Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Air (2023)

Tagline: Courting a legend.

Genre: Drama

Director: Ben Affleck

Cast: Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jason Bateman, Chris Messina, Matthew Maher, Marlon Wayans, Chris Tucker, Viola Davis, Gustaf Skarsgård, Julius Tennon, Jessica Green, Tom Papa, Joel Gretsch

Release: 2023-04-05

Runtime: 112

Plot: The story of Nike’s longshot effort to sign rising superstar basketball player Michael Jordan to its shoe company in the mid-1980s, an endorsement that seemed impossible at the time but which, thanks to the maverick sneaker salesman Sonny Vaccarro, would become the most significant relationship between an athletic brand and an athlete of all time.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
So a movie based around Michael Jordon without featuring Michael Jordon?

488E6077-ECDD-4C4B-84AC-73C973451B40.gif

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I feel young, old and dumb. Jordans were made before he went to the NBA?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Maybe they should go back to remakes and capeshit. This looks horrible.

• 1Garbage

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
whypeepo movie about 1 black athlete w/ near zero screen time

you know whats more interesting? 2 famous black athetes in the 80s same name, different way of saying it

michael tyson
mike jordan

spronk

FPS noob
whypeepo movie about 1 black athlete w/ near zero screen time

you know whats more interesting? 2 famous black athetes in the 80s same name, different way of saying it

michael tyson
mike jordan

they could call it Ear and make it about Mike Tyson and Holyfield

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Mike Tyson show on Hulu was really well done. I recommend it.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'd like to see an epic style movie like this, with top tier actors, same kinda happy smiles and epic music, but about the saga of shifting all production to asian children slave labor

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if they'll cover all of the black on black crime back in the '90s of shooting joggers over their shoes? I guess Hollywood really is intellectually bankrupt at this point.

I don't know maybe they're ironically pointing out Nike and their slave labor, and it's horrible influence over jogger culture. Who cares I'll never watch this, pretty much like anything else nowadays.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Out on Prime and all the usual sites.

Great movie, really enjoyed it. The soundtrack is fantastic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This was ok - like the recent TV series about The Godfather it suffers from knowing how the story ends

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched this tonight and I really liked it. Kinda like "The Big Short" for basketball shoes. Good story at least.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
This was ok - like the recent TV series about The Godfather it suffers from knowing how the story ends
I will never understand while movies try and create dramatic tension out of shit like will Michael Jordan sign with Nike.... get better writers. I know Chewie and Han live through Solo so there is 0 tension in a scene with chewing dangling off a train
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

I did like the movie though as the how was unknown to me, but just stop hanging your hats on bs

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wait, are you saying that Nike Air Jordan's are an actual item and have been since the mid 80's? Color me confused.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database