Ahsoka

Izo

Tranny Chaser
3.29 star(s) Rating: 3.29/5 7 Votes
Title: Ahsoka

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni

Cast: Rosario Dawson, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Ivanna Sakhno, Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Izo

Tranny Chaser
9925074B-256C-411E-A0EF-467C11C00C91.jpeg

Randoms

Not much info yet, no trailer. Better not suck.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
At first I saw the name as Ashoka. So I thought it was something Japanese. But I guess not. Also, Rosario was gorgeous a few years ago. I haven't seen her since Dare Devil, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
At first I saw the name as Ashoka. So I thought it was something Japanese. But I guess not. Also, Rosario was gorgeous a few years ago. I haven't seen her since Dare Devil, though.
1642965825630.png

Ah sooo kaaa. Also I vanna Sakh no. Someone at Disney is having a blast.

Last edited:

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
View attachment 394515

Randoms

Not much info yet, no trailer. Better not suck.

So there's a gonna be a tie-in with the Obiwan series somehow too:

Hayden Christiansen will also return to play Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in the series, reprising his role from the Star Wars prequels Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. (Since Ahsoka takes place five years after Return of the Jedi, which saw the demise of Darth Vader, it’s assumed that Anakin will appear in flashbacks.)

I never caught the Clone Wars series, did Hayden voice Anakin then too?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I never caught the Clone Wars series, did Hayden voice Anakin then too?
No he didnt, it was Matt Lanter as I recall. And the tie in to Kenobi is, at this point, a very loose one with Hayden featuring in both, which makes a ton of sense as Kenobi's padawan and Ahsoka as Anakin's. There should be almost 20 years gap between the two series, Ahsoka should center very much around she and Sabine tracking down Thrawn and Ezra.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Anakin's role would most likely be flashbacks, and if they're gonna have flashbacks a large part of them would go back to the Clone Wars era. Though they did canonize Anakin's force ghost at the end of RoTJ, I doubt Filoni would go that way. Establishing Ahsoka's past as Anakin's Padawan for folks who didn't watch Clone Wars is something they would have to do eventually, and that's the ideal place to bring in Hayden.

• 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
For the record, although there are a few clunker episodes each of the first 4 seasons, the animated Clone Wars is exceedingly well worth a watch through, especially all the Maul centric and Ahsoka development centric episodes. Do the chronological watch through here. The final four episodes of the series they recently released about the Siege of Mandalore is about as good as Star Wars has ever been if not the best. It is completely insane how good a character Ahsoka is considering how rocky a start she had. She is locked in in my top 2 with Obi-Wan. Now would be a great time to catch up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It is completely insane how good a character Ahsoka is considering how rocky a start she had.
That's how brilliant a writer/showrunner Filoni is. He wrote her so that people would hate her at first and they did, but as she learned her lessons (often at a serious cost) she grew as a character and people fell in love with her.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I only watched Clone Wars last year and loved it, lot of goofy ass episodes and the show is aimed at kids for the most part but its enjoyable. Rebels is definitely worth a watch after, I liked it even more than Clone Wars and it probably has even more tie-ins to the new live shows than Clone Wars.

The original clone wars animated shorts done by Tartakovsky at the same time the prequel movies were coming out, no longer really canon since they conflict heavily with storylines now, are also on Disney+ and worth a watch. Very short but very neat stuff revolving around Grievous.

Rosario Dawson is killing it, I'm watching the OG Netflix Marvel shows right now (Daredevil, Defenders, Punisher) and Rosario Dawson appears in all of them as a medical character. Now she's gonna be playing what i think will become a fan favorite in live action Star Wars, and I wouldn't be surprised in a few years if there is an Avengers-style massive crossover with Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, etc.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Something about Rosario as Ahsoka doesnt work for me. Maybe its the age? Its kind of an uncanny valley feeling whenever I look at her as Ahsoka.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Something about Rosario as Ahsoka doesnt work for me. Maybe its the age? Its kind of an uncanny valley feeling whenever I look at her as Ahsoka.
Kinda how I felt too. Granted I never watched the clone wars or ever cared about this character. But it also just felt like she didn’t fit in live action.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rosario is cute, i dont know what Ahsoka is supposed to be outside of her Mando appearance, so whatever. she's cute. i will watch her show or at least give it a looksee for a few episodes.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Rosario is cute, i dont know what Ahsoka is supposed to be outside of her Mando appearance, so whatever. she's cute. i will watch her show or at least give it a looksee for a few episodes.
swcc-the-clone-wars-panel-tall-A.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kinda how I felt too. Granted I never watched the clone wars or ever cared about this character. But it also just felt like she didn’t fit in live action.
Togruta look weird in motion, and they went ultra cheap on her fight choreography compared to what her character has traditionally been capable of. The idea of a non force-sensitive being able to go toe to toe with her just because they had a beskar spear was utterly laughable, she could probably out-duel Luke at this point in the timeline if it were just lightsabers, or at least fight him to a draw.

They had a Togruta master during the prequels but I think they either never showed her in combat or she was one of the ones who died instantly to Sidious/Order 66. I think if they brought Hera to live action (the Twi'lek from Rebels) she probably wouldn't look right either.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They had a Togruta master during the prequels but I think they either never showed her in combat or she was one of the ones who died instantly to Sidious/Order 66. I think if they brought Hera to live action (the Twi'lek from Rebels) she probably wouldn't look right either.
That was Shaak Ti. She was one of the main Clone Trooper trainers and had a decent amount of stuff in the old EU.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Come on. If I can get over her debuting in some Jay-Z music videos as a kid and her getting her start in the entertainment industry as a thot rap groupie, rather than some legitimate acting gigs, then surely you guys can get over this "not working for me" thing for other reasons.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Come on. If I can get over her debuting in some Jay-Z music videos as a kid and her getting her start in the entertainment industry as a thot rap groupie, rather than some legitimate acting gigs, then surely you guys can get over this "not working for me" thing for other reasons.
i dont even give a shit that she was a beard girlfriend for our faggot NJ senator. that tells me she really gives no fucks so she will be whatever you want her to be. i like her in the movies ive seen her in. good for her she gets her own Disney show. not sure if thats an upgrade from movies or a downgrade.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i dont even give a shit that she was a beard girlfriend for our faggot NJ senator. that tells me she really gives no fucks so she will be whatever you want her to be. i like her in the movies ive seen her in. good for her she gets her own Disney show. not sure if thats an upgrade from movies or a downgrade.

While she's talented enough to book those big roles, Disney was a bit of a lifeline. It happened at the right time in her career. She's past the Scarjo danger zone and won't have to worry about freaking out the phone stopped ringing for those leading lady roles on the silverscreen. And that's not a knock on appearances, just commentary on the casting directors of big movies. You level up and level out. The big screen hasn't made a lot of room for women of a certain age.

• 1Picard
TV show information provided by The Movie Database