Albion Online

Maric

N00b
I've been playing since first alpha. Albion isn't a deep MMO in any sense. It's basically gather, craft, raid and set out looking for a fight over and over. It's a grind but I enjoy the game, especially in a good guild. Have had some great PvP. It was much more hardcore when testing first started. Devs actually listen and game has had many improvements over the last year to help lessen the ridiculous grind. I'm looking forward to Nov. Beta test.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Their development of the game is super slow. Closed beta will last like a month, then four to five months development, then open beta - another month followed by another four/five months of development. I`m thinking a year from now.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Nope, but the game is looking a lot better with each update they release so I'll just be hoping for the best on this one.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a Rerolled guild for this beta? Doesn't seem like too many playing, but figured I'd ask. It's pretty fun so far.

rad

Lord of Guk
Ditto. Really looking for feedback.

I've been watching streams but I have yet to witness how punishing the game truly is. The crafting seems interesting and I like the concept of having housing on 'islands' instead of the main world (unless I'm missing something about that system). Still don't completely understand how large or small the green? zones are in relation to the red?(combat) areas. They speak to trade routes and hauling goods across the world, but does it really translate to the game or is it a talking point?

Many more questions.. too many drinks.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Idea sounded cool. Watched Dickhammer try and refine or craft or something with the wood he had gathered, a stack of like 350 or so, and it was just a solid 10 minutes of a green progress bar and waiting. Interest in game instantly killed.

norp

Bronze Squire
After watching the streamers that were paid to play the game for exposure the game just doesn't look fun. From the slowest horses in the universe to the crafting... seems like there are a ton of better options for this particular style of game.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's a fun grindy MMO and if the pvp ends up being decent it might be a good time, but the property in cities is going to be bought up quick (within hours) and a few people are going to get rich as fuck off that. The pvp areas are gonna be taken over by mega guilds and it's going to be pretty similar to eve in that there will be a few wealthy / rich in the guild leadership ranks and everyone else is a cog in the wheel. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get max "levels" unless you have access to red zone equipment, which I'd guess will be hoarded and not offered for sale. Still, could end up being pretty fun pvp and will doubtful have the bore factor that eve has in pvp. I think it's all going to come down to power dynamics, it might get boring for the common player to just be a part of the zerg of the top 4 or 5 guilds that will own mostly everything.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Add me: Vitality

Currently tier 3 everything except magic. Running some Ore/Stone market schemes for $$$ at Kings Market

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The game seems to be extremely grindy after T4. Way too much grind to keep going when its just getting wiped...

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They're going to have to make some major changes - as it is right now with the fame system it's going to be almost impossible to get T6+ w/o always rolling in large groups... which dilutes the fame a ton anyways. Devs got some serious work to do.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fun game, like it.
smile.png

Closed beta update "Aurelius" coming next week and they also posted their Feature Backlog of upcoming changes to the game.

45499bd9d03e5640007f53f45dc2a0c21616ceda.jpeg

Aurelius Update - Mid December

With lots of great feedback reaching us from all Founders, we are happy to announce the first game update during the Closed Beta, including the following new features:

• Quality of Life. Right click movement, forced combat mode, chat.
  • Keepers of Albion. New gateway dungeons, bosses and mobs.
  • Safe Zone Hellgates. Try out hellgates with yellow zone PVP rules.
  • Combat. 10 new spells with unique characteristics.
  • Christmas Specials. Santa hats and lots of other surprises.
  • Check out the complete overview of the Aurelius update as well as the general roadmap for the next months:

Read more

Feature Backlog

Hi all,

now that the beta test is in full swing, we want to share with your our backlogs of features and improvements that we are working on.

This will also help you to check if something that you currently miss in our game is already on our minds.

Note:
  • The categories do not represent a particular order in which things will be done
  • The backlog is not complete - if something is not on the backlog, this does not mean that we won't do it.
  • A lot of smaller stuff has been left out intentionally for easier readability
  • The backlog goes beyond the beta stage: not everything on this list will be done during the beta test
  • The backlog is subject to change.

0. Account Security
  • Email Verfication when your account logs in from a different country
  • Email Verification when your account logs in from a different device
  • Security Check via external company
  • 2 Step Authentification
  • More Chat Moderation Tools

1. User Interface and Quality of Life Improvements + PC specific UI improvements
  • Repair all button
  • Auto-sort and stack button in bank / inventory
  • Tab targeting (Under discussion, share your views in our poll)
  • Forced move on right click
  • Attack move (similar to how it works in Starcraft / Dota / League of Legends)
  • Shift-Click to move items between inventory and bank/chest
  • Fast salvage
  • Collect all button in market place
  • Smart Casting (see League of Legends)
  • Larger stack sizes - up to 999
  • Allowing items (such as weapons) to stack as well
  • Changing the ability system such that you only chose abilities only when you first equip an item - allows you to sell "blank" items on the player market, thus, improving trade
  • Improved in-game mail system (Report spam option, bulk deletion, possibly multiple mailboxes, etc)
  • PC optimized HUD
  • Improved guild management system (better rights management, multi tiered guild wallet, etc)
  • Improved guild member list
  • Properly working ESC key on PC
  • Ability to rename and/or delete characters
  • Better fast travel UI
  • More chat channels: trade chat, guild recruitment, beginner help, etc
  • Better chat moderation and reporting options
  • Profanity filter for chat (can be turned on and off)
  • The load threshold at which you can no longer move at all will be increased such that you will usually not be stuck after dismounting
  • Make it easier for healers/supporters to receive fame when being part of a group
  • Two click auto attack (can be set as an option to avoid accidentally attacking somebody)
  • Show players and mobs that are hidden by objects, such as trees

