Alien Blackout, please let it be the one.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bend over gaming. Am mobile and you’re getting ass fucked.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
There was a AvP game on that Atari Jaguar system. I loved that game. Scared the shit out of you in the ventilation system and aliens rushing you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i didn't have a jaguar, because AVP was the ONLY reason to buy the system, and it was like $600, wasn't it?

the first avp for pc though was boss. and it was awesome because it had super randomized enemy placement. so you walk under a ventilation shaft, and an alien jumps out of it and kills you. so you restart at the check point and walk under that same ventilation shaft all ready for that sumbitch but he doesn't show. he's not there. and while you're focused on that ventilation shaft above you, he comes from a grate in the wall instead. so then you reload your quicksave and walk into that same room and SLOWLY check the vent above you. nothing. then you jerk around to the grate in the wall. nothing. good lord where is he?! he's not there. there's nothing there. the room is clear. you walk through the room and OH GOD HE'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Isolation was awesome. I would like to see that in VR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I remember playing a really fun aliens game on the c64. You played the squad of marines and it was iso metric.

I know, it doesn't sound that impressive. I think it might have been one of the first isometric games though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Confirmed shill for the underwear industry! :p

Haha I wouldn’t be able to finish it. I had to play RE7 in non vr mode. I cannot even imagine the pants shitting that would commence if that came out in VR but it would be an amazing 45 minutes before I ripped it off the VR headset in terror 😜

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Claw tail claw

Hope I'm not the only Atari AVP fan here and someone gets that

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
There was a AvP game on that Atari Jaguar system. I loved that game. Scared the shit out of you in the ventilation system and aliens rushing you.

This was the only reason I bought the Jaguar. The stupid game kept getting delayed over and over again. I finally got it, and all it's 12-15 FPS glory. Was 100% worth the wait with just the Marine campaign alone! Watch a youtube playthrough of it sometime.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
[H]ardOCP: FoxNet is Working on an Alien MMO Shooter
Following the release of Alien: Isolation in 2014, fans have been hungry for another big game set in the Aliens universe. So, I bet you can image the fanbase's reaction when they learned the highly anticipated Alien: Blackout is actually a mobile game today. Fortunately, several media outlets received a email from Fox claiming that Cold Iron Studios, FoxNext Games' studio, is working on a "massively multiplayer online shooter set in the Alien cinematic universe for consoles and PC." TweakTown posted the full email, which you can see below, and they suggest that the upcoming game could have a PvE focus. Tie ins with other forms of media, like movies, comics, and even the mobile game are likely too, but confirmed details about the game are scarce now. Given their Twitter activity and posts on other social media, it looks like Cold Iron Studios have been churning away on this MMO for some time.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
AVP 1 and 2 with their respective xpacs for PC were good.

AVP Jaguar was good.

We just want Colonial Space Marines vs Aliens with a predator sneaking around. Have they really not fucking figured that out yet? Or they have, are completely out of touch and think they know better than the people saying "give us this, we give you money"?

• 1Like