see that they blatantly ignored science to get us where we are now. Marijuana being illegal had way more to do with paper barons not wanting competition from hemp than any science. Psychedelics being outlawed wasn't for any better reasons. I'm a huge science guy. I'm all for modern medicines. But sometimes when you hit brick walls like we have with treating many mental disorders, you can't let antiquated ignorant laws and decades of indoctrination dictate the path of cures. DMT works better to reset many mental issues than any legal drug. It's what your brain uses every night to reset. Why would you not pursue that aggressively? <==== Answer to that is super easy with hints above.

khalid

Unelected Mod
But sometimes when you hit brick walls like we have with treating many mental disorders, you can't let antiquated ignorant laws and decades of indoctrination dictate the path of cures. DMT works better to reset many mental issues than any legal drug. It's what your brain uses every night to reset. Why would you not pursue that aggressively? <==== Answer to that is super easy with hints above.
I agree with you that marijuana and some other drugs were made illegal largely out of ignorance.

I am certainly not against testing drugs like marijuana and possibly psychedelics for their benefits. Some tests have shown benefits of them. However, certainly not enough for me to think we should switch to those over drugs that have been shown to work in full scientific trials. Just because of the ignorance displayed by drugwarriors held back research, doesn't mean we should respond to that ignorance by wanting to use it for treatment without research.

As for the FDA, yeah, right now it is the best body that we have for determining if a drug should be available or not. It has all kinds of faults (way much political influence), but abolishing it or ignoring it would be a huge mistake.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Science certainly is better than br0-science. Can't figure for the life of me why you would put the FDA in the same breath as science in that comparison though. Their decisions are determined more by lobbying and money than hard science. All you have to do is read up on why most of these drugs were made illegal a few decades back to see that they blatantly ignored science to get us where we are now. Marijuana being illegal had way more to do with paper barons not wanting competition from hemp than any science. Psychedelics being outlawed wasn't for any better reasons. I'm a huge science guy. I'm all for modern medicines. But sometimes when you hit brick walls like we have with treating many mental disorders, you can't let antiquated ignorant laws and decades of indoctrination dictate the path of cures. DMT works better to reset many mental issues than any legal drug. It's what your brain uses every night to reset. Why would you not pursue that aggressively? <==== Answer to that is super easy with hints above.
If you had any knowledge of pharmacology and physiology, you'd know the answer is not what you're hinting at, not is it a 'brick wall'. Nor is there any truth to your false dichotomy of treatment choices. You're a conspiracy theorist and you think the 'olden days' apply to post EBM age. In short, you don't know what you're talking about.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I agree with you that marijuana and some other drugs were made illegal largely out of ignorance.

I am certainly not against testing drugs like marijuana and possibly psychedelics for their benefits. Some tests have shown benefits of them. However, certainly not enough for me to think we should switch to those over drugs that have been shown to work in full scientific trials. Just because of the ignorance displayed by drugwarriors held back research, doesn't mean we should respond to that ignorance by wanting to use it for treatment without research.

As for the FDA, yeah, right now it is the best body that we have for determining if a drug should be available or not. It has all kinds of faults (way much political influence), but abolishing it or ignoring it would be a huge mistake.
Druggies don't understand we already use synthetic thc in treatments. Google Marinol.