All things Brandon Sanderson

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished the Mistborn series, on an emotional Level Sanderson's third book just hit home with me for some reason. Way of Kings though might be one of the best I have read in awhile. Hes up there with Martin, Erikson, Cook and Jordan for me.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I picked up his recent novella "The Emperor's Soul" from the library recently. Great short book, well worth the 2 days it will take to read.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just finished Warbreaker. It caught me a little by surprise (who's good/bad), but I guess that's only because I don't really think about things when I'm reading. I just take at face value so that I can be surprised. Was pretty good though.

I can't decide if I want to reread Way of Kings before Radiance

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think the reread is pretty necessary. I read the first couple of chapters of Words of Radiance and I had completely lost track of who was who.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finally read Steelheart and glad I didn't read the spoilers. Enjoyed it and and looking forward to the next book, Firefight this summer. It appears to be about 10% through the 3rd draft.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I finished Mistborn book 2 and... ugh. The big reveal and the way it ended with the well - it all felt so cheap so gimmicky. I kept shouting DO NOT WANT at the audiobook in my car. Probably looked like a maniac driving home stuck in traffic.

I have no desire to finish the trilogy or read anything else by him.

Every chapter in book 1 and 2 started with a quote from "the prophecy" or from the journal of the hero of ages or from the villain from book 1, etc. Every chapter, and then the big reveal is it wasn't a real prophecy but the thing trapped in the well fucking with people to get them to release it. No, fuck no brandon WHY? You had such a cool thing going don't shit on it.

Then at the well the boyfriend gets to be an allomancer now? DO NOT WANT!

No! Why SANDERSON? WHY?

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I finished Mistborn book 2 and... ugh. The big reveal and the way it ended with the well - it all felt so cheap so gimmicky. I kept shouting DO NOT WANT at the audiobook in my car. Probably looked like a maniac driving home stuck in traffic.

I have no desire to finish the trilogy or read anything else by him.
Don't avoid everything hes written based on Mistborn; I know most people seem to rave about it but he lost me at book 2 (read 3rd anyway, it got worse) in that series also for similar and other reasons. The Way of Kings, Steelheart and a few others are quite enjoyable reads.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you have your appointment set up for the ophthalmologist after? I know I'll have eyestrain by the end of the week.
Nerd=P

I started the Acts of Caine books. Well, book. Should finish the first just in time for Words of Radiance.

There's a decent chapter by chapter summary of Way of Kingsherefor anyone like me who doesn't want to do a full re-read in preparation but does want to be thoroughly caught up.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I was looking forward to reading this but might have to put it off for a couple of weeks.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I am about 150 pages in to WoR and so far so good, no real complaints at all, I also liked the acknowledgements section; its refreshing to see a successful author with such an apparent appreciation for a good editing team. My only gripe so far are the damn "journal" quotes before each chapter as they are more or less direct spoilers for whats to come and as such I have to dodge reading any of them or I'll get annoyed
tongue.png
lol.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You know, I've decided I read too much. It does things to your vocabulary. I just used tenable in a sentence, and it was correct in usage. I had to actually double check meaning because although I knew when I typed it that it was correct it was such an odd word to just randomly come out.

At any rate, 43% in. Shit's crazy

I really did not expect Jasnah's death. Shallan just arrived in the city, and Navani's reaction gives me some pause in that Jasnah may not in fact be dead. It's hard to judge at the moment if Jasnah was in fact dead or if there is more going on than meets the eye. My initial assumption would be that maybe Stormlight could still somehow heal her, even through an apparently lethal wound. This book is costing me too much sleep

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
25% in. Pace is MUCH better this time around.

Took today off of work. Going to be one of those alcoholics/bums that wait for the liquor store to open up. Grab some banana bread, and Hefeweizen raspberry beers. Will enjoy my day.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sleep? I quit life until I was finished. Ignoring your spoiler comments because spoiler content. Hah.