ALICE IN WONDERLAND 2: Through the Looking Glass

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Because this, Chaos. South Park explained it quiet well.

Frederick: Sometimes children must be very firm with their daddies.
Lisa: Indeed.
Frederick: Like when Daddy doesn't want to act in a movie because he thinks the script is bad.
Lisa: So we must plead with him: [falls on her knees] "Please, Daddy, please! It's twenty million dollard, Daddy."
Daniel: [falls on his knees] "Please, Daddy, please!"
Frederick: [falls on his knees] "Twenty million is still twelve million after taxes, Daddy!"
Lisa: "I want a llama, Daddy!"
Frederick: "I'd do the picture, Daddy!"
Lisa: "Please, Daddy!"
Frederick: "Daddy, please!"
Lisa: "Daddy, do the movie, Daddy!"
Daniel: "But Daddy!" [all three rise]
Frederick: And so Daddy does the picture.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
tumblr_inline_mjydqvnlXY1qz4rgp.gif

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I wish they'd make a set of movies from the American McGee's Alice games instead.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
The first movie was fucking terrible. How many impact craters does Johnny need in his career before he gives up on this shit.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I wish they'd make a set of movies from the American McGee's Alice games instead.
This. Especially the sequel. It's exactly in Tim Burton's wheelhouse too.... but definitely not in Disney's.

I guess he learned his lesson from making the first Frankenweenie, which got him fired from Disney in the 80's haha.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I watched the first one on HBO a few years back and nearly everyday I think of a line from it.

"Why is it you're always too small or too tall? ?Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland)"

As a 34 year old male, I don't remember the last Depp movie that I saw in the theatre, if ever. I've seen 99% of them at home but I would spend the $9-20x2+popcorn/drink for this movie. Even if it was just for 1 sentence that I could remember for years.

spronk

FPS noob
no doubt it made money but less than people think, this was in this week's box office blurb and I thought it was interesting

Internationally, however, "Spectre" remains a juggernaut, pulling in $200 million and pushing its worldwide total to more than $300 million after two weeks in release. With a production budget of $250 million and millions more in marketing costs, "Spectre" has to pull in $650 million globally to break even.

i just don't understand how movies aren't going to collapse though, that seems insane that a movie that cost $250m to make (wtf) has to pull in $650m just to break even

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
no doubt it made money but less than people think, this was in this week's box office blurb and I thought it was interesting

Internationally, however, "Spectre" remains a juggernaut, pulling in $200 million and pushing its worldwide total to more than $300 million after two weeks in release. With a production budget of $250 million and millions more in marketing costs, "Spectre" has to pull in $650 million globally to break even.

i just don't understand how movies aren't going to collapse though, that seems insane that a movie that cost $250m to make (wtf) has to pull in $650m just to break even
They're not going to collapse because China is a new market full of eager buyers.

After they've tapped out China for growth, maybe.