Ahsoka

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Finally watched the 1st two episodes. Ummm. I have questions. Star Wars is now brining in another galaxy? Or did I miss something along the way?
I assume that Instead of using the Unknown Regions, where the Chiss race are from and the First Order is from, they just used another Galaxy so they have full story control.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I assume that Instead of using the Unknown Regions, where the Chiss race are from and the First Order is from, they just used another Galaxy so they have full story control.
yeah, that's my guess. if they go to a new galaxy, then they have a whole new world of stories they can tell while still being connected to the skywalker saga. you know, without actually being connected to the skywalker saga. this way they can FUNCTIONALLY retcon the sequel trilogy without ACTUALLY retconning it. they can just move forward with the thrawn stuff.

i mean, i doubt it, but that's what they CAN do

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In a galaxy farther than far away there is a group called the Yedi that were all but wiped out. Now, there is a new prospect for the future. Get ready for the Waterwalker Saga!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Visiting my parents, they were watching this. The second time watching some of it, it was almost painful how much these chars just stoicly stare at things while delivering flat and uninteresting dialogue. It really slapped me across the face hard on a second watch. I can at least give this show credit that there's nothing aggressively bad yet, which makes it better than obi and boba were.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
apparently episode 5 is gonna be yuge with flashback to end of Revenge of The Sith / Order 66

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
these star wars shows usually put all their best feet forward to give you the look and feel of star wars in the first two episodes. this way the reviews are really good and draw people in the trap. then the whole thing falls flat on its face in the 3rd and 4th episodes and then tries to pick itself up by the last 2.

j00t

Visiting my parents, they were watching this. The second time watching some of it, it was almost painful how much these chars just stoicly stare at things while delivering flat and uninteresting dialogue. It really slapped me across the face hard on a second watch. I can at least give this show credit that there's nothing aggressively bad yet, which makes it better than obi and boba were.
yeah, when i watched it tuesday, i was generally pretty happy with it, but the more i reflect on it, the more the unrelenting stoicism sticks out. there's a lot about the show i liked, but it's really odd to me how different these characters are from rebels to live action. maybe it's just that dave filoni doesn't understand the nuances of directing live action? it's just so weird how EVERYONE is just stoic, to the point that good actors/actresses who could and should do more, aren't. it makes it pretty clear that it's a direction that they are being given, instead of an individual decision that they've all had collectively. ray stevenson at least is able to do more with that direction.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
yeah, when i watched it tuesday, i was generally pretty happy with it, but the more i reflect on it, the more the unrelenting stoicism sticks out. there's a lot about the show i liked, but it's really odd to me how different these characters are from rebels to live action. maybe it's just that dave filoni doesn't understand the nuances of directing live action? it's just so weird how EVERYONE is just stoic, to the point that good actors/actresses who could and should do more, aren't. it makes it pretty clear that it's a direction that they are being given, instead of an individual decision that they've all had collectively. ray stevenson at least is able to do more with that direction.

Aren't they all basically kids in "Rebels"?

• 1Like

j00t

Aren't they all basically kids in "Rebels"?
ahsoka is supposed to be like 34 by the end of rebels, hera is mid 20's, and sabine is i think 19 at the end of rebels. so sabine, yes, definitely a kid and hera is a kid to some of us 40+ adults but she also had a kid with kanan, so she's officially a milf.

edit: remember that Ezra is the same age as luke, and we've seen how old luke is roughly at this time. so while the ghost crew leaned on the young side, it's been like 10 years since the rebels show

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I like the stoicism. It's the one thing I like about Dawson's portrayal of Ahsoka. That's a temperament that fits with the whole Jedi ethos as opposed to be the hyper emotional temperament of the Sith who are all about letting your emotions guide you.

She says more with her half-smiles and glances than with her lines.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

I like the stoicism. It's the one thing I like about Dawson's portrayal of Ahsoka. That's a temperament that fits with the whole Jedi ethos as opposed to be the hyper emotional temperament of the Sith who are all about letting your emotions guide you.

to a certain degree, yes, i agree. but ahsoka was never the stoic type unless she was right in the middle of something serious. she's an atypical jedi in that sense, and that's something that really endeared her to the fans. this is also happening many years down the road for her and she's seen a lot of tragedy, so i also don't mind her becoming more stoic as she gets older. it just feels like a schism between animated and live action

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
to a certain degree, yes, i agree. but ahsoka was never the stoic type unless she was right in the middle of something serious. she's an atypical jedi in that sense, and that's something that really endeared her to the fans. this is also happening many years down the road for her and she's seen a lot of tragedy, so i also don't mind her becoming more stoic as she gets older. it just feels like a schism between animated and live action

Makes sense. 👍

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

I agree, she's not bad for the role at all. The fact that her whole supporting cast are also jedi stoics is what is really weird.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
She has been painted as stoic Ahsoka since she showed up in Rebels. Her growing up moment happened when she left the Jedi. Even in the last season of Clone Wars she wasn't as quippy and more serious.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Watched Ep 2, what a shit show. Fuck just make another cartoon and quit fucking up the Galaxy.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Just watched 2 episodes of Rebels

Jesus what a turd fest. Why did people like this?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Just watched 2 episodes of Rebels

Jesus what a turd fest. Why did people like this?
I felt the same way when it came out. Give it to about the halfway mark of season 1 and it ramps up significantly. The subsequent seasons are all a huge step up in action and importance.