All things Brandon Sanderson

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't want to read this shit until I have the whole book in front of me. This is stupid.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
There's nothing really explosive in the released chapters so far, though it has been kind of an interesting experience to read it as a weekly serial. I would wait another month if you haven't started yet.

But for those that have read them and are thus superior to all the rest of you losers:

Kinda-Turtle Is the Best Turtle

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I have really enjoyed the teaser chapters, thanks for linking them, Nebuchadnezzar. Jasnath's first experience in Shadesmar was pretty cool. Seeing the Pashendi from their Shardbearer's PoV was awesome. "The Listeners" taking on different forms based on what they're trying to accomplish is really cool.

I'm really looking forward to this book. It comes out on my 30th b-day! Can't wait to see what happens between Kaladin and Amaram on the Shattered Plains. Would like to see some more duels for shards out of Adolin, though hopefully against more worthy opponents. Hopefully Sanderson will continue to write as much as he writes currently. Would be nice to be able to read a new book out of this series every year for a decade.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering what happens in that last set of excerpts, I'd hope they would stop. I'm curious...

Do the Parshendi predate the Humans? It seems they gave up having a great civilization out of fear of being controlled by their gods? The same gods that the previous Alethi king was going to try and bring back. Are these the same gods that Dalinor is getting visions from? The Parshendi shardbearer PoV seemed to have revealed a lot of backstory, but I'm rather confused about what happened in that far past.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
My impression is that the Parsendi followed Odium and the Parsendi on the plains are a splinter sect.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Not reading any spoilers, but I hope he does some kind of quick catch-up from the first book. I LOVED the first one, but don't have the time for a reread before book 2 comes out. I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't actually remember what happened to Kaladin towards the end.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Not reading any spoilers, but I hope he does some kind of quick catch-up from the first book. I LOVED the first one, but don't have the time for a reread before book 2 comes out. I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't actually remember what happened to Kaladin towards the end.
After rescuing General Dalinars force from a deathtrap set by his traitorous ally, Dalinar then buys/frees Kaladin and all of the bridge men from said traitor in exchange for his shardblade. The general then proceeds to assert his authority over his nephew the king by beating the snot out of him (& having a heart to heart) while his guards do nothing to interfere and then openly declares his affections for his sister in law; the kings mother. Kaladin is then given a position of authority to personally train the bridge crews and turn it into a fighting force under his authority and outside of the usual chain of command but directly under Dalinar and his sons orders. Meanwhile Szeth is being used by the evil Island king to eliminate rivals and potential threats to his master plan and will soon (presumably) be running into Kaladin when he eventually goes after Dalinar in the shattered plain. Shallan is in training and being clever~ as usual, she also mysteriously has a shardblade and an unrevealed story. Finally a hero of legend appears to warn an unprepared world that the forces of darkness they thought vanquished are once again ready to march on the Kingdoms of men.

Hope that helps.

I do hope that Kaladin doesn't become too overpowered in the next book(s), the only things that balanced him out were an imperfect control over his abilities and the horrible position he was trapped in previously. Szeth is basically the hand of God but hes balanced out by being a slave to others designs and not having many appearances.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sorry but where does it appear that Shallan has a shardblade? Must of missed that

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sorry but where does it appear that Shallan has a shardblade? Must of missed that
It's a tiny clue and can be easy to miss.

Before she could consciously think of what she was doing, she was struggling with her sleeve, trying to get the Soulcaster out. It was the only thing she had resembling a weapon. No, that was stupid. She didn't know how to use it. She was helpless.
Except...
Storms!she thought, frantic.I can't use that. I promised myself.
She began the process anyway. Ten heartbeats, to bring forth the fruit of her sin, the proceeds of her most horrific act. (p799)

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think Kaladin will get too op until half way into the series where they figure out how to remake shards, and make him a shard spear!

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I don't think Kaladin will get too op until half way into the series where they figure out how to remake shards, and make him a shard spear!
At least nearly every character who has abilities beyond the normal seems to consider shardblades to be tainted in some way, so the danger of that should hopefully be minor.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Beyond the part that sport quoted there is at least one more reference to Shalan and 10 heartbeats.

The other part with Shallan and 10 heartbeats comes in chapter 8, "Nearer the flame" and is before we are formally introduced to the concept of a shardblade taking 10 heartbeats to summon, so it is often missed except on a reread (which I am currently in the process of).

Szeth mentions ten heartbeats in his first chapter, but it is Dalinar I believe who really explicates the process of summoning it. The first quote with Shallan and the blade is:

"She raised her freehand to her head, suddenly overwhelmed by the weight of House Davar's situation, her part in it, and the secret she now carried, hidden ten heartbeats away."

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been re-reading it too before the next one comes out, another hint I found in chapter 7 today.

It still felt odd to her that she been the one to take charge after.After the incident.After.
Memories attacked her. Nan Balat bruised, his coat torn. A long, silvery sword in her hand, sharp enough to cut stones as if they were water.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The other part with Shallan and 10 heartbeats comes in chapter 8, "Nearer the flame" and is before we are formally introduced to the concept of a shardblade taking 10 heartbeats to summon, so it is often missed except on a reread (which I am currently in the process of).

Szeth mentions ten heartbeats in his first chapter, but it is Dalinar I believe who really explicates the process of summoning it. The first quote with Shallan and the blade is:

"She raised her freehand to her head, suddenly overwhelmed by the weight of House Davar's situation, her part in it, and the secret she now carried, hidden ten heartbeats away."
Yep that was it. Like you said, I didn't notice it until the reread.