Aion 2

Uriel

Vyemm Raider
2,511
3,711
I'm reading that they've removed a lot of the p2w for global? If that's true then I might be back in for launch.
 

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
10,495
16,429
Think this releasing at an awkward time. Too short of window before wowforever imo… late summer was the move
 

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,882
3,111
Eh, a month is fine. Probably what most people will do and quit. Given most korean games. Even if it does surprise, you can easily play both. I do agree though an earlier release would of got them much more, but hey hindsight is 20/20. I expect quite a few games to take a hit population wise come nov 5th.

I had fun on the test, so bought the cheapest pack for now. The other stuff in the higher packs didnt interest me, and if I want an outfit or some wings, ill just buy ones I like.
 

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
1,341
679
I'm doing Asmodian on the Israphel server. I will be on 24/7 the first week or so and in Discord for anyone that wants to join.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,882
3,111
Was that the east one? I can't give up the ping I had on siel(west one). Was sub 25ms for 98% of the time, with a few spikes to 40ish.
 

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
1,341
679
Was that the east one? I can't give up the ping I had on siel(west one). Was sub 25ms for 98% of the time, with a few spikes to 40ish.
It was on beta but not sure if they are going to keep the same naming convention. I played Israphel in Aion 1, so nostalgia means I'll pick it regardless of ping.

Why the fuck are the servers in Oregon and Virginia?
NCSOFT Things.
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
8,295
7,115
I reinstalled the TW client to continue getting familiar with the Asmo side and noticed something interesting; you can't gather materials until your 45. I guess that will hit Global at some point too.

Also, going from 34ms to 150+ was awful. I did cheat and use the catchup event stuff to clear all the feathers, sealed dungeons and strongholds. The 2 attack speed nodes on the first Daev board really helped smooth out the Ranger macro I was using.
 

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,882
3,111
I reinstalled the TW client to continue getting familiar with the Asmo side and noticed something interesting; you can't gather materials until your 45. I guess that will hit Global at some point too.

Shocked they didnt move that to global to go along with the no p2p trading. I saw a clip of early korean or tw and it was just a huge congo line of bots going to gather nodes.

We'll see how it is here. The no p2p trading worked in bdo, but that also had market where prices were not set by players but by the market itself. So you couldn't take a simple cheap item, put a ridiculous price on it, then your rmt currency seller buys it to basically transfer currency. I didn't touch the market in this game, but I assume like most players set prices and you can set extremes if you want.
 

Uriel

Vyemm Raider
2,511
3,711
Shocked they didnt move that to global to go along with the no p2p trading. I saw a clip of early korean or tw and it was just a huge congo line of bots going to gather nodes.

We'll see how it is here. The no p2p trading worked in bdo, but that also had market where prices were not set by players but by the market itself. So you couldn't take a simple cheap item, put a ridiculous price on it, then your rmt currency seller buys it to basically transfer currency. I didn't touch the market in this game, but I assume like most players set prices and you can set extremes if you want.

I'd take BDO's trade and market price restrictions in any game over the rampant bots and RMT'ing everywhere. BDO still has a piloting issue, but it's nothing like other games.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
8,295
7,115
It might be worthwhile to make a few characters to 45, then come back after the lvl50 cap just to soak up the Growth / catch-up goodies. You get so much from those various paths, one for free and the rest are paid.

Pre-load starts tomorrow morning. Still no official word on when the servers will open up, but it looks like either 8am CST or 10am CST. Hoping for 10am so I can get some work done before no-lifing the next 5 days.
 

Zindan

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
8,295
7,115
Oof. The lvl45-50 area/msq is gated by gear, lol. Getting to that point naturally requires a really heavy investment.
 

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,882
3,111
Ah, nothing shocking to me. I still play bdo and things locked behind a gear score is pretty normal. Maybe its a korean thing.

Granted tying the MSQ to one seems odd, but I cant really say I am surprised. Maybe it will be different for us. I was reading round and seems a lot of the KR requirements for things are lower for global? Probably in line with seemingly nerfing the overall power of everything.
 

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,882
3,111
Is the move getting a few chars to max first then pushing gs on main?

I've seen some advice that as soon as you get one to 20, get at least another to 20 to start that energy regen, then back to main. I will play a lot, but I dont tend to super min/max to the degree some will. Which if I had played KR/TW and did all this already I can understand why.

I plan to do an archer and chanter at least. Then maybe a glad and cleric.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user