Aliens: Colonial Marines

Sean_sl

shitlord
I cannot believe Gearbox's completely unethical behavior in this, it's just sad. I hope no one ever licenses a game to them again.

Taking a license and sitting on it for 7 years while you use the publisher's money to fund your own projects and keep asking for extensions and farming it out to some cheap third rate developer studio in the meantime is just disgusting. That shouldn't be legal.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
A source at Gearbox said the studio knew the game was a disaster, but it couldn't ask for another extension from Sega. Not after six years. So Gearbox had to pick up the discordant pieces with only nine months to go before launch.
I've heard this several times, and it just strikes me odd. I understand Sega wanted a return on their investment after more than half a decade, but you'd think they would've had someone take a look of the game before it released and realized that it was a mess that was only going to hurt the Aliens brand they've been trying to cultivate.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
According to one source, Sega's producers wanted Colonial Marines to feel like Call of Duty-in other words, more shooting marines, less shooting aliens.

This answer's to my question in Dead space 3 thread.....why they used more humans as enemies on both games (DS3 and colonial marines)?

Sean_sl

shitlord
I bet Sega wishes they had cancelled this shitty shooter by this terrible company instead of the RPG by Obsidian when they had to choose.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
According to one source, Sega's producers wanted Colonial Marines to feel like Call of Duty?in other words, more shooting marines, less shooting aliens.

This answer's to my question in Dead space 3 thread.....why they used more humans as enemies on both games (DS3 and colonial marines)?
Glad to see the trash of the gaming industry is fucking every other game up.