AI images

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Are the framey bits different on all the cards? I've never really looked at magic cards. Seems like you could just make a template in an art program.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm trying to get Midjourney to create fantasy art in a Magic the Gathering style which includes the card "frame". Using "in the style of Magic the Gathering" sometimes works, but often it does not. Any hints on what a good prompt would be to always generate the frame?

Use a double colon prompt modifier. It's doing it fairly consistently with the prompt below, the ::2 means it heavily factors that particular keyword into the image. You can use negative values to get rid of something too.

a magic the gathering game card featuring an elven princess holding a pineapple, card frame::2

1683354515578.jpeg

1683354537660.jpeg

• 10Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I realized having it render the frame along with the image isn't a great idea. Ideally, you'd have a standard set of frames that you'd then wrap around whatever image. Any thoughts on prompts for creating JUST the frame, and specifying specific symbols to indicate abilities, etc?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I realized having it render the frame along with the image isn't a great idea. Ideally, you'd have a standard set of frames that you'd then wrap around whatever image. Any thoughts on prompts for creating JUST the frame, and specifying specific symbols to indicate abilities, etc?

I'd suggest using an example frame (with no picture/text) and using it as a prompt for new generations, or using it with /describe and going off those prompts. Use a low stylize modifier ( e.g. --s 20 ) to make it stick more closely to the prompt and not freestyle too much.

You're probably going to have to use photoshop if you want to use the same frame with multiple center images or other varying symbols, it's going to be impossible to get it to not alter the frame and still generate different center images.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
There are MTG card making websites where you enter the text etc yourself.

So just use ChatGPT for a text output of the card details, Midjourney for the art, and then input it into the website.

If you want a bespoke card game, it'll be best just to generate a card frame in Midjourney then put it into photoshop as a layer.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Er…this is kinda bullshit, no? Midjourney could definitely produce images like that five months ago. Hell, we’ve got many of them posted here.
Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn would you mind running one for me?

UFC Dana White smiling with dollar signs in his eyes

It's probably a bit of a stretch, maybe a month or two. You should try the Dana White with dollar signs again. I wonder how much better it's gotten with prompts.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It's probably a bit of a stretch, maybe a month or two. You should try the Dana White with dollar signs again. I wonder how much better it's gotten with prompts.
I haven’t paid for it in months myself, wonder if anyone here still is.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I still have a sub. Tried the Dana White thing, putting dollar signs in eyes is still not something I can get it to do. If you take a step back and work around what it can't do, you can get a different kind of image that tells the same story though. If there's any artistry to this, it's working around the limitations to get a useable result. I don't watch wrestling or whatever it is he does so I am not too familiar with his face, so I am not sure how close the likeness is.

1683960002936.jpeg

1683960017255.jpeg
1683959982389.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Some guy is using ai to scam retarded coomers;

• 1Like