Ahsoka

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Out of curiosity, how old where you guys when when you first got infatuated with star wars.

I was 10.

I am having Trouble with the train of thoughts "i dont like it, this is a kids show, not for adults" when the vast majority of us fell in love with This Galaxy as Pre Teens.

Like no shit its for kids....it always was...
i went to see Star Wars in 77. the very first movie i saw in the theater. i was 5 going on. Star wars is not a kids film.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i went to see Star Wars in 77. the very first movie i saw in the theater. i was 6. Star wars is not a kids film.
Are you guys totally glossing over the fact that the reason Lucas made a shitload of money is toys? Star Wars made over 100 million in 1977 off toys. Adjusted for inflation that's over 500 million now. Saying this shit isn't for kids is just playing dumb to fit your agenda.

Edit: To put that in even more perspective A New Hope cost 11 million to make.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are you guys totally glossing over the fact that the reason Lucas made a shitload of money is toys? Star Wars made over 100 million in 1977 off toys. Adjusted for inflation that's over 500 million now. Saying this shit isn't for kids is just playing dumb to fit your agenda.

Edit: To put that in even more perspective A New Hope cost 11 million to make.
its not a kids film, either your memory is flawed or you're being pedantic. star wars didnt have a toy line planned. they had a demand due to the film's success. then they released toys the next year. the content is also not for children. later with ROTJ, yes, it was stupid ewok shit. the orginal is just a movie for all ages to enjoy.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Out of curiosity, how old where you guys when when you first got infatuated with star wars.

I was 10.

I am having Trouble with the train of thoughts "i dont like it, this is a kids show, not for adults" when the vast majority of us fell in love with This Galaxy as Pre Teens.

Like no shit its for kids....it always was...

Even as a younger person I always thought star wars was cheesy popcorn flick sci fi. Entertaining but nothing special. Really no different than early arnold/slyvester action flicks. All confirmed as they couldn't get past this with pumping a gazillion bucks into the prequels/sequels. Why it took off like it did I have no idea.

The only good high quality entertainment to come out of the starwars IP is 'Andor'. Everything else is mediocre at best, and trash for retards at worst.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its not a kids film, either your memory is flawed or you're being pedantic. star wars didnt have a toy line planned. they had a demand due to the film's success. then they released toys the next year. the content is also not for children. later with ROTJ, yes, it was stupid ewok shit. the orginal is just a movie for all ages to enjoy.
Lol there are darker Disney films, like Bambi. That was for adults right.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Chukzombi Chukzombi made a couple of well thought out posts these last few days. I refrained from commenting because I knew it couldn't last

Well, here we are, normal service has been resumed.

Oldbased

> Than U
My brother snuck me into the theater on opening night of a new hope I believe in 77. I was only like 5.
Yes I am reaching the age where gone too soon is replaced with he lived a good life when I am decaying away.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nothing says wholesome children's film like piles of dead jawas, the burning skeletal remains of your aunt and uncle, and amputing aliens arms with laser swords.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Nothing says wholesome children's film like piles of dead jawas, the burning skeletal remains of your aunt and uncle, and amputing aliens arms with laser swords.
No one had ANY idea what to expect. It was before anyone had seen it and any media buzz from a person/producing studio no one really knew.
Back then though, having a brother 7 years older meant if he wanted to go someplace, the little brother has to tag along.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While I agree A New Hope was not written to be a "kids" movie, the whole fantasy is about being a space wizard with a laser sword. Of course kids ate that shit up.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Kids movies used to have a lot more tragedy in them anyway. Then we become pussies who think kids can't even read about nazis.

The Sound of Music?

Also remember how many kids got fucked up in Willy Wonka? That shit was scary.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

1695947623908.png

Is that 4 space pens in 2 shirt pockets?

NERD.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

That Artax scene used to make me bawl as a little kid

80s did have some top quality "we're going to traumatize you/fuck with your emotions" movies, but Pixar was also pretty good with that in the past. The opening to Up and the scene in InsideOut where they try to escape the pit were pretty effective. Especially Up - I'm pretty sure that emotionally hit adults harder than kids who watched that intro scene.