Ahsoka

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watching it now, already dont like how they introduced another macguffin in opening sprawl

Lol Sabine Wren looks almost identical to the 🐕 💓 💦

First episode was ok, dragged a bit during the middle. I wasn't compelled to immediately put on the second episode, would rather walk to the gym and train but will watch it this evening. So draw your own conclusions from that.

and that better not be another non fatal saber wound lmao

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
First episode dragged, was hard to finish, second episode went much better, I almost didn't put on the 2nd ep. Then was surprised it finished so quickly.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
first episode i was waiting for the giant boulder to roll after Ahsoka. lol, originality is dead. it looks fun at least. only a few girlbosses so far.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These were great episodes. I know very little about the Rebels stuff and I was still hooked. Lots of good action and Chop was hilarious. This already might be the best Star Wars show, and actually felt like Star Wars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Pretty brazen how openly antisemitic that second episode was.
1692806438158.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Predictable plot but still entertaining. First episode is standered on the rails story.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Enjoyed episodes 1&2. Some quibbles, but entertaining. Enjoyed a few Easter eggs for those that have watched Clone Wars and Rebels as well. Filoni better not blow this with the last 6 episodes.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
as a show rated purely on it's own, i liked it, i thought it was good. not perfect, but worth the watch. rated as a disney+ show this was damn near perfect.

i know a lot of people thought it had moments where it dragged a bit, but i didn't think so. andor had similar criticisms in that regard and i didn't mind that either. i enjoy a show that isn't afraid to take it's time instead of game of thrones season 8 type teleporting around the world and problem solving.

one of the things that sort of stuck out in my head, though, is in episode 2 when... well it's not a huge spoiler, but
when ahsoka and hera go inspect elsbeth's recycled factory and a) NONE of the background workers are doing anything. they are literally all just standing there staring at ahsoka, hera, and the foreman or whatever his position was. there's apparently SOOOOOO much work that needs to be done that they couldn't just scrap it all and needed ex-imperials to on the payroll but none of them actually have to do any work, lol. and b) when they sudden but inevitable betray ahsoka and hera, they don't even ATTEMPT to arrest them. they just full on murderhobo the room. like, even the last guy who ahsoka uses the force on to lift his arm up so he can't shoot anyone or probably even move, hera is like, so anyway i started blasting.

it really had no impact on the plot or anything, it just stood out as kinda silly.

i LOVE that baylon and shin are seemingly big parts of this show. i was always worried they wouldn't show up until halfway through and we'd just get noname inquisitors and cannon fodder driods till they showed up to ramp up the threat. i LOVE ray stevenson so i'm glad they are actually using him, instead of just his name, you know?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoy how many POWERFUL FEMALES this show features. 5? in the first two episodes? Very cool...very cool...

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
GIRLS GETTING IT DONE. Not great, not terrible so far. My 3 girls like it - Sabine, the catbird and the r2 with hands were hits. I live with retards.

So what cartoon show do we watch now? rebels or clone?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

I really enjoy how many POWERFUL FEMALES this show features. 5? in the first two episodes? Very cool...very cool...
on paper i agree with you. but this being based on characters that we've already seen changes my viewpoint on it. technically the only NEW female character we've seen is shin hati, right? morgan elsbeth is newish, we've seen her in mando, so i suppose you could argue that she was purposefully made to be a female to show off how strong women are, but she's a nightsister. i know they just officially revealed that, but that's not new to her character. i think it was her make up artist on mando that posted a picture on instagram and specifically said that morgan was a nightsister, she removed the post within 12 hours i think?

with ahsoka being around since 2008, and hera and sabine being from rebels (which they were the only females of the crew) and DEFINITELY not being marysues, i don't feel like it's just an attempt to show that "the force is female" nonsense. i suppose if you never watched the cartoons (i never watched rebels, outside of clips here and there) you could feel like they're just throwing a bunch of women on screen to be badasses, but i also think they're doing a pretty good job of showing how much the "heroes" have messed up. ahsoka is emotionally kind of a mess and has awful people skills, probably trauma from the clone wars and anakin turning to vader, and sabine has skills, but as repeatedly failed in clinching the win. they've also kind of subtly/not so subtly showed that sabine just has no idea who she is. is she a mandalorian? is she a jedi? is she a leader? she failed in each one of those areas in just the first episode.

hera, is probably the one doing the best out of all of them, but i don't think we've had enough screen time with her as anything other than just "General Syndulla" you know? she hasn't had any story really devoted to her

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Overall found the show sufficient. My largest criticism (that happens in a bunch of shows) is that some events and choice happen in order to allow the plot to continue, not because they make a whole lot of sense.

For example: In Clone Wars we see all the Jedi jump from fast flying ships at various points, straight into combat, but this time, when Sabine is getting impaled by a lightsaber, they are going to slow down, and fully land 100 yards away?

