Alien: Covenant (2017)

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm curious about the black goo. In some of the preview pictures, it looks like the bodies are charred in some way. What is the black goo supposed to be doing to the engineers? Isn't it supposed to seed its host with a back-burster?

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
New TV spot has the Covenant crew walking thru the Engineer city asking what happened. Seems one or two of them step on a body part that causes the goo to become airborne. The one looks to go into the ear of the one explorer.

Not finding that tv spot but here is the walk thru.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
These movies are the ultimate example of what Roger Ebert used to call idiot plots, these movies piss me off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The shit you find by reading the comment section of youtube sometime.... jesus.

Here is what I think. It is poetic justice, the engineers wanted to live forever and lost sexual reproduction, the purpose of life, by getting it. The engineers are evolutionary completion, they gave themselves eternal life with their science. This led to them also becomming sterile, their appearance is symbolically sterile, they have no hair, no wrinkles, they're completely pale and clean. But they're not invulnerable, so they're slowly dying out and need to find a way to reproduce again. So they made the black goo so they could evolve back to a specie that can produce offspring, using their own dna to give life to other planets. They learned the hard way that death was the price for life, that is why the engineer ritually kills himself to create life on earth. In some retellings of Noah's Ark the reason god caused the great flood was because angels had sex with humans and made half-angels. David and Walter are robots who live forever, they are also sterile. The engineer was upset with Weyland because he wanted to live forever and David represented that the humans were becomming sterile themselves. Wanting and trying to live forever is blasphemy to them. He killed Weyland and David to save them from themselves

anyway

My money is on david making shaw the first xenoqueen. The nuking the engineer planet with goo just cause.

They fucked with the wrong android.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Lol, sounds like the comment was from the writer that took off on Ridley in the middle of Prometheus. Might be onto something.

Inque

FunEmployed
Shaw is barely in the movie; She is dead and on the table being operated on. David created the Xeno's allegedly but not the true Xeno, there is still another movie called Awakening that should elaborate on that? Majority of movie is Covenant crew getting blitzed by alien species, return to main ship, chasing down and reliving a mixture of Alien 3 and Alien and queue credit where we discover it's David on the ship in place of Walter

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Holy Fuck, I did enjoy this even with the issues I have with it... Can't do spoilers on my phone so I'll do it tomorrow..
I will see it again..

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Righty oh then Alas...

the screen goes dark then some credits role.... BAMM, bet you never saw that coming!!!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just saw it, solid 7/10 but there wouldn't be any fucking aliens if the damn main characters took basic precautions.

Edit - I thought I hit post, but it was still in the reply box when I came back to the thread.

If a mod removed it because "spoilers", I don't think it's a spoiler, one of the trailers even revealed as much