Alien 5?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That is awesome. I never liked how they screwed poor Newt and Hudson after all the bullshit they went through in Aliens, it just seemed cheap and lazy.

This is off to a winning start.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I never liked how they screwed poor Newt andHudsonafter all the bullshit they went through in Aliens, it just seemed cheap and lazy.
rrr_img_91291.jpg

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I liked Ressurection - but as a standalone, not necessarily as any kind of sequel.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
That gif is brilliant. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this project. If they really do get Louis C.K. in there it will probably be worth the price of admission.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I liked Ressurection - but as a standalone, not necessarily as any kind of sequel.
I feel the same about Alien 3. Resurrection was just too much. I liked City of Lost Children and Delicatessen but that dude went off the deep end with Resurrection.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wow, in 1997 it must not have mattered to me at all, but Resurrectionwas!Jeunet. Mind blown. I mean, which one of these is not like the other:

Delicatessen, The City of Lost Children, Alien: Resurrection, Amelie, A Very Long Engagement, Micmacs...

Going to have to Google this and figure out what happened there, because I really don't want to rewatch A:R to see if it should have been obvious.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah the cast alone should have made it obvious! But I am not sure what happened. I want to think the studio did it but who knows.

spronk

FPS noob
for alien 3 & 4 sigourney weaver made a demand that guns be used minimally or not at all, so ... that kinda fucked things up i imagine

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah her demands clearly ruined those movies. Not the studio, writing, acting...

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The "Assembly Cut" of Alien 3 is fantastic and a worthy successor to Aliens. Neil Blomkamp probably hasn't seen it. After all, it's cool to hate on everything after the second movie.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
more yes

Do you feel you f*cked up Elysium?

A little bit.

What would you have done differently?

I feel like, ultimately, the story is not the right story. I still think the satirical idea of a ring, filled with rich people, hovering above the impoverished Earth, is an awesome idea. I love it so much, I almost want to go back and do it correctly. But I just think the script wasn't. I just didn't make a good enough film is ultimately what it is. I feel like I executed all of the stuff that could be executed, like costume and set design and special effects very well. But, ultimately, it was all resting on a somewhat not totally formed skeletal system, so the script just wasn't there; the story wasn't fully there.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's so much better to read than "it was all perfect and you guys just didn't get it and it'll be regraded as a classic forever by a new generation" or all the other bullshit you hear when a movie isn't very good.