Adventures with Corndog: Corndog's Fish Store

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah I enjoyed it as well. An entirely different business type than I've ever dealt with, was interesting to see the retail end of business.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I enjoyed this thread too when it was running, He put a lot of hard work into running the place and setting it all up.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I follow his youtube and facebook for his business. He is very active online in the fish community. His store appears to be doing really well. Aquarium Co-Op if you wanna look it up.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I posted a comment on one of his recent YouTube videos to come back and post, we miss his updates. Let’s see if he does I guess.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Holy crap! Cory from Aquarium Co-op is Corndog? Small world. He's very knowledgeable when it comes to fish. I recently got back into aquariums and I've watch abunch of his videos on YouTube and bought some items from his store. It appears he is doing really well. Probably one of the biggest names on YouTube when it comes to freshwater fish/shrimp.

Links if you're curious.

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Never saw this thread. Judging by the dudes nearly 1.5k Google reviews at 4.9 stars it's prob worth a read from the start. That's pretty damn impressive.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this threads always been super enjoyable to read, super satisfying reading how awesome his stores been doing, how to get customers, engagement through YouTube/media. Lots of good shit I wish I could have applied to my family’s small business during the time I ran it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Didn't he like rage quit or get banned or something?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
He bounced after our move, due to (this will shock you) all of our super edgy cool political bros. Great thread and he seems to be doing quite well with his business. Good on him, was always a pleasant read

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This google reviews blow my mind. 4.9 * with that many reviews is insane. Shows how great he is doing but also, how cool the aquarium community is too.

pretty happy for the guy. I reread this thread last night when I couldn’t sleep and there was a lot of times he was so worried about if this would work out. Dudes living his dream, doesn’t get much better than that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been a few years obviously. Youtube took off and I got incredibly busy. Still very busy these days. I had decided to step back from posting anywhere in public as internet trolls still remain a problem. Internet fame is a weird thing. Had to get barbed wire up around my house and this letter arrived last week. With 3 million views on youtube every month, if 1 out of a million wants to harm myself or my family. I've got 3 people a month to deal with. Over time though you develop the right strategies to deal with it.

If anyone has any specific questions about aspects due for an update, I'll try my best.

92872949_602340203690975_8808263761228988416_n.jpg

• 12Like
  • 4WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man I’m so happy you’re back.

first of all, serious congrats on your success man.

second, fuck that letter and the person who wrote it.

third, what’s the real scoop behind revenue that YouTube brings in? With 3 mill views a month you see decent income on that?

fourth, get ya caught up on the years we’ve missed. 😉

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is a lot of variance depending on what type of content for youtube in regards to income. If you swear a bunch of get demonetized. How long the content is, and even just your keywords. For instance real estate youtube channels make a ton of money cause when advertisers get a new mortgage client, they make bank so they are willing to bid higher. With covid19 going on, ad revenue is going down because less people are advertising. So while it's cheaper to advertise, many businesses aren't because of the uncertainty of income later. The last 6 months or so. I average about 14k a month in ad revenue. You can see that even though I get 3 million views a month, only 5.6 million were views where adblocker wasn't used. Another big factor is where the views come from. USA has high ad payout, where somewhere like india would be low ad revenue. So sometimes a video will go viral, but in a different country and not earn much. Graphic is the last 90 days of revenue.

screenshot-studio.youtube.com-2020.04.24-17_21_20.png

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Been a few years obviously. Youtube took off and I got incredibly busy. Still very busy these days. I had decided to step back from posting anywhere in public as internet trolls still remain a problem. Internet fame is a weird thing. Had to get barbed wire up around my house and this letter arrived last week. With 3 million views on youtube every month, if 1 out of a million wants to harm myself or my family. I've got 3 people a month to deal with. Over time though you develop the right strategies to deal with it.

If anyone has any specific questions about aspects due for an update, I'll try my best.

View attachment 265170

holy shit wb buddy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There is a lot of variance depending on what type of content for youtube in regards to income. If you swear a bunch of get demonetized. How long the content is, and even just your keywords. For instance real estate youtube channels make a ton of money cause when advertisers get a new mortgage client, they make bank so they are willing to bid higher. With covid19 going on, ad revenue is going down because less people are advertising. So while it's cheaper to advertise, many businesses aren't because of the uncertainty of income later. The last 6 months or so. I average about 14k a month in ad revenue. You can see that even though I get 3 million views a month, only 5.6 million were views where adblocker wasn't used. Another big factor is where the views come from. USA has high ad payout, where somewhere like india would be low ad revenue. So sometimes a video will go viral, but in a different country and not earn much. Graphic is the last 90 days of revenue.

View attachment 265179

damn $14k a month ain’t nothing to sneeze at buddy. Well done just on that alone.