Age of Conan

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Age of Conan | Funcom

Played this game on launch then again about a year later when they gave you 1 free max level character, that was years ago. Anyone play this recently? I picked up the full game/expansion from a half priced books for 3.00 so I figured I would give it another go.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
AoC was featured as a central theme on a Big Bang Theory episode. Checkmate WoW.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
All I remember is tits and my class (Tempest) getting nurfed into the underworld.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I like it but not enough for a sub. Without a sub you are basically gimped since they don't have cash shop unlocks for things like AA. Funcom basically killed this game with their stupid F2P model.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
AoC was dope as fuck until you left Tortage. If I had to choose one MMO that I wish would've gotten one more year of development (and there are many) this would be it.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
PvP wise it's the greatest MMO ever made hands down. PvE wise.....ya, no. Funny tho I actually just downloaded the game and hopped on yesterday for the first time in years only to find out the game is completely dead. I was hoping to find some low level PvP in white sands but even that isn't happening anymore on any of the servers. Would be cool to get a small group of people for some low level skirmishes as I always thought it was the most fun part of the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PvP wise it's the greatest MMO ever made hands down. PvE wise.....ya, no. Funny tho I actually just downloaded the game and hopped on yesterday for the first time in years only to find out the game is completely dead. I was hoping to find some low level PvP in white sands but even that isn't happening anymore on any of the servers. Would be cool to get a small group of people for some low level skirmishes as I always thought it was the most fun part of the game.
PvP wise it wasn't anything special. At least not on launch.

I had a lot of fun playing this competitively at launch, being one of the first max-level folks on uhm, Deathwhisper? and I liked that there was literally one zone you could level quickly to cap, bringing a lot of fun PvP for a couple weeks where we would guard the resource against other groups.

But the siege mechanics and stronghold ownership was unfinished and poorly thought out. We got the first keep off of some mind-numbing PvE farming and we destroyed the first keep in a really shitty siege system.

What did they do to make it better to make it the greatest PvP MMO ever?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
PvP wise it wasn't anything special. At least not on launch.

I had a lot of fun playing this competitively at launch, being one of the first max-level folks on uhm, Deathwhisper? and I liked that there was literally one zone you could level quickly to cap, bringing a lot of fun PvP for a couple weeks where we would guard the resource against other groups.

But the siege mechanics and stronghold ownership was unfinished and poorly thought out. We got the first keep off of some mind-numbing PvE farming and we destroyed the first keep in a really shitty siege system.

What did they do to make it better to make it the greatest PvP MMO ever?
Yo PVP was awesome at launch.

Getting rooted and gunned down by rangers every five seconds until Heralds of Xotls learned charge and would pop cooldowns and would one shot you only to hide for the next 15 minutes. Tank classes going from unplayable to unkillable.

The combo system was pretty awesome and I would not mind playing a game that had something similar to it.

The game itself was utter trash past tortage, of all the MMOS I've played AoC had the biggest let down, I honestly think if it was released today lawsuits would of been filed and won. They would of atleast had to of pulled a Final Fantasy and shut down the game to work on it.