Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Isn't James Cameron turbo gay shitlibby now? I'd be all for more Battle Angel but yeah seems like it will never happen.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't James Cameron turbo gay shitlibby now? I'd be all for more Battle Angel but yeah seems like it will never happen.
The fact that hes made so much money that he's completely out of touch with society is pretty standard to becoming a liberal. Not that he wants you to have a choice, but that he wants to have a choice - namely young children in the sex trade. He could probably direct a fantastic dystopian science fiction at this point.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy

i dont think Cameron was really all that bad until Trump. i swear those 4 years ruined a lot of people.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'd take Dredd 2 over an Alita sequel any day.

And that's not because I'm not a GUNNM fan. It's because the first movie wasn't remotely what it could have been.

I read Judge Dredd too, and I always thought that it was a weird, schlocky, B-grade comic at best. Iconic? Sure. But the Stallone movie was about what I expected. Just kind of meh. But Dredd, to me, elevated the comics. Transcended them into a movie that was phenomenal, IMHO. I'm still surprised it wasn't far more successful.

I really expected more from this. It wasn't bad...it was just ok. But it wasn't good enough that I even really care anymore. And that's sad.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
i dont think Cameron was really all that bad until Trump. i swear those 4 years ruined a lot of people.

Those 4 years exposed a lot of people imo.

I think this would be a decent watch for you and your daughter Izo Izo . I don't remember the details of the movie, but I remember it being entertaining. I had lowish expectations. But now that I'm thinking about it again I might rewatch it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i try to tell myself that these people are covering their own asses with the noses in Hollywood and that they all cant be hidden nutcases because a man spoke his mind and said things so plainly that it broke many people's brains. look at this turkey now pretending he won an election. showers with his adult daughter. sniffs children and touches them inappropriately. is also super corrupt and completely senile and in charge of the nukes. not one peep of protest from these same people. their morals went on vacation for some reason.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd take Dredd 2 over an Alita sequel any day.

And that's not because I'm not a GUNNM fan. It's because the first movie wasn't remotely what it could have been.
i mean it's also if alita2 is made it'll be about the stupidest arc, muderball

• 1Like

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
i try to tell myself that these people are covering their own asses with the noses in Hollywood and that they all cant be hidden nutcases because a man spoke his mind and said things so plainly that it broke many people's brains. look at this turkey now pretending he won an election. showers with his adult daughter. sniffs children and touches them inappropriately. is also super corrupt and completely senile and in charge of the nukes. not one peep of protest from these same people. their morals went on vacation for some reason.

You left out his Dementia issues. It's only going to get worse... no way he could physically do 4 more years.

Had to move back home to take care of family with dementia in 2014. They passed in 2021. Once you've lived it you immediately recognize someone who's got it.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You left out his Dementia issues. It's only going to get worse... no way he could physically do 4 more years.

Had to move back home to take care of family with dementia in 2014. They passed in 2021. Once you've lived it you immediately recognize someone who's got it.
I have lived this cycle and living it a third time right now. Had to live through and help with my grandfather slipping away in the late 90's. Then my grandmother around 2010. Now my mom is showing the signs and very probably going to have to either come live with me, or move into an assisted living facility soon. Alzheimer's is the demon that apparently hunts my family. I dread thinking about the fact that some day Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus will probably be caring for me when I am only a shell and shadow of who I am now. (Since her family has been as far as I've seen not to susceptible to it, they just die of old age and things like heart problems.)

On the actual thread topic, since that was enough morbid depression for me for a while. I will admit I really enjoyed the first movie. I will go into chapters 2 and potentially 3 with cautious optimism until it's properly crushed.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
I have lived this cycle and living it a third time right now. Had to live through and help with my grandfather slipping away in the late 90's. Then my grandmother around 2010. Now my mom is showing the signs and very probably going to have to either come live with me, or move into an assisted living facility soon. Alzheimer's is the demon that apparently hunts my family. I dread thinking about the fact that some day Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus will probably be caring for me when I am only a shell and shadow of who I am now. (Since her family has been as far as I've seen not to susceptible to it, they just die of old age and things like heart problems.)

On the actual thread topic, since that was enough morbid depression for me for a while. I will admit I really enjoyed the first movie. I will go into chapters 2 and potentially 3 with cautious optimism until it's properly crushed.
Damn man. You truly have my deepest sympathies. :(

Mother had vascular dementia. Eventually had to put her in a memory care facility the last 2 years of her life. Fortunately it was a block away from the house so I got to see her often. Covid lockdown was a real bitch, but she still recognized us when things opened up. When I first got here she was beginning to slip. Was walking around with 4 grand in her purse and didnt know it. Taking away the car keys was the hardest. Even to this day I keep the spare at work and the other on on me at all times. Couldn't get out of the habit.

• 1Like