2. New Features
  • Friends List
  • Armor system rework: getting rid of the mismatch between crafting and equipping. Plate armors will always be heavy, leather always be medium, cloth always be light. The different levels of plate/leather/cloth armor will differ from each other similar to how it is currently down with different levels of the same weapon tree.
  • Mission system rework: Training Missions that help you with destiny board progress
  • Gateway Dungeons: Inside of dungeons, there are special gatekeep boss mobs. If you kill them with your group, a portal spawns that your group - and only your group can enter, with a max player limit. Inside of it, there will be very challenging PvE content. In PvP zones, those gatekeeper bosses will be deep inside of dungeons, so you can PvP with other guilds over who gets the right to kill the gatekeeper boss and do the dungeon. In PvE zones, the benefit of this system is that you have your own dungeon and other players cannot annoy/grief you. From a game design perspective, we will be able to produce really cool and challenging PvE content as we know the maximum number of players that will enter.
  • Rework crafting capacity: if out of capacity, a building can still be used but will not give a much reduced efficiency bonus
  • Unique item blueprints: these can be gained as a faction reward or as a very rare world drop. You can combine them with a player made base item to create a "unique" item. (i.e. Combine a tier 6.4 sword with a Morgana Bluepring to create a "Sword of Morgana" which then might be 6.7)
  • Fishing (this one will be amazing, stay tuned for updates)
  • Player built ships (internal discussions are at a very early stage here)
  • Player city management: customization of player cities
  • Scouting mechanics and items
  • Kill mails that can be shared with other players and posted online
  • Better market data (charts etc)
  • Emotes
  • Rare mob spawns: very small random chance that a very rare mob spawns that will drop something special when killed
  • More hellgate variations (such as 5 player FFA, 15 vs 15, etc)
  • Conquerable open world buildings (watchtowers, special castles, etc) that provide benefits to the guild/alliance who holds them
  • Improved player and guild ranking systems, with regular rewards (titles, vanity items, maybe silver, ...) for those who rank highest in a particular month in a particular part of the world. Of course, we will need to do this such that it cannot be exploited
  • Dueling improvements: dynamic wagering options, group dueling
  • Player/guild run taverns
  • Additional Labourers for farming/cooking/fishing
  • War declaration system for guilds

3. Balance
  • Full rework of destiny board fame and learning points requirement
  • Balancing of group fights: power of AoE spells vs focus firing.
  • Make healer/support weapons more capable of solo PvE
  • Significantly increased silver drop from killing players (there was actually a bug that made the drop amount too low)

4. Abilities and Items
  • Baby mounts for farming different tiers - making sure that T3 mounts are really easy to get and T8 mounts really hard
  • New type of mount: fast horse, with higher move speed but no load bonus
  • Loads of additional abilities
  • New armors and new armor abilities
  • Make faction items much rarer, but also more unique. They will require a faction blueprint and a base player crafted item to make
  • Unique/special items. They will require a blueprint and a base player crafted item to make
  • Offer 3 different enchantment levels for each weapon/armor, i.e. I can choose whether to enchant an item/armor up to level 4,5 or 6. This removes the perceived high end asymmetry between items.

5. PvE & Map Design
  • New mob types
  • More and better bossfights
  • New dungeons
  • Improved level and zone design
  • Increased spawn rates in red and black zones

6. Improve Tablet Performance
  • Achieve higher FPS on tablets

7. Bugfixes
  • There are lots and lots of bug fixes, too numerous to name them all
Feature Backlog - The Way Forward - News Announcements - Albion Online Forum

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Hmm. Hopefully they add fun PVE content. All I keep hearing at this point is that it's a grind and it's a bit shallow atm.

Still going to give it a whirl when it releases.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmm. Hopefully they add fun PVE content. All I keep hearing at this point is that it's a grind and it's a bit shallow atm.

same same not going to invest time as it stands now. grind to be wiped nah not worth it any more.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider

The start of the game (up to Tier IV) is boring. Once you start venturing into Yellow/Red/Black zones, the game gets more interesting. It's pretty fun to be in a PvE dungeon, repelling PvP attacks from other groups. It's also great working though a dungeon and coming across the corpses of fallen players that came before you. I netted two free horses last night just on that alone.

Also, if you're attempting this game solo it's going to end up being one of the worse games you've ever played. A solid guild is mandatory and grouping is almost essential in Red/Black zones.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Assuming they have more people live then in this pre wipe beta, they're seriously going to need to double the world size. Assuming the game and servers perform flawlessly, the first few weeks is still going to be a complete mess with all mobs and nodes just being completely raped at all hours.

They also need to figure out something different then LP, which is points you spend to level up "early" and get more of each month. You start with I think three months worth which will get one of your skills to tier 8? Maybe a couple skills I'm not sure. Once you're out of LP you're in for the long hall grind (about 4x the fame?) to level. It promotes multi accounts in big guilds that can gather the resources to funnel to different individuals that specialize in different crafting and gathering things.

If they address the above smartly, and deliver some nice qol and balance stuff then we might have a pretty fun game on our hands.