All things Brandon Sanderson

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't read all of the thread because I am only about halfway through, and I don't want to spoil anything. But, is this book really slow or am I being too picky? It just seems like it is one long ass setup so far, and I keep waiting for something to actually happen.

Am I being too impatient, or did anyone else feel this way as well?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't read all of the thread because I am only about halfway through, and I don't want to spoil anything. But, is this book really slow or am I being too picky? It just seems like it is one long ass setup so far, and I keep waiting for something to actually happen.

The middle is relatively slow, lots of character and world development, not much real movement.

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
One more serie to work on which will only delay new Stormlight Archive and Mistborn books even more.

Edit : and then I read this on the Coppermind wiki

Skyward is a young adult novel in the first drafts of development.[1] Brandon says the premise for this story is "How to Train Your Dragon but instead it's a girl who finds a spaceship and goes to Top Gun school. It's like a mashup between Top Gun and Ender's Game and How to Train Your Dragon with an old broken-down spaceship with a really weird personality."[2] Skyward is not cosmere.[3]
https://coppermind.net/wiki/Skyward#cite_note-Arcanum-Nov_13.2C_2017-3

UGH. And not even Cosmere.

• 1Solidarity

Arative

Vyemm Raider
At least his YA novels are usually only like 300 pages, so doesn't take him long to churn those out.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

It's a little slow in parts, sure, but the end of the book is totally worth it and has a great payoff. Sanderson really excels at this IMO

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So the book is in the same universe as another of his non cosmere series, but it's not Reckoners. What? I guess that means one of YA series most likely, I haven't read any of non-cosmere stuff except Reckoners. Is the Infinity Blade stuff any good?

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Has anyone read the White Sands graphic novel? Just wondering if it's the same story as he used to mail out or if he made changes.
I hope there's no redemption for Moash. I want see a character turn bad and stay there, conflicts and all. It was good to see Hoid taking a greater part in the story. I don't know if he's "good" or just doing what he must as one "god" working against another.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Nice, I guess I need to go ahead and read all the second Mistborn series books to get ready for that release.

Malkav

French Madman
Looks like we are losing a whole year to Skyward. Won't even start to write the next Mistborn until september and that could be even after if he does his whole Skyward trilogy in one go.

No Stormlight until 2020/2021 is painful. :(

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is the first Sanderson book that I has trouble keeping my interest, and that I actually have to force myself to continue, which is disappointing since The Stormlight Archive is my favorite series from him.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I forgot that Wax and Wayne wasn't part 2 of Mistborne as designed. So after that we'll get a 1980's spy thriller, and then after that we'll get a spaceship era

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

There was no way he could continue at that pace so I'm almost happy he's slowing Stormlight writings down. Oathbringer suffered a little bit in the writing dept. and I'm ready for a hopefully rejuvenated Sanderson for the next chapter. There are some other really good authors I'm delving into so I needed the break as much as he does.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone read the White Sands graphic novel? Just wondering if it's the same story as he used to mail out or if he made changes.
I hope there's no redemption for Moash. I want see a character turn bad and stay there, conflicts and all. It was good to see Hoid taking a greater part in the story. I don't know if he's "good" or just doing what he must as one "god" working against another.

I have the white sands graphic novel but haven’t seen the stuff he mailed out to compare it to. I’m guessing reading the story would be better than the graphic novel, the characters all look very similar, it was kind of hard to follow sometimes due to that. The quality of the book is good though, I’ll probably buy the other two as well. I’m not really a graphic novel person, but I have a few from people I like.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So, I have somehow managed to go through life never having heard of this guy until today. But from what I have seen from 5 minutes of Googling he seems pretty interesting, especially his current fantasy series. So, instead of wading through 45 pages of shit, is anyone here willing to give me a very quick rundown on the pros and cons of this series? Is it worth reading or is it trash? What sort of people like it, who hates it? Just a quick hint at if this is something I should take a look at or not.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So, I have somehow managed to go through life never having heard of this guy until today. But from what I have seen from 5 minutes of Googling he seems pretty interesting, especially his current fantasy series. So, instead of wading through 45 pages of shit, is anyone here willing to give me a very quick rundown on the pros and cons of this series? Is it worth reading or is it trash? What sort of people like it, who hates it? Just a quick hint at if this is something I should take a look at or not.

Which current fantasy series? He is in the middle of several. Lots of them take place in one universe called “The Cosmere”. I suggest reading up on that and start reading whichever of his series sounds most interesting, if it hooks you. Go through the rest.

• 1Like