Aladdin (2019)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
vN6biZB.gif

Ahahaha

7vZXYJY.jpg

Wow, I just assumed they were going with a CGI genie and Will Smith would do the voice. I was okay with that, Will Smith's voice and vocal mannerisms would be good for the Genie. But literally just having him be a guy in weird clothes? The fuck? That is dog shit, lol.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing they're going to try it the way it's done on broadway. It works on broadway so we'll see. I'm a little disappointed as I thought they would take a page out of the Jungle Book, Lion King, Dumbo book and bring a little of that level CGI into it to make the genie a little more "bigger than life". Maybe they still will but my excitement has been pulled back a bit after seeing this...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jasmine's tits aren't big enough to distract us from the snake charmer and his drug dealing "genie"

This is making me hope Jafar wins.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I guess we should be thankful that the casting of Will Smith didn't also get one (or both) of his kids leading roles. This is guaranteed to be bad. hard pass

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bricktop

Trakanon Raider
Jasmine is the chick from the new power rangers that had her ass hole leaked in one of the fappenings?
Guess they were fakes. I had to go back and look cause I miss remembered. :(

• 2Like

Szlia

For a good moment of WTF I invite you to check the wikipedia page on Aladdin. The story is actually not part of the 1001 Nights, it was added to it by the french translator in the 18th century, based on a tale by a Syrian storyteller. The only sources in arabic that mention Aladdin have been established to be forgeries or translation of the french text! To make things even more amusing, the main part of the story is set in China! That being said, the China of the tale has very little to do with the actual China of the time, so people suspect it's set in a western region of China that had mostly muslims (chinese turkestan) or simply that the tale was created with China used as a way to say "far away land" without knowing anything about it. Obviously, the Disney story is also a major re-imagination of the original tale, with key plot elements (like having only 3 wishes), not existing at all in the original.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Isn't blueface racist? Do they care about Smurfs feelings?

• 2Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
She does look very white-- next to Abu its jarring.

I don't get why the monkey is the star of the movie instead of Aladdin.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If you took them and looked at them separately you would have no idea who the hell they are supposed to be. Didnt Jasmine show her stomach and Aladdin show everything?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
aladdin's first wish will be for jasmine to get some titties and the rest of the movie is a drama involving cosmetic surgery

• 1Like