After Earth

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
lol at a couple good scenes in Lady in the Water and the Happening. The Wicker Man had a couple good scenes too. Those movies were piles of shit.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Huh? Karate Kid has nothing to do with Shyamalan or am I missunderstanding what you are trying to say?
Poor reading comprehension on my part. I quickly skimmed an interview with MNS where he mentioned Karate Kid and assumed he was involved somehow. You are correct; he wasn't involved.

Caliane

What blows my mind is that Smith (allegedly) approached MNS, not the other way around. Maybe he really enjoyed making Karate Kid with him or something (or enjoyed how MNS treated his son, etc)?

On the other hand maybe no other director would give the script the time of day.
Trying to get Jaden a part in the last airbender 2: Earth?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dont think that includes the marketing, I thought they spent something insane like over $100 million on marketing alone

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I dont think that includes the marketing, I thought they spent something insane like over $100 million on marketing alone
This, they never add the marketing costs to the production budgets. If its a big movie, and you've seen lots of commercials and junk, add on at least an extra 100 mil.

Homsar

Yeah from what I see the films budget was 150 million and a marketing budget of over 130 million

Szlia

Also remember that there is an additional layer of middlemen and of localization costs to take off those worldwide $$.

OneofOne

Hrm how much of that marketing budget is them charging themselves to market the film? After all, on the bigger films they charge themselves WELL over $100m just to distribute them.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Oh god, if the first one didn't bomb hard enough to rule out any possibility of them trying to do 2 more, my fucking head will explode.
Hereallyis thinking to making a sequel.

Seriously

M Night Shyamalan Confirms ?Unbreakable? Sequel And Considers Doing Another ?Avatar? Film, ?Last Airbender 2

While critics panned the film, The Last Airbender was a box office success and may yield a sequel as well.

?Yeah, I love the kind of Eastern philosophies of that. Those are costly movies to make and they take a lot of time. So, what happens is, there?s a thriller I can do pretty fast, they go quickly. And I didn?t expect to make another big movie ? I was going to make a thriller and then go make the sequel to ?Airbender.? Then I made ?After Earth,? which took a long time, so it kind of took that two-and-a-half to three-year period. So, I?m trying to sit down and see if I want to do a really small movie next.?
Gavin's head to explode in 3....2.....

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
After working with the great Mel Gibson, well , there was nowhere to go for Mr. Shamlwajoiwuouallon but down. Swing away Merril, sing away.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Hey, you can knock on this man all you want but you leave his masterpiece "Signs" and his aliens who die when they touch water twist out of this.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Signs was an awesome movie if you ignore the end. It had some great, creepy moments.

Homsar

So if you ignore A super intelligent alien species that traveled so many light years

1. Dumb enough to attack a planet with no protection that is covered in 70% water and are completely screwed if it rains
2. Best weapon is a powder that comes out of the wrist
3. Can jump over houses but are completly fucked if you put them in a pantry
4. Has traveled all this way and has invisible spaceships but their mapping system is to make signs out of crops

Pretty sure theres much more bullshit in that movie but I thought the twist was it was a group of aliens suffering from downs that like to crash birthday parties

Homsar

So at what point is it ok to start nitpicking a movie, I ignore most plot holes but apparently seeing retarded shit happen in a movie every 5 minutes im still considered a nit picking trekkie fag. I enjoyed Battleship and movies like that since they pretty much embrace plot holes but MNS actually thinks hes making something good when he is just a terrible writer/director