Album of the Year (2012)

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
see, if I was a hipster wouldn't I hate Ocean because everyone else is praising it?
smile.png

just looking back it was by far the album I listened to the most, I don't listen to it as much anymore, but it carried a big portion of 2012 for me. I still keep 3-4 songs in rotation, I love it.

these aren't the same mix I have, the production is better on the LP I have, but still...

Frank is just awesome in general. Covering a song he wrote for Beyonce

His "coming out" letter
rrr_img_7544.jpg

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
Surprised no one has Fang Island's new album on their list. I Thought that album was awesome. Hard to say what my number one is, but I agree with Japandroids, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, T-swift, etc...all had pretty great releases. The menzingers as well.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
forgot about the Fang Island album to be honest, if it's not top 20, it's right around there

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
First, ham is totally a hipster.

Second, I found a few good albums from his top of the year. Animal Collective, Beach House, Chromatics, Japandroids, Trust, and Sharon Van Etten are all listenable.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
some standouts from my Elurin's list. If you don't like these tracks, you probably won't dig the album

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I saw Divine Fits cover Frank Ocean's Lost a few months ago, and it was awesome. I think they were underrated, but not surprised. Spoon might be the best band that the average person doesn't know.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I've had a good selection of single songs throughout the year, but I can't say an entire album has really caught my interested.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw Divine Fits cover Frank Ocean's Lost a few months ago, and it was awesome. I think they were underrated, but not surprised. Spoon might be the best band that the average person doesn't know.
maybe it's because I live in Texas, but Spoon is/was a pretty big deal around here.

frehs_sl

shitlord
Actress - RIP
Lukid - Lonely At The Top
Andy Stott - Luxury Problems
Roc Marciano - Reloaded
Om - Advaitic Songs
JJ DOOM - Keys To The Kuffs
ahnnu - survival

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Count me in as one of the people who hasnt heard of about 95% of these bands or singers on here. I even gave some of the vids a go, just not really my taste. The new albums I listened to this year were:

NOFX - Self Entitled
The Flatliners - Destroy to Create
Swingin Utters - The Librarians Are Hiding Something

Pretty obvious I am mainly into punk, but really open to anything.