Addicted Dads (EQ Emu 2 Box)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Reading posts on their boards indicated that you even might start needing real tanks and clerics for PoP stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Reading posts on their boards indicated that you even might start needing real tanks and clerics for PoP stuff.
We needed a real tank for AoW when me alex and beastmode did it. Alex stepped up with defensive and won the day.

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a chanter. Imps in Sol b hit for like 90s, stuff in droga low 200s. I think my charm pets stared passing the bst pet in the low 40s.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
We needed a real tank for AoW when me alex and beastmode did it. Alex stepped up with defensive and won the day.
It was kind of messy, but we did it. I'll be a lot easier with levels, AA, and actual hate weapons, lol. Looks like I'll have to farm him for BoCs.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was kind of messy, but we did it. I'll be a lot easier with levels, AA, and actual hate weapons, lol. Looks like I'll have to farm him for BoCs.
There's a 2 hander outta Time or somewhere that was so tits back in the day for hate! Now I wanna roll a warrior!! but dealing with hate, when a pet sounds so easy...

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my War twink to 65 a few days ago. He is twinked with a DBoW from Time and a few Vulak / Velious loots. Need another couple hundred AA farmed to get defensive stuff though.

Sadly, I am moving country and my desktop is getting packed out this week. It's all going on a slow boat overseas. So, I need to learn how to play on my crappy little 13" Dell.

Might not see me around much in the next few weeks.

Crone

At the character creation screen, and can't decide on what to make....

FFffffuuuuu

Crone

Warrior - Love all the weapons/toys, and the need for tanks on higher content is pretty cool.
Shaman - Love all the utility, and with slows + beefed up pets, a lot of solo capabilities.
Enchanter - Charm is OP. CC is OP. Nuff said.

That's my short list at the moment. Can't decide.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
At the character creation screen, and can't decide on what to make....

FFffffuuuuu

Enchanters are awesome if you like them, add a druid, cleric or sham and you're good for a long time. As always warrior is best but you can do the same/better depending on the fight or tier with sk/paly.

I go solo but at some point the boxers will leap ahead and you will fall behind. I like seeing what I can do with the last 1% hp and shit like that. Just so sick of a heal/tank box for the last 18 years.

Just really depends on what you want to do, we will be here to help.

I say enchanter or mage/sk/war/nec/NOT RANGER

Crone

Enchanters are awesome if you like them, add a druid, cleric or sham and you're good for a long time. As always warrior is best but you can do the same/better depending on the fight or tier with sk/paly.

I go solo but at some point the boxers will leap ahead and you will fall behind. I like seeing what I can do with the last 1% hp and shit like that. Just so sick of a heal/tank box for the last 18 years.

Just really depends on what you want to do, we will be here to help.

I say enchanter or mage/sk/war/nec/NOT RANGER
I think I've got a buddy that wants to make a tank. He was thinking Ranger, but told him not to do it! lol

I'll probably roll Enchanter for this first time, and then with how fast experience is, making twinks isn't a bad idea.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I was fine solo til like 40s-50 but it became very noticeable how much weaker you are after that. Rocking MNK/SHM now and it's a lot of fun.

Crone

Brikker Brikker Got some guild haters trying to train you in PoFear, but last I heard he coulnd't kill you. Puma on your monk was killing too much shit too fast. hahaha

First night in with a buddy and we're level 15 now. Figure we might hit UGuk, Unrest, or LOIO. Not sure which yet.

Warrior/Shaman is a pretty sweet combo for now, and the auto grant of spells and skills is amazing!

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Velious has been a pretty big step up in terms of how much damage raid mobs do compared to Kunark. Single shaman as a healer won't be able to keep up on most things especially with a lot more unslowable mobs.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Brikker Brikker Got some guild haters trying to train you in PoFear, but last I heard he coulnd't kill you. Puma on your monk was killing too much shit too fast. hahaha

First night in with a buddy and we're level 15 now. Figure we might hit UGuk, Unrest, or LOIO. Not sure which yet.

Warrior/Shaman is a pretty sweet combo for now, and the auto grant of spells and skills is amazing!

Is cool, mostly just testing the limits of MQ2 as a new user. Some free AA out of playing with it doesn't hurt!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Snitches get stitches. And don't you fucking dare assume my gender. But ya, some ass hole was trying to train you.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It's cool, I don't really mind. Was toying with KA; it seems kinda limited in that I don't think it would work great in zones with a lot of obstacles, etc.

What I really need to figure out is how to use it to automate my SHM box while still having the SHM /stick to me as I move around zones...

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It's cool, I don't really mind. Was toying with KA; it seems kinda limited in that I don't think it would work great in zones with a lot of obstacles, etc.

What I really need to figure out is how to use it to automate my SHM box while still having the SHM /stick to me as I move around zones...
I got mine going pretty good automated but you'll want to have some /mqp macros because it sucks when it target locks/casts while you're wanting to do other stuff.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Velious has been a pretty big step up in terms of how much damage raid mobs do compared to Kunark. Single shaman as a healer won't be able to keep up on most things especially with a lot more unslowable mobs.

This is true, however my Necro / Shm combo can do all of Velious sans KT / AoW due to being unslowable flurry machines. The Nec pet being the issue, not so much the Shaman. Shaman has such baller mana regen abilities that I have yet to ever run out of mana on him. You simply start needing real tanks with gear and heavy AA heading towards end game. Hell, we had a monk tanking AoW for my flags.

If you guys are hitting walls of difficulty, you need to start faming levels / AA. It's a massive difference.

Also, Infected Paw is live here. Some out of era loot and everything is even, yellow, or red to 65s. Great place to AA farm and gear some non-vis item slots. For example, one of the bracers I found has 3hp /3mana regen and one piece for my War twink has Cleave II on it. Decent place to shore up gear before hitting Luclin + PoP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
This is true, however my Necro / Shm combo can do all of Velious sans KT / AoW due to being unslowable flurry machines. The Nec pet being the issue, not so much the Shaman. Shaman has such baller mana regen abilities that I have yet to ever run out of mana on him. You simply start needing real tanks with gear and heavy AA heading towards end game. Hell, we had a monk tanking AoW for my flags.

If you guys are hitting walls of difficulty, you need to start faming levels / AA. It's a massive difference.

Also, Infected Paw is live here. Some out of era loot and everything is even, yellow, or red to 65s. Great place to AA farm and gear some non-vis item slots. For example, one of the bracers I found has 3hp /3mana regen and one piece for my War twink has Cleave II on it. Decent place to shore up gear before hitting Luclin + PoP.
XP in there is baller but man that pathing and the random named spawn are blarg.

• 1Like