Advice for working on the road - Full Time Travel Work

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I have thought about investing in some noise canceling headphones to avoid the screaming shit children that so many neglectful parents let run wild on the plane. I don't mind flying but I am a taller guy and could stand to lose some weight so when I am in coach it's always somewhat uncomfortable but manageable, when I get first class obviously it's a much better time. Still I wonder if I should buy a Nintendo Switch or something, maybe some books. I typically try not to work on the laptop on the flight I find it to cumbersome mostly because I have a stupid big gaming laptop which is getting older so I should get something new that's a little bit of a trade off in power and size. What do you guys do to make flights more enjoyable?
If you get a switch, def get a case for it, they all look like this nintendo switch case where they hold the switch, a flap for games and mesh for cables and adapter, some cheaper cases don't have the elastic that you use to hold switch to the case, which is bad cuz you it could fall out (tight cramped seats, any shit can happen).

my wife has Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33iS QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling In-Ear Headphones, of course headphones are way better, but she doesn't want to already carry them, i mean i have Audio Technica AUD ATH-ANC7B Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones and the case is rather large, it's like an 8in bowl.

And when we travel together, she takes my headphones and i then have to use her earphones, so yea headphones are def better, but you have to carry it around.

Eh, you're German, so you probably want Bose

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If you get a switch, def get a case for it, they all look like this nintendo switch case where they hold the switch, a flap for games and mesh for cables and adapter, some cheaper cases don't have the elastic that you use to hold switch to the case, which is bad cuz you it could fall out (tight cramped seats, any shit can happen).

my wife has Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33iS QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling In-Ear Headphones, of course headphones are way better, but she doesn't want to already carry them, i mean i have Audio Technica AUD ATH-ANC7B Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones and the case is rather large, it's like an 8in bowl.

And when we travel together, she takes my headphones and i then have to use her earphones, so yea headphones are def better, but you have to carry it around.

Eh, you're German, so you probably want Bose

No I am whiter than white bread MURICAN through and through. I just lived for a short time in Germany. My Ex was German.

As for the switch, I don't know if I need one or not I was just thinking about one while on the plane. Most of the time on flights, I will just watch movies with some pair of ultra shit earbud things. Or often I will just browse my phone. With T-mobile I always get like free wifi on flights or some shit. I have an ipad too but honestly I stopped bringing it with me since it was just a pain in the ass and I didn't use it much. Also there is only so much room you can have with the carry on stuff, and since I have a Laptop, Printer, Paperwork, my carry on case is mostly full.

I know there are some headphones that can fold down into like tiny cases and shit, just not a huge amount of experience with them.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
No I am whiter than white bread MURICAN through and through. I just lived for a short time in Germany. My Ex was German.

As for the switch, I don't know if I need one or not I was just thinking about one while on the plane. Most of the time on flights, I will just watch movies with some pair of ultra shit earbud things. Or often I will just browse my phone. With T-mobile I always get like free wifi on flights or some shit. I have an ipad too but honestly I stopped bringing it with me since it was just a pain in the ass and I didn't use it much. Also there is only so much room you can have with the carry on stuff, and since I have a Laptop, Printer, Paperwork, my carry on case is mostly full.

I know there are some headphones that can fold down into like tiny cases and shit, just not a huge amount of experience with them.
Try out the noise cancelling, i went to a bose store (w/alcohol wipes) and tried em, and it sounds great. (still ended up getting the audio technicas instead but never heard sound cancelling before).

yea sounds like you gotta condense, too bad a switch sucks as a tablet (limited browser, apps n shit).

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I'll be honest I don't travel much for work anymore. But when I did I would take my switch and my laptop. Switch gets a lot of use between airport, flights etc. Laptop for providing movies etc. Depending on how long your spending in the hotel (getting off at 5 or 6 and going straight back?) lots of decent games.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'll be honest I don't travel much for work anymore. But when I did I would take my switch and my laptop. Switch gets a lot of use between airport, flights etc. Laptop for providing movies etc. Depending on how long your spending in the hotel (getting off at 5 or 6 and going straight back?) lots of decent games.

Yeah that's pretty common, 5-6 and back to the hotel, depending on the city might wanna check out something local or grab a bite to eat but mostly just chill at the hotel.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm a home body neck beard nerd, and that for sure carries over to traveling. I'll order uber eats to my hotel room and just chill there all night.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm a home body neck beard nerd, and that for sure carries over to traveling. I'll order uber eats to my hotel room and just chill there all night.
oh yea one thing i learned about food, ask the front desk for menus and recommendation on takeout, they know.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As for cheese, it was always cheaper to buy small blocks of Cheese in Europe than it was here in the U.S. and often it was better. Still we fucking crush the Euro bros when it comes to meat, they can't hold a candle except for maybe sausages there was some kick ass sausages in Germany.

Have you ever had one of these?

1530190985678.jpeg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was always take business travel as an opportunity to get some beer tourism in. Practically everywhere has breweries these days. Sometimes I really luck out with a dope band being in town. Two weeks ago I was lucky enough to catch Adrian Belew. One time I was even able to catch a couple Phish shows. Muse another time. I've gotten lucky with that.