Actually playing Starcraft 2

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I will never understand the mindset of some of these players. I'm 2/2 today for having someone tell me how bad I am (1/2 on them raging post-game as well) as I'm wrecking their base. One was a TvT where I did my 111 rine/tank/vik and another was a TvP where he went instantly up to 3 gates (scouted easy with my reaper -- think it was a terrible build) then *shock* went DT. Turns out everyone on the planet saw a zero damage 3gate follow up to be DT so I was bad.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone some tips for PvP ? I always see pros defending the expansions or making the right moves, but seems like every time I take a guess whether he expanded or not, I guess wrong and losing just because I was "thinking" hurts my self-esteem. Some rock solid and standard build would be nice.

Tenks

4M parade push off 3 bases is so incredibly fun TvZ. As a Zerg I'd want to kill myself.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
My recipe for PvZ at the moment:
1) FFE if possible
2) Make meticulously timed stargate, phoenixes and 4gate
3) Snipe overlords, try to kill the third
4) Realize you are floating 1,5k resources
5) Get third denied while you were harassing
6) Make 4 more gates and robo
7) Push at 15 minutes off 2 bases
8) Pray for good FFs and Time warp
9) Zerg ragequits

Some supply blocks here and there to spice it up. I really have no idea how I'm winning.

Tenks

I don't know if Zerg is just having a hard time with the game now or what. My 4M TvZ isn't exactly what I'd call "on point" but once I get on 3 bases and my production kicks in and I'm making 12marines/3mines/2vacs w/ 3|3 marines the Zerg gets shredded. Unless I completely fuck up the early game and he comes in with upgraded Ultras.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I haven't played in a couple of days. Every zerg at my level is busting over and over and it's not fun to play against. If I hold it they're usually two bases up, and if I don't they just win outright. As a terran it feels like you need that two minute stretch where you get all your production up and if they hit before, during, or slightly after it you are going to come out way behind. The other option is to two base really hard but when you do that if they defend drops well and see the push coming it seems pretty easy for them to stop. It's not quite as annoying as emp-wars, but it does seem ridiculous that the race that got an economic advantage because it had to be reactive is now dictating the matchup pretty much entirely.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played in a couple of days. Every zerg at my level is busting over and over and it's not fun to play against. If I hold it they're usually two bases up, and if I don't they just win outright. As a terran it feels like you need that two minute stretch where you get all your production up and if they hit before, during, or slightly after it you are going to come out way behind. The other option is to two base really hard but when you do that if they defend drops well and see the push coming it seems pretty easy for them to stop. It's not quite as annoying as emp-wars, but it does seem ridiculous that the race that got an economic advantage because it had to be reactive is now dictating the matchup pretty much entirely.
You probably aren't making enough hellbats.

Tenks

Those busts are specifically designed to punish 14cc/reactor hellion/3cc. If you're doing that build and losing all the time to busts chances are you need to play a safer build. The current TvZ meta is you will get busted. So play accordingly. I don't even reactor hellion anymore because I felt I wasn't getting my investment back.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I need to switch to Protoss. I can't get past level 21 of marine split if I play infinite times.

This is the most frustrating game I've ever devoted time to in my life. How you play when you play three hours a day for a few days and how you play when you play three times a week are completely and utterly different. It's like you become mildly retarded if you don't play for 72 hours.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I don't know if Zerg is just having a hard time with the game now or what. My 4M TvZ isn't exactly what I'd call "on point" but once I get on 3 bases and my production kicks in and I'm making 12marines/3mines/2vacs w/ 3|3 marines the Zerg gets shredded. Unless I completely fuck up the early game and he comes in with upgraded Ultras.
I'm noticing the same thing. You can gate expand as Protoss and most Zergs will STILL attempt to take a 5:30 third, which you can just destroy with 4 gate zealot.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I need to switch to Protoss. I can't get past level 21 of marine split if I play infinite times.

This is the most frustrating game I've ever devoted time to in my life. How you play when you play three hours a day for a few days and how you play when you play three times a week are completely and utterly different. It's like you become mildly retarded if you don't play for 72 hours.
I only play when I can devote some serious time to it, you can't really play this casually and still care about your performance. I stop for a few months and then go crazy for a few weeks, like 4+ hours per day. My last binge was around HotS launch.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
4M parade push off 3 bases is so incredibly fun TvZ. As a Zerg I'd want to kill myself.
Fuck you.

Seriously though, good Terrans are so god damn scary. Scrub Terrans are a walkover as Z, even in Masters, but a good Terran can just tear you apart from 3 different angles.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Thinking about picking up HotS, haven't played in well over a year. Was mainly a P player at first in the Diamond league but eventually went random just to spice it up. Probably will only have an hour or two a day to devote to playing, would it be even worth it or will I just rage at how shitty and old I'm getting?

Tenks

I only play about 10 games a week -- probably less -- and can remain relatively competent. I'm comfortably high diamond without much effort and if I get random shots of motivation to play 30 or so games a week I can get back to playing Master people. But the overall skill level right now is far, far higher than it was ever in WoL.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, since you stopped at Diamond the last time, you probably won't become master out of nowhere, but if you like the game and HotS has given people more space to show off skill than WoL ever did, go for it. Even the custom games aren't all that bad.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been dicking around on NA with Random (Diamond) and let me tell you... PvZ seems so unfair... I don't think I've lost a game yet, jesus christ.

Completely lost in PvT, i get wrecked generally, and I quit all mirrors lol.