Aliens: Colonial Marines

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
one more thing to destroy this beautiful saga,even Alien Triology was better for fuck sake
AI?aliens are very dumb,humans dumber
graphics?bad
game physics?even worse
*sigh*

well....i imagine this scene but i am Hicks and Gearbox is the alien

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
aliens just doesn't seem conducive to a FPS game at all. the aliens in the movie never ever behave the way they do in this game. when the fuck did an alien go out in the open and just blindly charge at a person? it's always been through a vent or some slimy crevice. with RE and dead space dead as far as survival horror go, aliens could easily take that spot.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
In late 2012, when Gearbox saw what TimeGate had done, most of their developers weren't interested in taking the game back, our source said. Gearbox's team was upset that their work had been thrown out, and they didn't want this to be a repeat of Duke Nukem Forever, a game that took over a decade to develop until it was finally finished by Gearbox and released in mid-2011 to tepid response.
The way it reads, they make it sound like Gearbox just outsourced the project and then were astounded when they received the work a couple years later. I find it hard to believe that they didn't have anyone checking up on the project from time to time. It's not like it was locked away in some vault, completely inaccessible to them. And, if they weren't overseeing it, it's their own fault that a project with their name on it turned out to be complete garbage. You might be able to blame the shitty end-product on TimeGate, but it doesn't sound like Gearbox escapes much of the blame themselves if they just weren't paying attention to how the game was progressing.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I can understand if they want to outsouce a small title to a relatively obscure developer so that GB can concentrate on a major game...

BUT this is Aliens FFS! FuckingALIENS!

A major AAA title that is to be official canon to the legendary James Cameron sequel

You drop all other titles assign all your best talent and programmers to work on that shit. Youdon'tsource such a big and important IP out to some shitty developer and assume it will be fine and dandy when you check up on it 2 years later.

Fuck.Fuck.FUCK

Neki

Molten Core Raider
This shambles of a game just keep on giving

Aliens fans: You know, Pitchford, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
We need more companies to go broke, so crap like this isn't made anymore.

Glad I didn't pirate this, would have been a waste of unlimited bandwidth.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You know maybe this game wasn't all bad. Content like this for free both validates my view of the mass corporate media engine that spews out garbage for human consumption and provides many lulz.

At least when someone reconsiders making another AvP or Alien game, they can without a doubt say it wasn't because "there's a lack of interest in the genre" when looking back on the past failures.

Lesson learned and beat to death by now: DO NOT PREORDER GAMES.

Edit and lesson 2: support your indie devs. These suits that think they have this amazing and powerful ability to run software companies are a joke. I can just imagine their complete lack of technical understanding sitting behind a desk thinking how clever and talented they are while technical people are throwing red flags everywhere... LOL. "Myuh yes yes mmm yes things going all as planned". Ugh so full of themselves.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
That demo vs real video is enough to put Gearbox on my "pirate everything they make" list. That video is absolutely damning. I'll be surprised if there isn't some kind of legal action taken over this mess. At the very least I'm expecting to see some resignations.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I cannot wait for this game.
smile.png

Jx3

Riddle me this...
whoa easy fella, you must have been uber harsh. Guess the word "tank" hurt his feelings

Seventh

Golden Squire
I'm trading this in tomorrow, so if anyone wants my 360 preorder codes, here you go. You know, in case you find the game laying on a sidewalk or something, and have an urge to play a terrible shitpile of a game.