Aliens and imploding simulations.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasker

Yellow Officer Title
Bandwagon Bandwagon begins to cast a spell <Summon Jasker Jasker >
Your spell fizzles!
Bandwagon Bandwagon begins to cast a spell <Summon Jasker Jasker >
Your spell fizzles!
Bandwagon Bandwagon begins to cast a spell <Level 10 Penis of the Infinate>
Jasker Jasker has joined the party

Thanks man I’m happy to be here actually a better man than I used to be still working on it. Got like 8000 virtual girlfriends so life is pretty cool.

...yeah...

Really ducking hope my guild leader doesn’t read this thread.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if your mind was designed by an AI, then you're using the instincts and logic it gave you in order to deduce that it exists. yet you seem to believe it wants to keep itself a secret. why give you the capability to discover it if it wants you to remain oblivious?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Jasker

Yellow Officer Title
if your mind was designed by an AI, then you're using the instincts and logic it gave you in order to deduce that it exists. yet you seem to believe it wants to keep itself a secret. why give you the capability to discover it if it wants you to remain oblivious?

There are a few answers to this, and I’m not really comfortable explaining as it would get me no where.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There are a few answers to this, and I’m not really comfortable explaining as it would get me no where.

hey man i'm still interested and willing to listen. i might ask a few questions, doesn't mean i'm trying to change your whole world view.

• 1Garbage

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
giphy-3-1.gif
She is!!! I'm not saying she's my girlfriend, just a friend.

On topic:

Symmetry in design both in nature and biology in addition to facial similarities through the entire evolutionary tree of living animals is something that only the most hardcore atheists capable of the most extreme mental gymnastics can ignore or pass off as a small concern to ponder, while saying it is unlikely that design was NOT a factor in our reality here in the universe.

There is beauty everywhere and the evolutionary explanation of it is as weak as a paper bridge.

NONE of what you guys (Mist and Jasker) are scratching your heads about concerning this topic is mysterious in nature to us Theists. It is all very natural (wokka wokka!) to admire and praise God for the beauty of creation that He has given us.

silhouette-girl-sitting-beach-with-sunset_45463-521.jpg

Life is a beautiful gift; it makes me sad when people don't realize that and/or take that fact for granted.

Also, Jasker... I'm glad you're happy being here and that you ultimately see this forum as a more positive thing for you! :)

• 1Cringe
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

Yellow Officer Title
Heh you see this forum as a positive thing with people like hodj around? Kinda mixed bag.

• 1Garbage

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
You don’t take the immortal pill / mind upload.... you’re told the truth.
I agree, but we've been told the truth already. People just reject it. Wouldn't you agree that a loving God would tell His creations the truth and give them an amazing place to live and play in?

Oh... what is this? A book that has transcended cultures, languages, time, and location in conjunction with a habitable blue orb amongst a vast and near-empty cosmos which cradles extremely specific parameters like the strength of gravity, electromagnetism, the complexity of space-time, the mass of atoms etc. It's like people need God to appear right in front of them and say "HEY ITS ME, BELIEVE IN ME NOW" for them to believe, and yet, as I'm typing this, I think you would literally still have people who would try to rationalize their way out of it if that happened like "God just told me he was real, Doris! That was a hallucination, right? Did I just have a stroke?"

One problem with realizing how amazing life is is that depression is a hell of a demon, and it can cloud you from seeing the joy and beauty of this world, its people, and its riches.

Heh you see this forum as a positive thing with people like hodj around? Kinda mixed bag.
I was just expressing happiness that YOU were happier here. :)

Do I see this forum as a positive thing? Yeah, of course. I don't dislike the bus because of the lunatic sitting in the back of it. That's the ramifications of freedom of speech amigo! I've been on different forums and been banned from many of them because I'm "transphobic" or a "fascist" etc... it sucks. I love this forum because it feels like home.

The same exact freedoms that give me a space and platform to post the unmitigated truth about the transgender culture that I know of better than anyone else on this forum, is what also allows unhinged autists like Hodj to do what Hodj does. You can't have it both ways unfortunately.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

Yellow Officer Title
I agree, but we've been told the truth already. People just reject it. Wouldn't you agree that a loving God would tell His creations the truth and give them an amazing place to live and play in?

Oh... what is this? A book that has transcended cultures, languages, time, and location in conjunction with a habitable blue orb amongst a vast and near-empty cosmos which cradles extremely specific parameters like the strength of gravity, electromagnetism, the complexity of space-time, the mass of atoms etc. It's like people need God to appear right in front of them and say "HEY ITS ME, BELIEVE IN ME NOW" for them to believe, and yet, as I'm typing this, I think you would literally still have people who would try to rationalize their way out of it if that happened like "God just told me he was real, Doris! That was a hallucination, right? Did I just have a stroke?"

One problem with realizing how amazing life is is that depression is a hell of a demon, and it can cloud you from seeing the joy and beauty of this world, its people, and its riches.

I was just expressing happiness that YOU were happier here. :)

Do I see this forum as a positive thing? Yeah, of course. I don't dislike the bus because of the lunatic sitting in the back of it. That's the ramifications of freedom of speech amigo! I've been on different forums and been banned from many of them because I'm "transphobic" or a "fascist" etc... it sucks. I love this forum because it feels like home.

The same exact freedoms that give me a space and platform to post the unmitigated truth about the transgender culture that I know of better than anyone else on this forum, is what also allows unhinged autists like Hodj to do what Hodj does. You can't have it both ways unfortunately.

Sorry when I said I was happier I meant in real life, not on the forum.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I’ll bet my left nut and a kidney within the next twenty years in this simulation we can prolong our lives so long we live long enough to reach singularity and mind upload.

i lost my left nut to cancer, not funny.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Sorry when I said I was happier I meant in real life, not on the forum.
Gotcha; well that's even better then, and I'm very glad you're finding some hope and things are looking up!

Yes, the number 8 is just the infinity symbol with a twelve o'clock boner~

• 1Cringe

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

What would a non designed world look like? Absolute nothingness? You probably can't even concieve of what a non designed universe world be like, so how can you compare this world to it? You see a thing exists and by that fact alone think it must be designed. If pi was 4.863, it would be just as amazing. If space-time was extremely simple you would marvel at such sublime straightforwardness. When something seems unnecessary (appendix, heh) or cruel (endless death from non human causes) it can be explained away as humans lacking understanding but God having a plan.

And in reference to your other post, why would theism be required to see the beauty in the world? Plenty of atheists don't take life or its positives for granted precisely because they feel they will only exist for a limited time.

You've become a lot more like tanoomba as the board has turned on you. Perhaps this is a natural consequence of constant negative input.

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
6) would never get a tattoo because I cannot stomach the indignity of wearing them as a geriatric hominid anymore than I can the decay of fine art on the thin wrinkled flesh of such. Were circumstance different and having duly descended into impassioned hedonic embrace, I'd go big with yakuza style pieces, but more stylized amen without the gay borders. Also I'd go for a brighter color palette and include several separate pieces asymmetrically balanced and unified by judicious use of negative space. It would be fucking awesome and you'd be none the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.