All things Brandon Sanderson

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Due to a rather busy life, I listen to audio books way more than I actually read now a days so I can consume more content. The downside is every once in awhile I will get distracted (work, driving, kids etc.) and miss a detail or two. So I have a quick question about the Way of Kings...

Did Kaladin ever tell Sigzil about his conversation with Wit?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Due to a rather busy life, I listen to audio books way more than I actually read now a days so I can consume more content. The downside is every once in awhile I will get distracted (work, driving, kids etc.) and miss a detail or two. So I have a quick question about the Way of Kings...

Did Kaladin ever tell Sigzil about his conversation with Wit?
Off screen, I believe. The reason why I say that is in book 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sanderson did an update on reddit regarding stormlight 4 yesterday

Tentative title: The Rhythm of War
ETA Is Christmas 2020 if he can keep up 40k words a month, else Early 2021

• 1Like

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I finished the audiobook version of Skyward. It’s a decent story. I’m not usually a fan of female narrators, but the one they picked for this one was perfect for the first-person female viewpoint. Fit the character perfectly.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently Sanderson wrote a novella for Magic the Gathering which you can get for free from the MTG site.

faille

Molten Core Raider

Another update on Stormlight 4 progress.
Such a different approach compared to GRRM. Ignoring just the output, it's an impressive amount of open communication.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
so question:

Just read words of radiance. The world and lore are kinda cool I guess, though there's a few flaws in the logic of it that make it feel a bit off. Details I can easily overlook.

I'm convinced that kaladin and shalon are the two most annoying characters ever. Shalon is an annoying mary sue who rails against the problems of our world at times, but when she's trying to do things women are expected to do in her world. It's so bizarre that I almost feel like I'm reading her through the 4th wall chiding me instead of a char in a book.

Kaladin is just a retard. He's gotta be one of the most dense chars I've ever read in a book to the point of it being painful.

Does it get better in book 3? I made it through all of wheel of time for a reference.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I preface this with my love for the world/cosmer he is building, and the overall story, but I would say for your gripes, no it gets much worse in book 3, it could be I listened to the audio book and the actors where the worst I ever heard. Still worth a read but not getting better.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think I made a big mistake starting storm light. It's so good and I didn't know it was intended for a long series. I'm not sure I can handle waiting decades for another series to end.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
At least I have a good feeling that he will a actually finish it as opposed to most others, I'm actually more interested in the next few phases of mistborn, but the idea that the Hoid book is like 10+ years away is crazy. But again at least we are not waiting 5 or more years between books.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I think I made a big mistake starting storm light. It's so good and I didn't know it was intended for a long series. I'm not sure I can handle waiting decades for another series to end.
Well, while it's a ten-book series, apparently it's going to be set up as: first five books, *time jump* , last five books. So book five should hopefully have enough of a conclusion to feel like a satisfying end of part one.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I'm hoping that will end up saving the situation. As long as not too much is left up in the air, it should be OK.

-

I've had trouble being able to focus on reading for a few years now due to medical issues, and Stormlight is what I picked up when I finally could again... it's been quite the treat as a way back into reading. The man knows how to write some compelling settings and plots. I especially like that he doesn't string you along too long when it comes to revealing things that you suspect due to hints. I found myself coming up with theories only to have them confirmed just a few chapters later. It's refreshing, and provides a constant reward.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider

You realize that all the cosmere books are meant to be like 37 books don't you?

Elantris
Warbreaker
All the mistborn series
The stormlight chronicles
Books unwritten yet

The man is a machine. He'll get them all done.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Elantris
Warbreaker
All the mistborn series
Books unwritten yet

I'm not worried about the cosmere stuff as a whole, just the individual series. I read the first Mistborn trilogy and not reading it wouldn't have mattered when it comes to Stormlight as far as I can see. Even if he survives to finish the whole 10 book Stormlight series: I might not.

Anyways, I only posted it because I started reading it thinking it was just a trilogy, and that it was finished (probably thinking of another series) and only found out it was to be 10 books when I was midway through Words of Radiance. The Jordan/Martin PTSD kicked in.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Martin should get Neil Gaiman to finish his series. It would be done within 1-2 books, and would probably be satisfying enough for everyone.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

Elantris
Warbreaker
All the mistborn series
Books unwritten yet

Sanderson is the one of the few epic fantasy guys I totally trust to get it done.

Grrm Jordan and kvothe guy all super questionable

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sanderson is the one of the few epic fantasy guys I totally trust to get it done.

Grrm Jordan and kvothe guy all super questionable
Jordan? Well I’m assuming he has trouble being dead and all

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Jordan? Well I’m assuming he has trouble being dead and all

Yeah bs had to finish for him. I think he becomes the category. Don’t want to be a Jordan. I loved that series and it’s axtually how I discovered Sanderson so I’m glad they got him to do it