Ahsoka

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Blew off work for a bit and watched it.

Loved the Chimaera introduction along with the creepy semi-decrepit stormtrooper crew. I think Thrawn's uniform was more over-starched and not so much attempting to cover up a gut. It looks like they're maintaining Thrawn as heavily strategic and a tireless student of his enemies, which is in keeping with what I remember from the old Zahn books.

If the new ewoks hermit crab people end up beating up the bad guys with ropes, logs, and small rocks, I can finally cut this shit loose for good.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dig how, though? They are in another galaxy and Ahsoka will be there next episode. Maybe they will insert a line about already having the brief on Ashoka done.

It's a small nitpick that I doubt will be addressed, but I found it to be one of the sillier parts of the episode.
Eh, you are thinking about a little thing too much. I mean I don't expect an actual scene of Elsbeth in a library somewhere digging for info.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sabine had Thrawn inches from her. why not whip out some weapons and kill him or kick him in the nuts? otherwise good episode. who is Ezra to Sabine? ex boyfriend? why didnt she jump on his dick the moment she saw him? is space kissing not allowed anymore since the OT/PT?

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So how
That was the Trawn of the Clone Wars, this is 30(?) years later.

Also, Thrawn asks for a full write up on Ahsoka. Do they keep a full imperial database on every ship? I thought they had whole planets full of data servers for all the data that is produced in the Galaxy.

theyll just use chatgpt to write a report on ahsoka

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's hard to take Thrawn seriously as a bad guy or master strategist when his very first plan/plot released Sabine and allowed her to survive.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's hard to take Thrawn seriously as a bad guy or master strategist when his very first plan/plot released Sabine and allowed her to survive.
What? He let her go to find Ezra, then immediately turns around and tells Baylon to follow and take care of them. Then also sends squads of stormtroopers. Obviously he is using her to draw out Ezra. Also he doesn't even really give a fuck cuz they are leaving and doesn't mind stranding them in this galaxy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What? He let her go to find Ezra, then immediately turns around and tells Baylon to follow and take care of them. Then also sends squads of stormtroopers. Obviously he is using her to draw out Ezra. Also he doesn't even really give a fuck cuz they are leaving and doesn't mind stranding them in this galaxy.

If he doesn't give a fuck, he should kill Sabine on the spot and leave Ezra stranded and none the wiser

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I took it as a test for Pullo and his blonde meth-head apprentice. If they returned with Ezra and Sabine's heads, Thrawn will be in a position to trust them and incorporate them into his "dwindling" ranks. If they fail, oh well - they can kill each other or stay stranded there until they rot. Of course, neither of those things will happen because TV show.

• 1Jonesing

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
But how hard was it to find Ezra on a desolate planet with almost no humanoids? It's not like he was on the other side of the planet. He was within 50 miles just chilling out with the snail people.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
But how hard was it to find Ezra on a desolate planet with almost no humanoids? It's not like he was on the other side of the planet. He was within 50 miles just chilling out with the snail people.
No humanoids? Sabine gets jumped by bandits and runs into a village of Noti all within your 50 miles. That and Ezra even states they don't stay in one spot long.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I took it as a test for Pullo and his blonde meth-head apprentice. If they returned with Ezra and Sabine's heads, Thrawn will be in a position to trust them and incorporate them into his "dwindling" ranks. If they fail, oh well - they can kill each other or stay stranded there until they rot. Of course, neither of those things will happen because TV show.
He already considers Baylon flawed since he was a former Jedi. He will never trust him. He truly doesn't give a fuck if he comes back. He already has the Nightsisters and whatever undead army I think he is loading.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He already considers Baylon flawed since he was a former Jedi. He will never trust him. He truly doesn't give a fuck if he comes back. He already has the Nightsisters and whatever undead army I think he is loading.
I was assuming that those are the bodies of former Night Sisters and part of the bargain that he made with the sisters, not for his use.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was assuming that those are the bodies of former Night Sisters and part of the bargain that he made with the sisters, not for his use.
In the animated shows, they ressurected the bodies into zombies. Once a Nightsister is dead, they are truly dead. Some became spirits that could take over bodies, like Marrick and probably most of those Stormtroopers. Filoni will probably mix and match stuff. I do wonder what Thrawn promised the Nightsisters. It could just be a ride to the other galaxy though. We haven't seen more than those 3, so not sure how many are actually there.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No humanoids? Sabine gets jumped by bandits and runs into a village of Noti all within your 50 miles. That and Ezra even states they don't stay in one spot long.
i did say almost no humanoids. . there are some bandits and the snail people. but on a planet there are maybe a few hundred? lets say there are a thousand on the entire planet. thats still doable, i bet they could differentiate a snailperson or the red sand people from a regular human. but alright. i'm nit picking and you get very defensive about it. Sabine's little ass was featured this week and that makes me happy. the space witches are stupid.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sabine had Thrawn inches from her. why not whip out some weapons and kill him or kick him in the nuts? otherwise good episode. who is Ezra to Sabine? ex boyfriend? why didnt she jump on his dick the moment she saw him? is space kissing not allowed anymore since the OT/PT?
Sabine isn't suicidal? She just gave Thrawn his escape to find Ezra. Why would she risk it now?

Sabine and Ezra never had any real romantic involvement on Rebels. They are more like brother/sister. Filoni did that on purpose to show males and females could be just friends. Even the Hera and Kanan relationship was soo in the background the crew makes a big deal of them kissing in the final season. More shocking was the Jacen reveal, pretty much confirming they had been boning for awhile.

The main reason for Sabine'a obsession was the message Ezra left for Sabine. He sacrificed himself for them and asked her to come find him after.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
If the new ewoks hermit crab people end up beating up the bad guys with ropes, logs, and small rocks, I can finally cut this shit loose for good.
Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sabine isn't suicidal? She just gave Thrawn his escape to find Ezra. Why would she risk it now?

Sabine and Ezra never had any real romantic involvement on Rebels. They are more like brother/sister. Filoni did that on purpose to show males and females could be just friends. Even the Hera and Kanan relationship was soo in the background the crew makes a big deal of them kissing in the final season. More shocking was the Jacen reveal, pretty much confirming they had been boning for awhile.

The main reason for Sabine'a obsession was the message Ezra left for Sabine. He sacrificed himself for them and asked her to come find him after.
well, thanks for answerig my question. i figured they were fucking because Sabine committed a pretty serious betrayal just to be with him. also the coke fiend blonde became very chatty this week. i dont think she ever talked this much before in any of the other 5 episodes combined. maybe thats foreshadowing.
oh and Baylan is the best actor for this show. i think they gave him all the most tragic hero lines. which i do believe is serious foreshadowing about his story arc.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Oh and I'm honestly so over mandalorian plot armor, that shit was lame in mandalorian series

Fadaar

That guy
Baylan is like a better version of Anakin as far as how he turned out. Thrawn referred to him as General so that puts him on par with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, etc. That means 25+ years prior to the show he was already a badass but was smart enough to know that the Jedi were a failing sect of religious zealots on their last legs when the big 66 happened. Would be really cool if they'd expand on his backstory in this show but I doubt they will other than maybe a few passing sentences of dialog.

• 1Like