Albion Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been having a blast out in the black. Basically a non stop war vs four other nations / alliances. We beat one off the map entirely winning four gvgs vs them Saturday night. I wish the gvgs were more similar to shadowbane sieges but regardless this is total war.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The dev response was poorly delivered but hardly unreasonable. They banned the RMTer and verified others were not affected. They promised to fully reimburse but warned it would take a month, so offered a 50% compromise if they just wanted money now. They nuked the thread because it technically broke forum rules but posted acknowledgement.

Like, yeah, it shouldn't take a month to math what the next highest bids were and reimburse the difference, I get that. Still, can't help but not give much shit about these p2w whales demanding that devs accept their indesputable evidence. Lazy game staff or not, it looked like a lot of entitled bratty whining to me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The dev response was poorly delivered but hardly unreasonable. They banned the RMTer and verified others were not affected. They promised to fully reimburse but warned it would take a month, so offered a 50% compromise if they just wanted money now. They nuked the thread because it technically broke forum rules but posted acknowledgement.

Like, yeah, it shouldn't take a month to math what the next highest bids were and reimburse the difference, I get that. Still, can't help but not give much shit about these p2w whales demanding that devs accept their indesputable evidence. Lazy game staff or not, it looked like a lot of entitled bratty whining to me.
Certainly is, but tell the whales to fuck off and wait when they're demanding shit gets solved quickly seems fairly fucking stupid, from a business perspective. As much as I don't like favoritism in my mmo, it'd make sense for it to happen when whales are affected and you agree that they're right too(like they're not making up shit and the devs need time to investigate, the devs said they outright banned the other guy right away).

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Certainly is, but tell the whales to fuck off and wait when they're demanding shit gets solved quickly seems fairly fucking stupid, from a business perspective. As much as I don't like favoritism in my mmo, it'd make sense for it to happen when whales are affected and you agree that they're right too(like they're not making up shit and the devs need time to investigate, the devs said they outright banned the other guy right away).

I don't really see fuck off and wait here though. They offered immediate 50% back if they want cash now. If the gold site did not jack prices at least to doubled, thats a good deal.

The whining kept talking about wrongdoing, but the devs acknowledged and moved on that. What nobody seems to have is exact math on how much the prices were inflated and therefore how much the bank lost.

Again, I think the devs were undiplomatic, but I don't see them in the wrong. Should they have made it rain on these p2wers with full and immediate reimbursement? Fuck that.

Meanwhile, the shit tier server stability has lost most of the rl crew I was playing with. Given the game setup, dev attitudes, lack of app store or steam etc, I strongly suspect these SI fuckers are probably at fault for not securing their shit, negotiating backups, or hell even working with authorities. Too proud and paranoid for outside hosting or whatever. I knew the game would have issues with stale/linear gameplay and poor balance, but totally didn't realize they would get fucked up by cyber bullies and fail to handle it well...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Excitement for this die down already? The few streams I knew that were streaming it quit.

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Couldn't get into it. Seemed shallow to me and the pvp wasn't very fun unless you were doing organized 5v5s.

Barab

Not sure twitch is a good gauge. There has been some drop off but we still encounter open world fights and constant gvg sieging. We been fighting for survival pretty much non stop holding our last home plot territory in the low black.

Our alliance took in the reminants of the iron bank of Albion. Good guys and as a plus access to t8 stations in caerleon.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
69sztz.png

smdm61.png

lol

AO is developed by a German company. At this point I'm willing to bet some of the local refugees could've designed a better game; they actually know something about open-world sandbox PvP.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
69sztz.png

smdm61.png

lol

AO is developed by a German company. At this point I'm willing to bet some of the local refugees could've designed a better game; they actually know something about open-world sandbox PvP.
Clementine is american. As power hungry troll as you can get

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Barab

tards have been looking for pubs for hellgates for before beta, it never ends well.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
69sztz.png

smdm61.png

lol

I know other mods who don't agree with muting for this. Nothing wrong with not wanting a bunch of people who can't speak your language in your group. These are all player, volunteer mods .. so get what you get, SJWs included.