Also calling Sabine a Padawan and making it seem like she is a Jedi in training rustled me a bit, as it does not jive with what was set up in Rebels. If she was force sensitive at all, Kanan or at least Bendu would have noticed when they were trying to teach her to use a saber.

Last edited:

Merrith

If they had tried to diminish Stevenson at all, would be more of a legit problem. He comes off seeming the most badass of all the mains so far. Treating the idea of killing Ahsoka as a shame b/c there's so few Jedi left like they're some cute little pet you'd like to leave 1 or 2 around for kicks. Having to save Morgann.

That and the fact every character is desperately seeking either Thrawn or Ezra.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
it was nice seeing galactic war criminal Chopper in live action. he's second only to R2 when it comes to droid induced body counts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Overall found the show sufficient. My largest criticism (that happens in a bunch of shows) is that some events and choice happen in order to allow the plot to continue, not because they make a whole lot of sense.

For example: In Clone Wars we see all the Jedi jump from fast flying ships at various points, straight into combat, but this time, when Sabine is getting impaled by a lightsaber, they are going to slow down, and fully land 100 yards away?

Also calling Sabine a Padawan and making it seem like she is a Jedi in training rustled me a bit. As it does not jive with what was set up in rebels. If she was force sensitive at all, Kanan or at least Bendu would have noticed when they were trying to teach her to use a saber.
with the landing 100 yards away thing... some of it is hard because i can't quite get an accurate scale for how big that ship is, but it shows the ship getting close enough for the spotlight to hit pretty bright, which ultimately scares shin off. then it shows ahsoka running from what seems to be roughly 20 yards or so? and while it doesn't quite jive with what we've seen them do in the cartoons, like you said jumping from ship to ship and then landing a 300ft jump, i feel like the more they lean into stuff like that, the more silly it would look. it looks great in stylistic cartoons but not so great in live action. i mean in normal clone wars episodes, ahsoka is doing triple spin backflips from a standing position all while deflecting blaster shots mid air. humans can't do that so trying to do that in live action just invites criticism.

and with sabine not being force sensitive... i think there's a difference between "force sensitive" and being sensitive enough to train as a jedi. and with huyang basically telling her that in ALL his years he's never seen a padawan with LESS force sensitivity as sabine, doesn't interfere at all with why kanan and bendu never remarked at her force sensitivity.

i very much got the impression that she wasn't being trained LIKE a jedi, per se, because there's just a ton of things that she won't be able to do. but rather, she's being trained AS a jedi. so more the knowledge and philosophy aspects of things. i mean, you could argue that only jedi and sith can effectively use lightsabers, that's only true... from a certain point of view =D

someone who's able to use the force will have a bit of precognition and can use that to aid in fighting/deflecting blaster bolts, but there are all kinds of humans on earth who are/were brilliant at swordplay. she'd be at a DISTINCT disadvantage against a force user, but we saw what happens when she went up against one. shin was just toying with her the entire time.

• 1Like

Burns

with the landing 100 yards away thing... some of it is hard because i can't quite get an accurate scale for how big that ship is, but it shows the ship getting close enough for the spotlight to hit pretty bright, which ultimately scares shin off. then it shows ahsoka running from what seems to be roughly 20 yards or so? and while it doesn't quite jive with what we've seen them do in the cartoons, like you said jumping from ship to ship and then landing a 300ft jump, i feel like the more they lean into stuff like that, the more silly it would look. it looks great in stylistic cartoons but not so great in live action. i mean in normal clone wars episodes, ahsoka is doing triple spin backflips from a standing position all while deflecting blaster shots mid air. humans can't do that so trying to do that in live action just invites criticism.

and with sabine not being force sensitive... i think there's a difference between "force sensitive" and being sensitive enough to train as a jedi. and with huyang basically telling her that in ALL his years he's never seen a padawan with LESS force sensitivity as sabine, doesn't interfere at all with why kanan and bendu never remarked at her force sensitivity.

i very much got the impression that she wasn't being trained LIKE a jedi, per se, because there's just a ton of things that she won't be able to do. but rather, she's being trained AS a jedi. so more the knowledge and philosophy aspects of things. i mean, you could argue that only jedi and sith can effectively use lightsabers, that's only true... from a certain point of view =D

someone who's able to use the force will have a bit of precognition and can use that to aid in fighting/deflecting blaster bolts, but there are all kinds of humans on earth who are/were brilliant at swordplay. she'd be at a DISTINCT disadvantage against a force user, but we saw what happens when she went up against one. shin was just toying with her the entire time.
Sure, trying to copy too much of the flourishes from the cartoon would look odd, but in the next episode they have Ahsoka make a 100 foot jump from the control tower at the shipyard.

So they could have easily done something cool looking (like a 100 foot fall from a speeding ship into a roll and lightsaber strike), if they wanted to, but then it would have been harder/impossible for the Sith girl to get away. Hell, there are a bunch of ways that the scene could have gone that fit much better and didn't look like it was done just for the Sith girl's plot armor.