Adventures with lyrical - buying a business

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blazin said:
I don"t recall if its been discussed in this thread, but I"d be curious what your stance is on taxes. Is your company a LLC taxed as a partnership? Even with the relative anonymity of a forum some aren"t willing to say whether they skirt on taxes, if so PM me.
Let"s just say that I"m a c-corp, and my marginal rate is an outrageous 50%. So I give away alot to charities (rather do that than let the gov"t waste $), and if there"s a grey area, I"m in it. But as far as fraudulent tax evasion, the company is clean. It lets me sleep better at nights.

If I ever feel as if my tax burden is getting too high, I can always pay myself more, repay expenses, or buy more equipment.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Lyrical said:
Let"s just say that I"m a c-corp, and my marginal rate is an outrageous 50%. So I give away alot to charities (rather do that than let the gov"t waste $), and if there"s a grey area, I"m in it. But as far as fraudulent tax evasion, the company is clean. It lets me sleep better at nights.

If I ever feel as if my tax burden is getting too high, I can always pay myself more, repay expenses, or buy more equipment.
I pay a lot of tax each year but can"t say I pay as much as I could be. I hate borrowing money and run my company debt free but more and more I"m thinking I have to give in because I"d rather eliminate $100,00 in earnings by paying interest to a bank because at least the bank gives me money to use in return. Do you pay yourself as a payroll employee then?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Ashes Emberblade said:
And the bamster can"t figure out why we aren"t adding jobs...
Actually, it sounds like Lyrical has added a couple of jobs in the last few months, and his tax rate played no part in it.

Was a pretty good theory though, for a shithead.

Chaotic_foh

shitlord
How about starting a "business"

I had this pretty good, very marketable idea having something to do with car parts. A niche that isn"t filled in the after market crowd having to do with vehicle security..

The issue becomes, how do people locate people to blue print and produce ideas? Like these infomercial guys.. someone had to draw up that magic bullet and start producing it etc how do these things get rolling?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Chaotic said:
How about starting a "business"

I had this pretty good, very marketable idea having something to do with car parts. A niche that isn"t filled in the after market crowd having to do with vehicle security..

The issue becomes, how do people locate people to blue print and produce ideas? Like these infomercial guys.. someone had to draw up that magic bullet and start producing it etc how do these things get rolling?
Do you mean the production of the item or the marketing of it?

Cathan_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Actually, it sounds like Lyrical has added a couple of jobs in the last few months, and his tax rate played no part in it.

So I didn"t get the whole discussion over taxes. Was Ashes breaking balls that the country doesn"t have more jobs because guys like Lyrical are skirting taxes? Pardon me if I"m a little slow, just wanted to understand all that was said.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Cathan said:
So I didn"t get the whole discussion over taxes. Was Ashes breaking balls that the country doesn"t have more jobs because guys like Lyrical are skirting taxes? Pardon me if I"m a little slow, just wanted to understand all that was said.
Believe he was saying that his tax rate is why people don"t hire more

TheCutlery said:

I"VE BEEN CALLED A SHITHEAD, MY ARGUMENT IS OBVIOUSLY INVALID.

Lyrical, if your tax rate was 25% would you be able to hire more people right nao?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ashes Emberblade said:
Lyrical, if your tax rate was 25% would you be able to hire more people right nao?
That"s an obvious yes, and anyone who thinks paying a 50% rate is going to make me hire more people, should be shot in the face.

Paying out 50% in taxes means that I have less working capital, so with less working capital, I keep less people on the payroll, or I do creative things to shelter cash.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Lyrical said:
That"s an obvious yes, and anyone who thinks paying a 50% rate is going to make me hire more people, should be shot in the face.

Paying out 50% in taxes means that I have less working capital, so with less working capital, I keep less people on the payroll, or I do creative things to shelter cash.
Except what has been your entire argument for not hiring people these last few months in this livejournal...err, thread? You don"t want to hire people in this economy just to lay them off again if the work dries up. You never once said a damned thing about your tax rate. If you"re not going to hire people because the economy is bad and your tax rate is 50%, then you"re not going to hire people because the economy is bad and your tax rate is 25%, right?

