Alien: Covenant (2017)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I loved both, but honestly in 1979, Alien was absolutely one of the more scary movies of it's day. Aliens, when compared to the original, is a bit more campy, but still none the less a great tie in to the universe. What they should have done was develop a story around Earth being invaded, a sub plot involving the company as to why they always wanted to bring these things back, and have a twist where the company had financial interests in sendiing everyone from Earth to another planet as the Alien infestation became too much for Earth. (Being that the company said they wanted them as a military force at first, but had ulterior motives all along)

joz123

Potato del Grande
You really can't compare Alien and Aliens, really different types of movies. Alien was a horror/suspense movie and Aliens was a straight up action movie.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

It's pretty easy: one is the film where the main character goes back and forth through the whole ship to save a cat when a xenomorph is roaming, the other is the film with just about all the memorable sequences and characters associated with the Alien franchise.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It's pretty easy: one is the film where the main character goes back and forth through the whole ship to save a cat when a xenomorph is roaming, the other is the film with just about all the memorable sequences and characters associated with the Alien franchise.

Come on man. The engineer ship was frigging awsome in Alien.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Since the movie is out in Murica now, what is the percentage of the movie wrt location? 20% engineers home planet, 80% LV-426 and Alien 1 remake or ??

spronk

FPS noob
thats a bit disappointing, not what i expected. think i'll just watch this at home. I hope pirates of the carribean 11 next week is really good, although i expect it to be below 40% RT :(

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Movie was "ok" I feel they handicapped themselves with all the retarded shit from promethius.

they spent the first quarter of the movie retreading the dumb virus ooze shit from promethius only to get rid of it and go back to the traditional alien life cycle for the most part. I really enjoyed evil David making the aliens and he had a crazy scientist vibe going for him.

I truly hope this is the end of the engineer saga that promethius started and we can go back to Alien territory. We get it now that's how they are made move on.

What doesn't make sense is that if David made the aliens we know then how did they exist in the engineer ship in the original alien. Also how did the engineers have artwork of the modern alien?

This is the shit they need to explain.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea this was just alright for me, nothing special. Felt more like a movie about David, with xenomorphs as a backdrop. Unfortunately, it suffered from the boring retarded crew doing dumb stuff cliche.

You're really going to wait until he locks you in the sleep pod to determine if he is David or not?

Sucks because at that point I dont care if she dies or not, give us a badass, intelligent, logical crew member to root for. Fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juvarisx

Florida
I liked it quite a bit, these movies are suffering from the lack of a Ripley but David stole the show in this one. Some of the sets in this film are really very impressive and there is a good amount of tension interwoven.

Man can Faasbender act when he gives a shit he is truly great

And yes its better then Prometheus or Alien 3 and 4, or any of the AvP crap. Anyone saying otherwise is straight trolling.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
If you go into this without the attitude of a Nitpicky ass, its a good film. Don't expect The Godfather...but as far as Alien flicks go. Its easily the best we have had in quite a while and far better then Prometheus.

If you are expecting this to be better than Alien or Aliens, you will be disappointed. Its a solid extry and much better than Alien 3 and 4.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I cannot decide whether or not I should see this until Araysar Araysar gives his review.

Im thinking of going to see it tonight. It will be the first movie ive seen in theaters since Fury Road

• 1Like

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enjoyable film solid ending to prometheus story, that said not sure where they go from here.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
9 fucking previews before showing the actual movie. Have these people lost their fucking minds?