Alien: Romulus (2024)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Looks like shit and whoever made it has zero idea why Ripley, Vasquez and all the other women in Alien(s) are scifi icons so they just try to shoehorn more women into it.

Have you seen Alien: Covenant? That one also has a Ripley placeholder because I guess you have to have one.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If this is just The Descent - With An Alien it might be okay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
AVP for PC. I remember seeing it I think it at Hastings in college station and was so excited. Fuck yeah an Aliens and Predator game. Bought it hat summer and proceeded to get my ass handed to me. It was a very tough game but man was the best. I know when you're playing the Marine the first time you actually encounter an alien, that's pretty damn shocking. I think they're going to be 10 levels or something, but the last handful were pretty rough.

I haven't played isolation and I know it's supposed to be pretty good but I'm not much on the survival horror where you can't fight back type genre. I understand what @Big Phoenix was saying and I'm in the same camp. I don't want to just run around and have to hide and not be able to fight back in damn video game.

Maybe this holiday sale I'll pick it up just to give it a go but it's not ever been anything on my radar other than just hearing it's great if you like that style of game.

Another classic and hard fucking game was Alien Trilogy for the PSX

In my opinion the only true survival horror games there are, are ones with a limited capacity to fight back, like old RE iterations with very limited ammo

RE4 is one of my favorite games, but I wouldn’t classify it as survival horror, it’s just a third person shooter (still need to play the remake at some point)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Why not? According to the director in that interview video I linked earlier. He referenced the "is this another bug hunt" line from Aliens
I didn't watch that yet. Does he at all mentioned timeline or if it's in the universe or whatever the hell?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I feel like that's the best way you could do a zoomer Alien movie right now and get away with it without pissing off either "side."
See that's what made that movie so good. Yeah it was an all female cast, but they were believable characters, you got to know them, and there's some real tension, and a story arc. But none of it was shoved in your face of strong woman power. Never once cared that it was all women, because it was just a good story and a good movie.

I saw it in the theater and at the time it was probably one of the best horror movies I had seen in maybe a decade. I still rewatch it from time to time.

Probably Neil Marshalls best movie, apart from dog soldiers, but I guess so kind of follow a similar formula, with a later being a hell of a lot more low budget, but fun, well the former being a pretty creepy movie. I think that really has to do with the setting.

The second one however, ehhhhhhhh.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AVP for PC. I remember seeing it I think it at Hastings in college station and was so excited. Fuck yeah an Aliens and Predator game. Bought it hat summer and proceeded to get my ass handed to me. It was a very tough game but man was the best. I know when you're playing the Marine the first time you actually encounter an alien, that's pretty damn shocking. I think they're going to be 10 levels or something, but the last handful were pretty rough.

I haven't played isolation and I know it's supposed to be pretty good but I'm not much on the survival horror where you can't fight back type genre. I understand what @Big Phoenix was saying and I'm in the same camp. I don't want to just run around and have to hide and not be able to fight back in damn video game.

Maybe this holiday sale I'll pick it up just to give it a go but it's not ever been anything on my radar other than just hearing it's great if you like that style of game.
I just finished the somewhat recently released Aliens: Dark Descent and it was a good single colonial marine squad RTS that managed to keep the aliens a threat throughout the game, even though they didn't have a lot of variety to work with. Atmosphere wise, I felt it stayed true to the first 3 movies, with a little Prometheus creeping in at the end, but not enough to cause any issues.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The alien theory guy talking about the trailer. I think it's the biggest thing is it looks like there's some capable people and key positions working on it, so maybe I have a little bit of Hope. I'm sure it'll look fantastic, I just don't know how the story is going to end up turning out, and I'm not exactly optimistic.

Ossoi Ossoi you were right that the movie takes place between alien and aliens, so that's going to be kind of weird how they shoe horn in stuff with the aliens before Weyland Utani even knew about the engineer ship.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It could be an M41A variant but they really messed up placing the carry handle so far forward on the barrel. It makes it seem like a subgun and not a pulse rifle. Xeno pedia actually has some good information on the weapons that Armat Battlefield Systems developed vs Yutani. I ended up nerding out a couple of weeks ago going down the rabbit hole trying to find direct evidence that there original pulse rifle was based off an H&K G36. Which would make sense bc Armat purchased a German weapons company in 2100 or something.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It could be an M41A variant but they really messed up placing the carry handle so far forward on the barrel. It makes it seem like a subgun and not a pulse rifle. Xeno pedia actually has some good information on the weapons that Armat Battlefield Systems developed vs Yutani. I ended up nerding out a couple of weeks ago going down the rabbit hole trying to find direct evidence that there original pulse rifle was based off an H&K G36. Which would make sense bc Armat purchased a German weapons company in 2100 or something.
Given the time frame it's likely the the pulse rifle prototype.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Given the time frame it's likely the the pulse rifle prototype.
That's what the alien theory guy thought, given the time period when the movie is supposed to take place, so you're probably right.

Which you obviously stated, hehe, sorry was that walking the dogs and drinking a gin and tonic.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I feel like that's the best way you could do a zoomer Alien movie right now and get away with it without pissing off either "side."
Jesus Christ. "Side".

There are no "sides" about Alien movies. Everyone who likes them doesn't give a single fuck about the gender of a character, we just want a goddamn Alien movie that makes even a little bit of sense and has cool shit in it.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Y'all just gonna let this slide?
2024-03-23 12.49.09 www.google.com eca943a72b6b.png

2024-03-23 12.51.21 www.google.com 876ad3974e61.png

Edit: Bonus old Soviet watch
2024-03-23 12.59.55 www.google.com 9ee5696ccc78.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

JTMiscer

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm still pissed at the absolute horse shit that was Alien Covenant. I was actually interested in finding out about the engineers and the origin story. Maybe as a stand alone film, Romulus will be decent.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The original Prometheus script was a lot more interesting than what we got with the theatrical film + Convenant. I can see why it needed a rewrite b/c it was a bit too on the nose with the religious stuff. But it at least fleshed out the Engineers, how they operated, pyramids that could terraform, Earth visits, motivations, etc. Lindelof basically ditched 90% of it and just threw a bunch of random shit in there that made no sense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users