I mean, that"s either the answer, or you"re lying by saying you"re not hiring because the economy is bad.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
TheCutlery said:
Except what has been your entire argument for not hiring people these last few months in this livejournal...err, thread? You don"t want to hire people in this economy just to lay them off again if the work dries up. You never once said a damned thing about your tax rate. If you"re not going to hire people because the economy is bad and your tax rate is 50%, then you"re not going to hire people because the economy is bad and your tax rate is 25%, right?

I mean, that"s either the answer, or you"re lying by saying you"re not hiring because the economy is bad.
Anyone with half a mind knows that 50 percent is too high and not going to help with unemployment.

If you don"t like the thread, don"t visit, we"ll be fine. But based on the number of requests I"ve had for updates, and the weekly pm"s from people on their business ideas, it"s not going to stop.

Let"s keep politics out of the business and finance forums, we"ve gone this long without it.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Who brought up politics? I haven"t said anything about them. Maybe you shouldn"t bring things up that you don"t want in your thread.

I said that the only reasons you"ve given for not hiring were a poor economy and you didn"t want to have to lay people off when the work dried up. How people figure your tax rate has anything to do with it, I dunno.

I just contend that if you"re claiming you can"t employ people because of the poor economy that an extra 25% in your pocket isn"t going to change the poor economy. Nothing would change, except you"d be sitting on more money.

Thief_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Who brought up politics? I haven"t said anything about them. Maybe you shouldn"t bring things up that you don"t want in your thread.

I said that the only reasons you"ve given for not hiring were a poor economy and you didn"t want to have to lay people off when the work dried up. How people figure your tax rate has anything to do with it, I dunno.

I just contend that if you"re claiming you can"t employ people because of the poor economy that an extra 25% in your pocket isn"t going to change the poor economy. Nothing would change, except you"d be sitting on more money.
You may leave this thread.

This thread is great to get some information on businesses.

TheCutlery said:

Hey retard, let"s get this straight:

You are, bar none, the worst poster on these boards. That includes the highlights of Millie, Lumie, Goliath, and many others who have challenged your seat of stupidity. But don"t worry, your reign is supreme.

I"ve had you on ignore for the last 3-5 years because you have never once had a post that"s actually contained a single bit of useful information or opinion. The only thing you"ve ever contributed to this board is a prevailing and unending stream of incoherent negative comments on every single thread that you post in.

Sadly, others still respond to you and from time to time, I have the displeasure of reading your inane posts. Maybe it"s because you hate your job, hate your wife, hate your kids, or just hate Minnesota (and who wouldn"t?) - whatever the reason, no one here cares. You have the option of reading any thread on this board and if for some reason, you get that urge to post your terrible fucking opinion again, step in front of a bus instead.

Get the fuck out of this thread, and all other threads on this board.

Thanks.

/soapbox

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck are you again? No one?

Okay. Long as we"ve got that straight.

Don"t blame me because our resident corrupt cop comes in here trolling politics in a business thread and needs a smack down and none of you pussies want to give it to him.

Ilum_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Who the fuck are you again? No one?

Okay. Long as we"ve got that straight.

Don"t blame me because our resident corrupt cop comes in here trolling politics in a business thread and needs a smack down and none of you pussies want to give it to him.
Dude this thread was doing great without a derail, if you have something to discuss with Lyrical PM the guy, don"t start a flame war with half the board.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
25% of my calls yesterday came from radio. At first, they said other sources (internet, ylw pages, referral) but all of them heard us on radio first. From what I"ve seen, customers only remember the last thing they saw you in, and not what sparked them to call in.

This was the goal, to generate three calls a day, and then close half of them at an average of $700 per. We"ll see if they sign up today. The good thing is that our campaign hasn"t been long and we are getting calls already.

Lusiphur_foh

shitlord
I had a thought Lyrical. If you are going to be paying these guys during the winter anyways then maybe cross train them into tasks that they could do that would be productive in that period. Equipment maintenance maybe ? I dunno but investing in your guys like that will make them more and loyal and if you can cut costs at the same time then its win/win surely ?